Official Review: Twinkle Twinkle Little Starr

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Stephanie Elizabeth
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: Do You Remember Me? by Wm M Crouch

Official Review: Twinkle Twinkle Little Starr

Post by Stephanie Elizabeth »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Twinkle Twinkle Little Starr" by H. M. Irwing.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Lucy Little is back for the second installment in The Little Sister series. A string of strange events has led Lucy to Los Angeles to reunite with her famous father and her estranged twin brother. She has mixed feelings about her father, Knyte Starr after he has been absent from her life for so many years. Her brother, Blaise, is a whole other story. She thinks he needs rescuing from his soiled past and encourages him to come back to Melbourne with her to meet their mother that he was taken from as a baby.

Meanwhile, Lucy finds herself conflicted between two men; Jace, and Richard. One is right for her, and the other is not, but she can’t seem to stay away. Who will she choose?

Can Lucy make the right choice between Richard and Jace and convince her troubled twin to start a new life in Australia?

Twinkle Twinkle Little Starr by H. M. Irwing is the continuation of A Little Lost A Little Found. The book is written in the third person and follows Lucy Little as she treads the unpredictable waters of life—finding love and forming new bonds with family.

After reading the first book in this series, I jumped at the prospect of reading the second installment. I was drawn to Lucy’s character and invested in her frustration towards her estranged father and feeling torn between Richard and Jace.

The part that I enjoyed most about the book was that Lucy had grown the backbone that she lacked in the previous book. I cheered as she was able to stand up to Richard, who could be downright condescending, at times. Even though she had unresolved feelings towards him, she was able to put him in his place when necessary. When he had been particularly smug about her situation, she retorted by saying, “You’re the only insufferable idiot here, Richard.”

Another enjoyable aspect of the book was the bond that existed between Jace and Lucy. They already had a solid foundation as they had been friends all of their lives, but their friendship was on the verge of developing into something more. Even though Lucy was torn between Jace and Richard, Jace’s love was unwavering.

My biggest complaint about the book was feeling disconnected from Lucy’s character. As the story unfolded, she seemed to have lost all of the emotions that she had in the previous story. Her hatred for her father, Knyte Starr, was evident. It was like a fire that could not be contained, but fast-forward to the second book, and it was as if the fire had been put out when I wasn’t looking. Lucy was angry and resentful towards her father, and I was expecting her to voice this displeasure upon their meeting. This anger had disappeared and was replaced with unrestrained feelings of love and adoration; how could she change her tune so quickly?

Twinkle Twinkle Little Starr often left me feeling perplexed. In addition to the components mentioned above, the author kept trying to weave other subplots into the story. This confusion led to specific topics being neglected, such as developing the relationship between her and her twin brother, Blaise. At the beginning of the book, Blaise had a substantial role, but as the story progressed, it seemed as if the author had forgotten about him. Perhaps the series would have benefitted from being longer than only three books; this would have given the author the ability to develop these various subplots with precision. With that in mind, I have chosen to provide the book with a rating of 2 out of 4 stars.

The book was professionally written, and I only noticed a few small errors which didn’t affect the overall readability of the story. I would recommend Twinkle Twinkle Little Starr to readers who have read A Little Lost A Little Found, which is the first book in the series. If you are drawn to books about blended families, Lucy’s family will appeal to you. For readers who enjoy romantic stories sprinkled with lust and sexual innuendos, you will love this book!

I would not recommend Twinkle Twinkle Little Starr to readers who are unwilling to invest the time into reading the three books in this series. You cannot read these as standalone books. This book contains some profanity and would not be suitable for younger readers.

Twinkle Twinkle Little Starr
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I'm sorry this one didn't live up to the first book. It's not my genre at the best of times. I wonder why the characters didn't seem to jump off the page in this one. Thanks.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Mrunal Tikekar
Currently Reading: Heartquake
Bookshelf Size: 291
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrunal-tikekar.html
Latest Review: Send Her Back and Other Stories by Munashe Kaseke

Post by Mrunal Tikekar »

I have not read the first book, so not sure how to feel about this one. But the concerns you raise about discrepancy in Lucy's emotions seem valid. This one does not sound like a book I would like to read.
Wyland
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 444
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wyland.html
Latest Review: The Cult Next Door by Elizabeth R. Burchard, Judith L. Carlone

Post by Wyland »

The story of Lucy and her brother, Blaise, is heartfelt. It's so sad that the two were separated a long time ago while they were just babies. Thanks for a wonderful review.
Stephanie Elizabeth

Wyland wrote: 22 Oct 2019, 06:27 The story of Lucy and her brother, Blaise, is heartfelt. It's so sad that the two were separated a long time ago while they were just babies. Thanks for a wonderful review.
Thanks for your comment!
Stephanie Elizabeth

kandscreeley wrote: 21 Oct 2019, 19:44 I'm sorry this one didn't live up to the first book. It's not my genre at the best of times. I wonder why the characters didn't seem to jump off the page in this one. Thanks.
Thanks for your comment!
Stephanie Elizabeth

MrunalT wrote: 22 Oct 2019, 03:42 I have not read the first book, so not sure how to feel about this one. But the concerns you raise about discrepancy in Lucy's emotions seem valid. This one does not sound like a book I would like to read.
Thanks for your comment!

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”