Official Review: Rescue Her Heart by M. L. Taylor

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bluebird03
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluebird03.html
Latest Review: Retort and Retribution by Jak Dello

Official Review: Rescue Her Heart by M. L. Taylor

Post by Bluebird03 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Rescue Her Heart" by M. L. Taylor.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Rescue Her Heart is the second installment in a trilogy by M. L. Taylor. This historical romance novel begins with Aniela having been abducted and taken by her captor to a house of horrors. She has just managed to escape and return to her childhood home, Matthews Hall. Anxious to see her father, she soon learns that he passed away during her three-year absence.

At Matthews Hall, Aniela is reunited with Lucian (a familiar face from her past) and introduced to his wife Jessie. Jessie is actually Aniela’s twin sister that Aniela never knew existed. This foursome will be complete when Aniela’s true love, Jaylon, soon reappears in her life. Unfortunately, with Aniela missing for so long and presumed dead, Jaylon has married.

As this heart-wrenching saga unfolds, Aniela and Jaylon try to fight the passion they still feel for one another and learn to navigate their new lives. Will they be able to maintain their distance from one another? Will Lucian and Jaylon manage to keep Aniela safe from her evil and demented captor?

Taylor has done a masterful job of carrying characters of the previous installment seamlessly into this one. Rescue Her Heart is perfectly capable of standing on its own. However, to fully appreciate the struggles and captivating story of Jessie and Lucian, I highly recommend that you first read the initial book, Follow Her Heart (Had I been fortunate enough to officially review that installment, I would have given it the full four stars).

I liked that Taylor continues to do a very skillful job of developing her primary characters (as well as the secondary ones). Readers will enjoy the complete ease, lively banter and quick wit of these very relatable characters. The author has a talent for drawing the reader into the story. Like me, you will feel as though you are with Aniela and Jaylon every step of their painful journey. As much as I would like to, I cannot comment further on the plot without giving away spoilers.

The pace of this romantic novel ranges from steady to fast (mostly fast!). There is never a dull moment. In fact, I had a difficult time putting the book down. At the advertised count of 436 pages, it was readable in one day. For these reasons, I am delighted to award Rescue Her Heart by M. L. Taylor 4 out of 4 stars. Additionally, the book was exceptionally well edited.

True to its genre, this book will definitely appeal to romantics. Its themes of love, loyalty, and family will appeal to many readers. Those who run screaming in the opposite direction from a love story will probably need to avoid this one. Also, there were mature love scenes rendering this story unsuitable for young adults. Readers sensitive to stories of physical abuse may need to steer clear of this story, as some of the abuse scenes are graphic.

I could find nothing to dislike about this exquisite love story and wholeheartedly recommend it. In fact, I am looking forward to continuing the journey in Taylor’s third installment, Capture Her Heart.

Rescue Her Heart
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Bluebird03's review? Post a comment saying so!
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 685
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

I also reviewed this book, but found some areas not up to par. I'm glad to know that the editing has improved remarkably.
Nisha Ward
Favorite Author: Garth Nix
Favorite Book: Binti Home
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 321
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-ward.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer
Reading Device: B0794RHPZD
fav_author_id: 4351

Post by Nisha Ward »

This sounds quite good. The mentioned twin threw me off for a second but it sounds like there's plenty of drama and action as well as intrigue involved.
"...while a book has got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the reader it's got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the writer as well." - Terry Pratchett on The Last Continent and his writing.
Alice Heritage
Review Team Guidelines Team Leader
Favorite Author: Wilkie Collins
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
Currently Reading: 50 Masterpieces of Gothic Fiction
Bookshelf Size: 378
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-heritage.html
Latest Review: Keys to Healthy Communication by Bobby R Patton,Rusalyn H Andrews and Jennifer Page Daily
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 1
fav_author_id: 1
Signature Addition: Mod

Post by Alice Heritage »

I will check out this series; thanks for the introduction. Great to know that the mistakes were corrected!
This post was brought to you by the word "specifically".
Mod
Bluebird03
Currently Reading:

Post by Bluebird03 »

Miriam Molina wrote: 01 Jun 2019, 19:02 I also reviewed this book, but found some areas not up to par. I'm glad to know that the editing has improved remarkably.
Thank you so much for your comments! I am looking forward to her third installment in this series.
Bluebird03
Currently Reading:

Post by Bluebird03 »

Nisha Ward wrote: 01 Jun 2019, 19:22 This sounds quite good. The mentioned twin threw me off for a second but it sounds like there's plenty of drama and action as well as intrigue involved.
Yes, the twin does appear quite quickly in this installment, but was more thoroughly developed in the first of the series. I do recommend reading that one first, or you will miss so much background of this love story. Thank you for reading my review and commenting!
Bluebird03
Currently Reading:

Post by Bluebird03 »

ButterscotchCherrie wrote: 02 Jun 2019, 02:43 I will check out this series; thanks for the introduction. Great to know that the mistakes were corrected!
I think you will enjoy her series. If the third one is as good as her first two, it will be a winner as well. Thank you for your comments!
kdstrack
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

I like the mix of themes that the author has included in this series. Finishing a 400+ page book in one day is also a great recommendation. Thanks for motivating review. This looks good!
Wyland
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 444
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wyland.html
Latest Review: The Cult Next Door by Elizabeth R. Burchard, Judith L. Carlone

Post by Wyland »

I'll consider reading the first book in the series to really appreciate what Jessie and Lucian go through in the second book. Nice review.
Bluebird03
Currently Reading:

Post by Bluebird03 »

kdstrack wrote: 02 Jun 2019, 11:32 I like the mix of themes that the author has included in this series. Finishing a 400+ page book in one day is also a great recommendation. Thanks for motivating review. This looks good!
Absolutely, I love long summer days with no plans and a great book to fill the time. This one was perfect for that. Thank you for reading my review and for commenting!
Bluebird03
Currently Reading:

Post by Bluebird03 »

Wyland wrote: 03 Jun 2019, 01:25 I'll consider reading the first book in the series to really appreciate what Jessie and Lucian go through in the second book. Nice review.
You'll be glad you did. Their story was so full to twists and turns and then the idea of a twin sister set the second book up nicely. A great series! Thank you for commenting.
Prisoner Gabriel
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Prisoner Gabriel »

Me too I like the mix of themes that author has included in the series. Finishing like 400 to 500+page book on one story in one day, that is great keep on .thanks
Flapper_chima
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Flapper_chima »

Well I'm thinking the captor wouldn't be as strong as a twin and a lover, it is a fight for captive, a nice book to read.
Bluebird03
Currently Reading:

Post by Bluebird03 »

Prisoner Gabriel wrote: 08 Jun 2019, 05:12 Me too I like the mix of themes that author has included in the series. Finishing like 400 to 500+page book on one story in one day, that is great keep on .thanks
It isn't often that I have the time, or the interest level, to complete a book of this length in a single day. However, this was one that I just could not put down. Thank you so much for commenting!
Bluebird03
Currently Reading:

Post by Bluebird03 »

Flapper_chima wrote: 08 Jun 2019, 07:02 Well I'm thinking the captor wouldn't be as strong as a twin and a lover, it is a fight for captive, a nice book to read.
Thank you so much for reading my review and commenting!

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”