Who's Your Favorite Author?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
peter Novler
Favorite Book: Heartaches
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peter-novler.html
Latest Review: Conflict on the Yangtze by Greg Kater

Re: Who's Your Favorite Author?

Post by peter Novler »

How I wish I could get in touch with these authors ! My two very favorite authors are ;
1.William H. Coles
2.Dan E. Hendrickson
The way they give their narration , you'd think the incidents prescribed in their writing are just happening right before your eyes !..Their books contain so much humor I can't help but smile , laugh and even try mimicking them . Their narration flows quite well. A lot and a lot I love about their work.
kelso9326
Favorite Book: Life Expectancy
Currently Reading: Grimm's Complete Fairy Tales
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelso9326.html
Latest Review: The Touch by Robert Flynn III

Post by kelso9326 »

I have two favorite authors. J.K. Rowling is my all-time favorite because Harry Potter is the series that got me into reading when I was younger. Rowling and her books will always have a special place in my heart.

My current favorite author is Dean Koontz. His stories are always extremely gripping and I find myself unable to put them down when I read them. I haven't found one yet I didn't enjoy.
lunablue_x3
Currently Reading: Phenomenology of Perception
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lunablue-x3.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by lunablue_x3 »

I have to say Woolf and Proust. That being said, I'm stuck in the midst of Remembrance of Things Past. I haven't been able to continue with Guermante's Way due to its antisemitism. How to get beyond it and keep reading I don't know.
Toriliz_0221
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Toriliz_0221 »

I have two favorite authors. My favorites are James Patterson and Stephen King. Misery by Stephen King was amazingly astonishing! James Patterson's novel Swimsuit kept me on the edge of my seat. I have read their novels over and over again.

My current favorite author is Neil White. His book The Sanctuary of the Outcasts was informational and very intriguing. I never knew anything about Lepers.
Shannon071218
Currently Reading: Coming Home to the Comfort Food Café
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Shannon071218 »

My favourite Author is Debbie Johnson. I love her book series of the Comfort Food Cafe, currently working my way through to books I haven’t read, but love the ones I’ve read so far. :techie-studyingbrown:
Julia1111
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Julia1111 »

Hard to say, Tolstoy, Borges, Marques shaped my youth, later Patricia Cornwell, Lynda la Planted, women of all shaped and forms. And many others.
Nutsybudsy
Currently Reading: If I Die Before I Wake
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nutsybudsy.html
Latest Review: Third Chances by Dan Petrosini

Post by Nutsybudsy »

I enjoy reading several authors who are my favourites .To start with Nicci French ,Matthew Reilly,Daniel Silva,James Rollins,Dan Brown and many more.
nfdoughe
Favorite Author: Frances Hodgson Burnett
Favorite Book: Till We Have Faces
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 142
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nfdoughe.html
Latest Review: Willow James and the Queen of U’i’s Crown by Jett Blackk
fav_author_id: 2591

Post by nfdoughe »

I've always found it difficult to pick only one author, so I usually go with the author of my favorite book, C. S. Lewis. I don't know if he's technically my favorite, but he has a number of good books. J. R. R. Tolkien is also up there. There's nothing like some good old classic fantasy.
Noni28
Currently Reading: Skyship Academy

Post by Noni28 »

My favorite author is James Patterson. His Alex Cross Series of books grip you from the beginning to end!!
Maria Esposito
Favorite Book: The Panhandler and the Professional
Currently Reading: Live from Death Row
Bookshelf Size: 438
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maria-esposito.html
Latest Review: WHY ARE THERE MONKEYS? (and other questions for God) by Brooke Jones
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Maria Esposito »

My favorite authors are J.D. Salinger, Haruki Murakami and Edward Said.
VeteransWife

Post by VeteransWife »

My Favorite Author would be Kristy Lee.
She has writen a few books, one being the Suicide Whisper collection. Kristy Lee is very indeapth with her writing and it is very easy to stay following along to the book, unlike other books, that some get lost or bored with!!
Amber22598
Currently Reading:

Post by Amber22598 »

Nora Roberts is my all time favorite author. She always captivates the readers with each new tale. It’s never repetitive or dull. I haven’t read a book of her’s that I wasn’t able to put back down once I started reading it. My hats off to amazing and talented woman!
jbishop678+

Post by jbishop678+ »

My favorite authors are Tom Clancy and W.E.B. Griffin. Griffins books are the best examples of life in the military I have ever read
Cruisemomma
Currently Reading: A Bridge Through Time: Book 1 of the Thistle & Hive Series
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cruisemomma.html
Latest Review: Plume of Fire by Marie Fostino

Post by Cruisemomma »

Gosh! I have read so many books since I could remember but Charlotte Bronte is one of my all-time favorite authors. I watch the movie versions when I am tabbed out on all the other hallmark stuff. They are timeless tales of love. To name others stemming from my early childhood would be Stephen R Donaldson, Jane Austen, Charles Dickens, and Piers Anthony.
Betty Mike

Post by Betty Mike »

Through John Grisham, I discovered a lot about law, how the judicial system works in America. I discovered that its actually the jury that decides a suspect's fate and not the judge (the judge merely declares the jury's verdict). I also found out that law isn't about being good or bad, innocent or guilty but rather based on facts that can be proven without doubt and a bunch load of other things.

Khaleed Housenni, an Afghanistan novelist portrays the wars and sufferings of Afghanistans especially their women. This kind of reminds me of the Biafran war in Nigeria, depicted by China Achebe and Chimamanda Adichie.

Rick Roirdan, Egyptian myths and Greek myths.

Marian Keyes and her sarcasm, humors and women literature.

These among many others are authors that excite me.

Return to “Discuss Authors”