Who's Your Favorite Author?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Samathrasweet
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Who's Your Favorite Author?

Post by Samathrasweet »

That is a bit of a hard one but I would have to say Jane Austen because I have a certain obsession with the book Pride and Prejudice. Her books are regency and they always have great meanings. I admit to being a sap for a bit of romance and her books have provided just enough.
Mehmood aly

Post by Mehmood aly »

My favourite author is Paulo coelho. He belongs to Brazil and his bestselling novel is The Alchemist , which has been read my almost billions of the people around the globe. I like him because he describes the realities of the nature. He defines love in his own words
Amyrich

Post by Amyrich »

I'd have to say J.D. Salinger. I'm supposed to have outgrown his work by now, but I keep going back to his Franny and Zooey when I'm down. Does that make sense to anyone else? Tons of other authors I enjoy immensely, across genres...but I keep going back to Salinger. This doesn't sit very comfortably with me, though, knowing the kind of person he was.
HailKingEbi
Currently Reading: The Notebook
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hailkingebi.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is not what you think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by HailKingEbi »

Chinua Achebe
Wole Soyinka
Nora Robert
Chimamanda Adichie
Stephen King
John Grisham
We're all puppets, Laurie. I'm just a puppet who can see the strings - Doctor Manhattan.
livn510

Post by livn510 »

Suzanne Collins, I love The Hunger Games series!
Jsovermyer
Favorite Book: Appaloosa Sky
Currently Reading: The Pocket Guide to Minimalism
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jsovermyer.html
Latest Review: Solomon’s Porch by Janet Morris Grimes

Post by Jsovermyer »

My favorite author is Nora Roberts. She writes strong characters that you wish you could really meet. I'm reading Shelter in Place right now. Outstanding.
Kirigwi254
Currently Reading: Black Sheep
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by Kirigwi254 »

ObsessedBookNerd wrote: 05 Sep 2018, 18:00 Patricia Briggs with the Mercy Thompson series is probably my favorite of all time in fantasy genre. It has Native American legends/fables/supernaturals but all the regular supernaturals (fairy,vampire,werewolves,shapeshifters) too.

C.C. Hunter books are great fantasy,has a good story flow, & has all different kinds of supernaturals/paranormals

P.C. & Kristen Cast with a different kind of vampire series.

Percy Jackson, Heroes of Olympus, & Magnus Chase Series by Rick Riordian is probably my second favorite. You can enjoy these books no matter gender or age. I love how he incorporated Greek, Roman, & Norse mythology into his series.

Skip Beat! by Yoshiki Nakamura is probably one of my favorite mangas to read, I love to read manga when I want something different but easy to read. I love the comedy and the story of the characters, it’s also nicely drawn.

Twilight by Stephanie Meyers.

Harry Potter by JK Rowling.

I could keep putting many of my favorites of both novels/manga but it would be very long. The above mentioned are my all time favorites.
You just gave a list of some of my go-to books. I am not a big fan of Manga since am not exactly a wiseman in the area but the few I have read were good.
I am also a fan of Tom Clancy, Stephen King, Nora Roberts, Sidney Sheldon, just to name a few. I read widely.
For self-help books I like books by Joel Osteen.
Lorixann
Currently Reading: McDowell
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lorixann.html
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Lorixann »

ObsessedBookNerd wrote: 05 Sep 2018, 18:00 Patricia Briggs with the Mercy Thompson series is probably my favorite of all time in fantasy genre. It has Native American legends/fables/supernaturals but all the regular supernaturals (fairy,vampire,werewolves,shapeshifters) too.

C.C. Hunter books are great fantasy,has a good story flow, & has all different kinds of supernaturals/paranormals

P.C. & Kristen Cast with a different kind of vampire series.

Percy Jackson, Heroes of Olympus, & Magnus Chase Series by Rick Riordian is probably my second favorite. You can enjoy these books no matter gender or age. I love how he incorporated Greek, Roman, & Norse mythology into his series.

Skip Beat! by Yoshiki Nakamura is probably one of my favorite mangas to read, I love to read manga when I want something different but easy to read. I love the comedy and the story of the characters, it’s also nicely drawn.

Twilight by Stephanie Meyers.

Harry Potter by JK Rowling.

I could keep putting many of my favorites of both novels/manga but it would be very long. The above mentioned are my all time favorites.
^ Most of my favorites too!

I also enjoy books from Stephen King, Nora Roberts, Sarah J Maas and George R. R. Martin as well =)
julanderson

Post by julanderson »

Orson Scott Card is my favorite author for his the Ender's Game series. It was the best series I have very read and will continue to reread it over and over again. I haven't found another series, or author that I have been so loyal to.
Magic_Beans
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pavithra92.html
Latest Review: Invisible Me by H M Irwing

Post by Magic_Beans »

I just can't name one author but my most favourite author is Sydney Sheldon. His books are very intresting to read.
serendipity 27
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 286
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-serendipity-27.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by serendipity 27 »

Currently my favorite author is a toss up between Lisa Kleypas and Sherrilyn Kenyon.
awardhaddan11
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-awardhaddan11.html
Latest Review: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's by Mark L. Wdowiak

Post by awardhaddan11 »

I really love Natasha Preston as an author. I like that she has her words flow well and in every day language. Her books are easy to get into and a fun mystery. I like that some of them have romance added to the mystery and she keeps you guessing what will happen next.
sara_353

Post by sara_353 »

My favorite author for now is Cassandra Clare because of her series; Immortal Instruments. The series get you in your feels and her writing makes it feel like you are watching a movie.
smythemilie
Currently Reading: The Operator
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smythemilie.html
Latest Review: Mirrored Worlds by Tayma Tameem

Post by smythemilie »

Jojo Moyes is my favorite author. I love the way she portrays romance and they way her stories fall together. She is a genius when it comes to making you fall in love with her stories and when I'm reading her books I feel as though I am right there beside the main character. I would read anything she comes out with because I am obsessed!
Zimall
Favorite Author: Atilla K. Zengin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zimall.html
Latest Review: The Sparrow by Denna M. Davis
fav_author_id: 156933

Post by Zimall »

I have a lot of favourite authors in different genre j.k rowling for superb fantasy writing . She draws her character with such a skill that you just love it..and my new favourite is lincoln cole.
"All That is Gold Does Not Glitter
Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost"

Return to “Discuss Authors”