Official Review: The time we have by aastha madhur

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
maggi3
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maggi3.html
Latest Review: Paper Doll by Caitlin Strommen

Re: Official Review: The time we have by aastha madhur

Post by maggi3 »

This sounds like a beautiful story. I like that Matt and Lea seem to have chemistry, as I feel like that aspect can either make or break a love story. I'll have to try this one out. Thanks for the review!
Pronouns: they/them

:gay-rainbow:
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

What a compelling review about this young couple! You have made this book look really interesting, in spite of the errors. Your reasons for putting down the book were very convincing! Thanks for the wonderful recommendation.
sarahmarlowe
Favorite Book: One Second After
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 191
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarahmarlowe.html
Latest Review: The best therapy by Jim LaPierre LCSW, CCS
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by sarahmarlowe »

I loved the casual way the author built the conversations and the relationship between the two main characters. Their words flowed effortlessly, and I found myself immersed in their witty and thought-provoking dialog.
Very few things ruin a book like stilted, unnatural dialogue. It sounds as if this author gets it right! Thanks for such a thorough review! :D :D
sarahmarlowe
You can spend your time however you want, but you can spend it only once. :eusa-think:
Bluebird03
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluebird03.html
Latest Review: Retort and Retribution by Jak Dello

Post by Bluebird03 »

maggi3 wrote: 16 Jun 2019, 17:55 This sounds like a beautiful story. I like that Matt and Lea seem to have chemistry, as I feel like that aspect can either make or break a love story. I'll have to try this one out. Thanks for the review!
They did have great chemistry and they shared the same philosophies. Hope you do get the chance to read this one. Thanks so much for commenting!
Bluebird03
Currently Reading:

Post by Bluebird03 »

kdstrack wrote: 16 Jun 2019, 19:13 What a compelling review about this young couple! You have made this book look really interesting, in spite of the errors. Your reasons for putting down the book were very convincing! Thanks for the wonderful recommendation.
I don't think I use that many Kleenex when I'm sick- :) Thank you, kdstrack, for your lovely comments!
Bluebird03
Currently Reading:

Post by Bluebird03 »

sarahmarlowe wrote: 17 Jun 2019, 12:00
I loved the casual way the author built the conversations and the relationship between the two main characters. Their words flowed effortlessly, and I found myself immersed in their witty and thought-provoking dialog.
Very few things ruin a book like stilted, unnatural dialogue. It sounds as if this author gets it right! Thanks for such a thorough review! :D :D
Yes, the author definitely got it right. Thanks so much, Sarah, for reading my review and commenting!
Prisallen
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

I do enjoy a good romance now and then and this novel certainly seems to be an interesting read. It's too bad about the errors, but I hope the author fixes those soon. Thanks for a wonderful review!
hannahbhill33
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannahbhill33.html
Latest Review: Containment Breach by Wm. A. Yandell

Post by hannahbhill33 »

I enjoyed reading your review and it has peaked my interest in reading this story. I will be adding it to my bookshelf. I am glad to see that the editing mistake won't take to much away from the reading itself, though I do wish that the author would have gotten it professionally edited to make sure it had all the effort involved to help a great story.
Nisha Ward
Favorite Author: Garth Nix
Favorite Book: Binti Home
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 321
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-ward.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer
Reading Device: B0794RHPZD
fav_author_id: 4351

Post by Nisha Ward »

Lea seems like she's had a tough life, so it's nice that she finds something in Matt. Unfortunately that's not enough to get me to tead what sounds like a poignant romance. Thanks for the review.
"...while a book has got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the reader it's got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the writer as well." - Terry Pratchett on The Last Continent and his writing.
Bluebird03
Currently Reading:

Post by Bluebird03 »

Prisallen wrote: 17 Jun 2019, 16:53 I do enjoy a good romance now and then and this novel certainly seems to be an interesting read. It's too bad about the errors, but I hope the author fixes those soon. Thanks for a wonderful review!
I think another round of editing would make for a stellar novel. It reminded me of Nicholas Sparks' type of story. Thank you, Prisallen, for reading and for your comments! :)
Bluebird03
Currently Reading:

Post by Bluebird03 »

hannahbhill33 wrote: 18 Jun 2019, 23:52 I enjoyed reading your review and it has peaked my interest in reading this story. I will be adding it to my bookshelf. I am glad to see that the editing mistake won't take to much away from the reading itself, though I do wish that the author would have gotten it professionally edited to make sure it had all the effort involved to help a great story.
I hope that she gets the errors corrected also, so the book gets the credit that it deserves. Thank you so much, Hannah, for reading my review and for your comments.
Bluebird03
Currently Reading:

Post by Bluebird03 »

Nisha Ward wrote: 21 Jun 2019, 01:46 Lea seems like she's had a tough life, so it's nice that she finds something in Matt. Unfortunately that's not enough to get me to tead what sounds like a poignant romance. Thanks for the review.
Definitely a poignant romance. Thank you, Nisha, for reading my review and for commenting!
Magnify3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-magnify3.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Magnify3 »

I think that I would like to read this book. It sounds like the type of romance novel that I would read. Thanks for the review!
Bluebird03
Currently Reading:

Post by Bluebird03 »

Magnify3 wrote: 01 Jul 2019, 04:27 I think that I would like to read this book. It sounds like the type of romance novel that I would read. Thanks for the review!
It was a book I did not want to end. Thank you, Magnify3, for your comments! :)

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”