Who's Your Favorite Author?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Patox
Currently Reading: Death Must Go On!
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Who's Your Favorite Author?

Post by Patox »

My favorite all-time author is George Orwell, The author of the famous book Animal farm and 1984. Orwell wrote fictional books which are so relevant to today's current issues
pre106-2
Favorite Book: Romeo and Juliet
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by pre106-2 »

my favorite author is Sidney Sheldon I love the suspense he always sets in his books, it sets my mind boiling. he create a big mental picture of the characters.
ltuttens
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by ltuttens »

My favourite author is Shari Lapena. I have read both her thriller books; The Couple Next Door and A Stranger In The Window. I can't wait to get her latest book and will be reading that shortly
I read each book in a day and had trouble putting the book down as she keeps the reader in suspense.
kimpaluch01
Currently Reading: Salt of the Earth
Bookshelf Size: 16

Post by kimpaluch01 »

Is it possible to choose? More than a few in just about every genre have caught my interest in at least one of their books.

There are too many to list here, and if I tried I would run the risk of missing more than a few names, I’m certain.

Here I’m reading new books and finding
New authors to enjoy. My list keeps getting longer.

I kept track down her previous computer at one time. But when my laptop died, the list died with it. I know. I forgot to backup my work on dropbox.

How do you choose your favorite authors?
Mindful
Currently Reading:

Post by Mindful »

I'd say Laura Ingalls Wilder n all the Little House Series..best ever..pioneer life n olden days!
Mrubas

Post by Mrubas »

Ernst Hemiway is my favorite the ways writes is with emotion. His writing go along with what we feel today. It’s like you are in the poem with him
Sharill Rasowo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharill-rasowo.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Sharill Rasowo »

My favorite author is Nalini Singh. I have read every single book she has written but I especially like the Psy- Chaneling series.
I also love the Harry Potter series, Jane Austen and Jeffrey Archer.
lindsey_flagg
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lindsey-flagg.html
Latest Review: Four Funny Potatoes! by Len Foley

Post by lindsey_flagg »

My favorite author is still Louisa May Alcott. I studied her work and life in-depth back in high school and found her biography to be as interesting as her rich stories and characters. I also love a good Mary Higgins Clark mystery, though I think she misses the mark with some of her novels.
adebayo ayomide
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by adebayo ayomide »

Richard Dooling.
Jilheins
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jilheins.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by Jilheins »

Georgette Heyer is one of my favorite authors. If you like historical romance, one of her books is free on Kindle. I share Willow's passion for Ken Follett. He captures historical ambiance so well that it's hard to put his books down.

I'm also crazy about Jane Austen and Andrew Klavan.
blharris011960

Post by blharris011960 »

new here. so bear with me. I always loved supernatural stuff so Stephen King, of course. But I've also liked the spy-type novels as well. Vince Flynn and his Mitch Rapp series got me so hooked on his books because they were always exciting and edgy. Also, Justin Cronin's The Passage trilogy was outstanding. Problably more but like I said I'm new
Pluralconstant
Currently Reading:

Post by Pluralconstant »

My all-time favorite author for the past, oh, 13 years or so has been John Steinbeck. East of Eden remains as my top book after all this time.
I also have ready practically everything by F. Scott Fitzgerald and Kurt Vonnegut.
The more I've read Vonnegut, the more he has quickly become tied as all time favorite author.
As for more modern writers, I adore everything Leigh Bardugo has come out with so far, and I love the chaotic style of Chuck Palahniuk (whose last name I can never seem to pronounce the same way twice).
Facennagoss
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-facennagoss.html
Latest Review: Will of The Hill by Marshall Cobb

Post by Facennagoss »

I’m with everyone else on here - I can’t narrow it down to one! I love Ian McEwan, I think Saturday is brilliant but I also love Charlotte Bronte with the classic, Jane Eyre. Kate Morton is a favourite for Sunday afternoons in the garden and Winston Graham is my go to lunch break author!
sanykip
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanykip.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by sanykip »

Ruth Park is my favorite author, because she does her work fantastically
CG1103
Currently Reading: The Clouds Still Hang
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cg1103.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by CG1103 »

There are far too many authors that I enjoy but I'd say Beth Hoffman (author of Saving CeeCee Honeycutt) is one of my top favorites. She currently has two novels out and is working on her third. Her stories pull me in. She writes with just enough description; not too little and not too much that I feel the story isn't going anywhere. The characters in both of her novels are wonderful. Her overall storytelling is fantastic. (Not only did I read both of books, I also listened to the audiobooks and the audiobooks made the stories even better).

Return to “Discuss Authors”