Official Review: A Little Lost A Little Found by H M Irwing

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Stephanie Elizabeth
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: Do You Remember Me? by Wm M Crouch

Official Review: A Little Lost A Little Found by H M Irwing

Post by Stephanie Elizabeth »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "A Little Lost A Little Found" by H M Irwing.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Eighteen years ago, Knyte Starr and Mary Shubert Starr welcomed twins named, Blaze and Luxy Arra. The couple were very much in love and blessed by the birth of the twins. Unfortunately, their happiness was met with sorrow when Blaze was kidnapped. The grief wedged a hole in their marriage and ultimately destroyed their relationship. Consumed by grief, the couple separated. A few years later, Knyte Starr became a successful musician, and Mary remarried.

When Lucy Little finds out she was born with another name, she demands answers. Her mother reveals Lucy’s biological father is the famous singer, Knyte Starr. Shocked and confused, Lucy seeks comfort in the arms of her best friend, Jace. This new development has her unsure of what to do. Should she seek out her father or be content with her family as it is?

Amid this life-altering discovery, another discovery of love is playing out. Lucy and Jace’s relationship has always been platonic, but lately, they are finding it hard to suppress their attraction to one another. To make matters more complicated, Jace’s friend Richard wants Lucy for himself. Lucy has loved Jace since she was 8-years-old, but she cannot ignore the spark between her and Richard.

Lucy’s future is up in the air, and she is not sure which way to turn. Will she go to San Francisco to pursue a relationship with her father or will she stay home to seek romance?

A Little Lost A Little Found by H. M. Irwing was a page-turner, and I devoured it all in one sitting. The author was able to convey the intensity that was building between Lucy and Jace. It was evident that the pair had a decision to make about their relationship. Staying best friends would be safe, but they were both finding it hard to ignore their mutual attraction.

Upon reading the blurb that accompanied the book, I was expecting the plot to go a different way. The trip to see her father, Knyte Starr, seemed to be put on the back burner. It appeared that exploiting the love triangle between Lucy, Jace, and Richard was deemed more of a priority.

While I enjoyed the overall reading experience of this book, there was one thing that irked me. Lucy’s character was known for being strong-willed and independent but severely lacked a backbone when dealing with the opposite sex. Both Jace and Richard spent their time vying for her love, but neither one of them seemed to show her the respect that she deserved. Jace seemed to have two sides to his personality. He could be the sweet and attentive boyfriend she fell in love with, but then he’d get caught in a lie and would show no remorse. I knew Richard was terrible news from the beginning with his handsy approach and manipulative ways. While I realize the above relationships had chemistry, they lacked the essentials that make up a healthy relationship.

Although the errors were not abundant, I think A Little Lost A Little Found would benefit from another round of editing. One thing I found confusing was the author’s way of writing different words. Sometimes she would use the American spelling and sometimes she would use the Australian spelling. While both ways of spelling are correct, choosing one way and sticking to it would make the writing more cohesive. With that being said, I decided to give this book a rating of 3 out of 4 stars.

I would recommend this book to those who enjoy reading coming-of-age stories. Lucy’s challenges are ones that many young people on the cusp of adulthood experience. The reader can experience Lucy’s transformation as she evolves from a teenager to an adult. I would not recommend this book to young readers because of the offensive language and sexual content.

A Little Lost A Little Found
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Stephanie Elizabeth's review? Post a comment saying so!
Cecilia_L
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 436
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cecilia-l.html
Latest Review: No Rushing when Brushing by Humairah Shah

Post by Cecilia_L »

While I enjoyed the overall reading experience of this book, there was one thing that irked me. Lucy’s character was known for being strong-willed and independent but severely lacked a backbone when dealing with the opposite sex. Both Jace and Richard spent their time vying for her love, but neither one of them seemed to show her the respect that she deserved.
Ugh--don't you hate that?! Knyte Starr is an interesting name for a character. :lol2:
I appreciate your interesting review.
Stephanie Elizabeth

