Review of Loneliness in the Pocket

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ThankGod Onyishi
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thankgod-onyishi.html
Latest Review: The Blood of My Mother by Roccie Hill

Review of Loneliness in the Pocket

Post by ThankGod Onyishi »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Loneliness in the Pocket" by Graeme Stuckings.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Loneliness in the Pocket is a rather sweet and enjoyable romantic fictional novel written by Graeme Stuckings. It consists of ten chapters about love and the misconceptions that come with it. The book follows the life of Pete, an engineer who may have love again when he least expects it.

After three failed marriages and even more failed relationships, Pete is not so enthusiastic about the prospect of meeting someone new. But when fate and a rather insistent mother force Pete to attend a party, there he meets the beautiful Seirah, a quirky 21-year-old who is obsessed with rescuing animals. What does life have in store for these two? Will Pete finally learn how to make his relationship work? Find out in this lovely book.

The book has a lot of positive aspects to enjoy. Firstly the language used was simple and easy to follow. The pacing of the book was also nice, and its moderate length was perfect for the story being told. Also, I loved the main characters, Pete and Seirah. The dynamic between the two was so fluid and easygoing. Their dialogue was engaging and very entertaining to read. I loved the character development done on these two. Pete, though older, is still a bit of a man-child at some times. Then he still shows the wisdom expected of him at other times. Seirah was a complete joy to follow throughout the book. The author must also be commended for the subtle infusion of the different cultures the characters experienced. My favorite part of the book is, without question, the epilogue. While most books use this to just address the few plot points that have been left unanswered, this book takes it up a notch. It uses the numerous unanswered questions that are left throughout the book to give a rather interesting and important commentary on issues surrounding love, relationships, and marriage. The epilogue was truly brilliant.

The book comes with very few negative aspects. I would have loved to see more of some characters, like Pete's first wife or his children. I definitely would have liked to see more interactions between Pete and Safiya.

I found minimal errors in the book, as it was professionally edited. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. The negative aspects of the book are negligible when compared to its beautiful story and its powerful message. They did not take away from satisfaction with this book. I recommend this book to lovers of romance novels, particularly those about to marry.

Loneliness in the Pocket
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Onumere
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onumere.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Onumere »

A romance book indeed. I lt interesting to know the story about two lover birds. I love to read how the love between Pete and his girlfriend turns out. great review. thanks
Toolzjane
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-toolzjane.html
Latest Review: Bi-Polaroid by David Samuelson

Post by Toolzjane »

I'm very big on romance novels. I love a well-narrated love story. This seems like a storyline I would love to explore. Great review.
FunkyFlowerLady
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Terms of Service
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-funkyflowerlady.html
Latest Review: Stage Fright by John Gore

Post by FunkyFlowerLady »

A very inspiring romance book indeed. It kind of struck a chord with me, so I'll give it a try. and your review is amazing!
Kendal Low
Currently Reading: As Good As Dead
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kendal-low.html
Latest Review: Ten Percent by D.L. Bruin

Post by Kendal Low »

The creative title alone makes me want to give the book a try, but your review has made up my mind! I look forward to reading this.
Shannon Gabriella
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by Shannon Gabriella »

Sounds like a good book. I hope everything works out for Pete.
Sarah tianna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-tianna.html
Latest Review: Reverse Chronic Kidney Disease by Yaw A. Boateng

Post by Sarah tianna »

I am really a fan of romantic books. Romantic books are quite engaging. The book cover is another amazing feature. I look forward to reading this book. Thanks for a wonderful review.
Michaeleedsy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michaeleedsy.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Michaeleedsy »

I'd definition love to read this book because it directed towards the misconceptions that comes with love. Thanks for your honest review.
R_becca
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by R_becca »

I'm fascinated by Pete's character and how he may have felt after so many unsuccessful relationships. I'd like to read this book, and I'm glad it's only a few chapters long.
abhi40
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by abhi40 »

Amazing review il definitely look into it ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Š
Kendal Low
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kendal-low.html
Latest Review: Ten Percent by D.L. Bruin

Post by Kendal Low »

This sounds like a great read. I think I'd like to give it a try as Pete's relationship struggles, while sad for him, seem quite interesting to me. Great review!

Return to โ€œRomance and Erotic Booksโ€