Who's Your Favorite Author?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Dadine
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Who's Your Favorite Author?

Post by Dadine »

I really like the books written by Dave Pelzer.
I like stories or novels that happened in real life. I can feel the different emotions, pain, misfortune and others that are described by the author.
Also, his books are very inspiring. Especially when you wanted novels about family and a life of a child.
sarahowell121

Post by sarahowell121 »

My favorite author is most definitely Edgar Allan Poe. I’ve always connected with him, whether it was his poetry or stories. Something about his style captivated me from the beginning.
Frimps Eb

Post by Frimps Eb »

I don't see Mary Higgins Clark. She has a unique style in telling her story. It hits your soul really. There is Daniel Steel, my oh my, I can't begin to write about her. Her books are intriguing, smart and brain racking. Nora Roberts, Jane Austen and John Grisham. Perfectly beautiful writers with outstanding writing skills.
Lia81
Favorite Book: Four Funny Potatoes!
Currently Reading: Mining for Alaskan Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 46

Post by Lia81 »

i have many favourites authors in different genres of books.Please find below some of them

Haruki Murakami
Tom Robbins
Arthur Golden
Colin Dexter
Stephen King
Jane Austin

To be honest , my number one is Haruki Muraki i adore his writing ,his stories are masterpiece of a sad, amusing, mystery stories that have the element of surrealism but in dreamy way .
Jasmin2722

Post by Jasmin2722 »

My favourite author is agatha Christie .I love the way in which she maintains suspense till end and keeps the interest going
cassandra l
Currently Reading: A Woman's Prerogative
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by cassandra l »

My favorite author is definitely Jonathan Safran Foer. He's so intelligent and it shows in his writing. I love every book he has written and I even was able to meet him. He's an amazing person, and although his writing can be heavy, it contains a lot of wisdom and is worth the read.
Christenjoy101

Post by Christenjoy101 »

I love romance and coming-of-age novels. My favorite authors by far would be John Green, Sarah Dessen, and Jenny Han. These authors write realisically. In fact, I can relate to many of the details that they include in their books.
flaming_quills
Currently Reading: Americanah
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flaming-quills.html
Latest Review: Advent Of Silver by Atilla K. Zengin

Post by flaming_quills »

I don't have one favourite author but I do have a top ten list. I enjoy works from:

Haruki Murakami
Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
J.K Rowling
Leigh Bardugo
Jennifer Niven
John Grisham
Christopher Paolini
Suzanne Collins
Kiragu Kimuyu
Cynthia Leitich Smith
Chinua Achebe

So those are more than 10 but trust me, I have way more and I limited myself as much as I could.
_M2003MA

Post by _M2003MA »

To tell you the truth, my favourite author is George Martin, the creator of Game of thrones universe and writer of the book series A Song of Ice and Fire. He is has a great message in every passage of his books and his masterpieces of literature affect my mind deeply, i can't simply pit away the book until i finish it
Shirayuki Hime
Favorite Book: Tiger's Curse
Currently Reading: Endless Water, Starless Sky
Bookshelf Size: 36

Post by Shirayuki Hime »

My favorite author is Colleen Houck. Kne of her work is the Tiger's Saga, it's a epic romance adventure.
vantaianphatran

Post by vantaianphatran »

My favorite author is Henry David Thereau. I love "Where i lived, and what i lived for"
VAwkOb12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by VAwkOb12 »

Since preference changes here's a list;
Christine feehan (The carpathian series leopard series and ghost Walker and shadow series)
Kresley cole( immortal after the dark series)
Gena showalter (The underworld and atlantis series)
John grisham
James hardley chase
J r r ward
Paul caelho
Chinua achebe
Wriley
Favorite Book: Executive Hoodlum
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wriley.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Wriley »

In my favorite genre, mystery, it would be Toby Neal and Tonya Kappes. Kappes writes mostly b cozy mysteries but publishes a new book often. Toby Neal writes suspenseful mysteries set in Hawaii
magnoparisi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-magnoparisi.html
Latest Review: The Warramunga's Aftermath of War by Greg Kater

Post by magnoparisi »

Fyodor Dostoevsky. Mainly because of his keen grasp of psychology and human nature. It's amazing how he was able to write many masterpieces. This was not easy particularly when he had to write for a living. Imagine what he could have done if he was born rich.
Seanne_Anikin15
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Seanne_Anikin15 »

Gosh.... i have many favorites... but I know favorite means you only have to choose, but there's many to choose from!!! But I love John Green, all of his quirky attitudes and sappy novels. I would love to have a drink with him and maybe ask an advice on how to make your charcaters prone to love or how do you make it happen. Another one is Tahereh Mafi, I love her shatter me series currently reading her 4th installment of her series. And how can you not love her? She's awesome and makes dystopian novels and atvthe same time has romance in it. It gave me chills. And add some comedy into.

Return to “Discuss Authors”