Fifty Shades of Grey

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Lotus1690
Currently Reading: Making Her His
Bookshelf Size: 6

Re: Fifty Shades of Grey

Post by Lotus1690 »

Love, love the review. The book has so much more detail than the movie and you as reader feels like you are part of the story. Excellent book.
Favourjhay 246
Favorite Book: The alpha toy
Currently Reading: Korian: Ark of the Fallen King
Bookshelf Size: 26

Post by Favourjhay 246 »

The book didn't really get me hooked and the hype is just overrated. It's just loaded with sex and I didn't really feel the romance. It just potrays broken people that fall in love. The love wasn't even great
Nachiyabi Simbeleko
Currently Reading: Better Than the Movies
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Nachiyabi Simbeleko »

It been quite a well since i reread this book but it's definitely something to feast your eyes on. I will advice you to take note of how mister grey developed into a successful man for many people lost the whole meaning and feelings of the character.
It's brings out how much love can break barriers of self degradation. How Mr grey (christian)can not come to terms of how much he loves Anastasia because he thought he isn't capable of being loved cause of his crackhead mother and teenage life. It's definitely a must read ☺️I read it when I was still in school and I couldn't put it down lol read it more than twice
Vanessa_182

Post by Vanessa_182 »

I think it's really nice
But as go go on you find that it's the same sexual content constantly on repeat from the fifty shades of grey to darker and freed ......
Horlarmidey Harkinolah
Currently Reading: The White Coat Effect
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-horlarmidey-harkinolah.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Horlarmidey Harkinolah »

I am glad they acted it out in movies. I am sure the movie act is less erotic than the books.
Ruth Frances A
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Rescuing General Patton
Currently Reading: Desperate Season
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruth-frances-a.html
Latest Review: Lucky by Spare Time Novels
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Ruth Frances A »

Hmmm, I have a different thought, besides all the sex and erotica, there are some activities therein including the themes of family and relationships. There is dark humor and mental health issues because Christian is a troubled man. His childhood was difficult until a turning point in his life that made him determined to succeed. Anastasia is compelled to grow up quickly and embrace motherhood while having to deal with an immature man. I had to read to the end (all three) to discover how it ends. Rivalry right from an adaption home plays a key role. I had to know if some innocent soul would pay for someone else revenge and hatred.
Evalyn tony

Post by Evalyn tony »

Fifty shades of Gray is one among the best books...such that have read it twice 😍.But one thing that makes it as the same books is the fact a rich guy falls for a poor girl🥱🥱.Which alot of romance has the same theme
Mukhwana Daniel
Currently Reading: Immortals' Requiem
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by Mukhwana Daniel »

Read it a while ago,i dont agree that the writing is bad,it was quite good at the begining,but it became boring later,cause i have many to read at the moment and its not my type
Frank Mutuma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-frank-mutuma.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Frank Mutuma »

Its an interesting read if you are into erotica featuring bdsm
Ayesh Fatima
Currently Reading:

Post by Ayesh Fatima »

The book "Fifty Shades Of Gray"itself is known for erotic scenes and many activities involving sex and others,Book is based on Multi-Millionaire Bachelor Christian Gray who owns the biggest corporation in Seattle where he meets an ordinary college student Anastasia who end interviewing him in place of her friend. The story continues on how he signed a contract with her . To indulge in BDSM with him and become his submissive partner,which takes a turn on her life ,he have secrets ,she is curious ,read to discover! The novel have 3 Parts in total Named as "Fifty Shades Of Gray" ,"Fifty Shades Darker " and finale "Fifty Shades Freed"
LiteraryAddicted wrote: 11 May 2012, 16:10 Hi Everyone,

I am new to this but I have a question: what is Fifty Shades of Grey really about? I have heard so much about it and as a voracious reader I am tempted to read it. However, I want to know what I'm getting myself into. Anyone out there in the ether how has read it or is reading it that can enlighten me as to what it's about and why so much gossip?

thanks!

Quirky Book Nerd
Meenahhhh
Currently Reading: How to Live a Life of Hope
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meenahhhh.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Meenahhhh »

To be honest, fifty shades of Grey really has a sloppy excuse for a plot with a few BDSM scenes sprinkled in.
Aiyalla
Currently Reading:

Post by Aiyalla »

Not about Fifty Shades of Grey but about Christian's point of view (Grey)
Overall, the same as Fifty Shades of Grey in the way that the story explores there instant connection and attraction. The main difference is that Christian doesn't realize until it is too late that he is in love or at least falling in love with Anastasia. Throughout the book, we have insight into his dreams where he dreams of his birth mother and his childhood both before and after he was adopted by the Greys. I liked that we're able to see how when he was with Ana, his dreams were happier and of his fond memories with his family and if they were fighting or after she left him, his dreams got worse and worse. It was also interesting to see how he had an inner voice telling him he was being sappy or that he knew what was in his heart but he was so stuck in his ways that he always shoved that voice aside. I will say this book was difficult to read mostly because i watch this character grow and change and it was hard to see him back to that person.
Charlienmegan Wehner
Currently Reading: Finding Joy with an Invisible Chronic Illness
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlienmegan-wehner.html
Latest Review: Death Ray by Tom King

Post by Charlienmegan Wehner »

I am definitely a fan of the Fifty Shades of Grey series having both read the books and seen the movies. I do think the first book was the best and most exciting but it may have to do with character introduction and the anticipatory relationship. I did not enjoy the movies as well but I tend to usually enjoy books more as the films usually don’t match up with the characters in my head. In the books, I thought Ana was a strong, independent woman (woohoo!) but in the movies, I didn’t think the actress portrayed her independence well. Definitely would recommend a read if you haven’t yet!
Latest Review: Death Ray by Tom King
Ethel Nkomo

Post by Ethel Nkomo »

The sex on the book fifty shades of grey is way too much and I think that the Anna focuses more on the guy than her self and that for me is boring really and not my kind of novel
Sibongokuhle

Post by Sibongokuhle »

Fifty shades of Grey is a very romantic movie,I really enjoyed reading the book and it's very addictive. It's more detailed and very interesting to read.Really interesting book to read.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”