Cecilia_L wrote: 01 Jun 2019, 13:59
While I enjoyed the overall reading experience of this book, there was one thing that irked me. Lucy’s character was known for being strong-willed and independent but severely lacked a backbone when dealing with the opposite sex. Both Jace and Richard spent their time vying for her love, but neither one of them seemed to show her the respect that she deserved.
Ugh--don't you hate that?! Knyte Starr is an interesting name for a character. :lol2:
I appreciate your interesting review.
It is a unique name for sure! Thanks for your comment!
Bluebird03
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluebird03.html
Latest Review: Retort and Retribution by Jak Dello

Post by Bluebird03 »

I'm not overly impressed with Jace or Richard...and am curious who Lucy chose. Maybe she developed the backbone you mentioned and walked away from both of them. Thank you for aother lovely review, Stephanie!
Stephanie Elizabeth

Bluebird03 wrote: 01 Jun 2019, 16:40 I'm not overly impressed with Jace or Richard...and am curious who Lucy chose. Maybe she developed the backbone you mentioned and walked away from both of them. Thank you for aother lovely review, Stephanie!
That's what I was hoping she would do, too! Thank you very much for commenting!
Letora
Favorite Book: Wicked Saints
Currently Reading: the air between
Bookshelf Size: 251
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-letora.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Letora »

I think it may have been a better story if the author added in the subplot with her father. I could easily see Lucy escaping the confusion of the love triangle to seek out her father. Perhaps it will have a sequel though. Great review!
"Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope." - Dr. Seuss
Stephanie Elizabeth

Letora wrote: 02 Jun 2019, 07:24 I think it may have been a better story if the author added in the subplot with her father. I could easily see Lucy escaping the confusion of the love triangle to seek out her father. Perhaps it will have a sequel though. Great review!
Yes, that would make sense! Thanks for commenting!
Wyland
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 444
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wyland.html
Latest Review: The Cult Next Door by Elizabeth R. Burchard, Judith L. Carlone

Post by Wyland »

Sounds like an interesting romance novel I'd like to read. Thanks for the review.
Amy+++
Favorite Book: The Mister
Currently Reading: Last Chance Cafe
Bookshelf Size: 218
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy.html
Latest Review: The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance by Morris Rollins
Reading Device: B01CRGNO4S

Post by Amy+++ »

I enjoyed this book! H. M. Irwing does a great job of telling stories and making them seem real.
Stephanie Elizabeth

Wyland wrote: 03 Jun 2019, 01:22 Sounds like an interesting romance novel I'd like to read. Thanks for the review.
Thanks for your comment!
Stephanie Elizabeth

Amy+++ wrote: 03 Jun 2019, 08:02 I enjoyed this book! H. M. Irwing does a great job of telling stories and making them seem real.
I agree! Thanks for your comment.
Prisallen
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

I would have liked to have known more about what happened when she was kidnapped and if she met her real parents and how that turned out. It's too bad that was put on the back burner. Thanks for a wonderful review, as always!
Stephanie Elizabeth

Prisallen wrote: 04 Jun 2019, 11:18 I would have liked to have known more about what happened when she was kidnapped and if she met her real parents and how that turned out. It's too bad that was put on the back burner. Thanks for a wonderful review, as always!
Yes, I too wish it had of been explored further. Thanks for your comment!
maggi3
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maggi3.html
Latest Review: Paper Doll by Caitlin Strommen

Post by maggi3 »

This sounds like a dramatic, but interesting read. I probably won’t be picking this one up due to the sexual content, but I’m glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for the review!
Pronouns: they/them

:gay-rainbow:
Stephanie Elizabeth

maggi3 wrote: 04 Jun 2019, 19:34 This sounds like a dramatic, but interesting read. I probably won’t be picking this one up due to the sexual content, but I’m glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for the review!
Thank you for comment!

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”