Who's Your Favorite Author?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Nelle10
Currently Reading: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks
Bookshelf Size: 34

Re: Who's Your Favorite Author?

Post by Nelle10 »

Mitch Albom’s books are always amazing. In my teens, I always enjoyed P.C. Cast because I love reading fictional mythology.
Iamsofia
Currently Reading: Achieve Your Dreams
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iamsofia.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by Iamsofia »

I have many favorites and it will be hard to choose.
My overall fav is Sabaa Tahir
I also love J. K. Rowling, Stephanie Meyer, Stephen kings, Stephanie Perkins.
daisy91
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by daisy91 »

I really like Agatha Christie and I've read a lot of her books that I could find here
LottieLovesBooks
Currently Reading: The Chronicles Of Kerrigan
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by LottieLovesBooks »

Currently, Cassandra Clare and Katie Elliot.
Graceia
Currently Reading: Do a Little Wrong
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-graceia.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by Graceia »

I have read two books to completion so far, Rob White's 'And then I Met Margaret' and Rob Wyatt's 'Can I be Frank?'. I am not sure which of the two I would call favorite. They have very different writing styles and are so captivating at the same time.

Inspiration works for me through Rob White's book. I got to learn quite a bit that I will use in my mentoring work. On the other hand, Rob Wyatt's book is hilarious yet with a whole lot to learn from at the same time. Wyatt has helped me unlearn some of the things I hold onto and be challenged to trust God in all I do. He brings out the fact that whatever happens, the outcome is a part of God's plan.
nsrwashington

Post by nsrwashington »

I'm a big fan of HP Lovecraft.
JodyVamp
Currently Reading: Undone
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jodyvamp.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by JodyVamp »

James Rollins for thriller and to accidentally learn something
Christopher Moore for hilarious dark fantasy
Janet Evanovich for sheer comedy with an erotic undercurrent
Leslie Langtry for a twisted, always cracks me up assassin series
Nena_Morena
Favorite Book: The Notebook
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nena-morena.html
Latest Review: Getting Used to Success by H.J. Shalev

Post by Nena_Morena »

My favorite author is Nicholas Sparks but I just finished to read Two By Two and I was very disappointed :(
Irishgypsy91
Currently Reading:
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Irishgypsy91 »

My favorite author is Anne Rice. Why? Because when she writes she goes into such detail that I can see the book playing out in my head. The way she writes is beautiful in its own mysterious beautiful way. I absolutely love her
MoragSagefire
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by MoragSagefire »

I have read so many books by so many amazing authors, it’s hard to pick. But I can say that Dean Koontz is an amazing writer. Unlike other writers, it doesn’t take almost a whole chapter to describe a room, the book takes off from the first page and doesn’t stop till the end, and there are some situations that any person can actually find themselves in. From Mr. Murder to Odd Thomas, all great books! JK Rowling is another terrific writer. Her imagination is truly amazing. She creates an entire world, down to the smallest detail! Right now I am rereading “Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil” by John Berendt. He introduces you to these characters that seem to leap off the pages. What a great author.
Zilelabelle
Currently Reading: Dragonfriend
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zilelabelle.html
Latest Review: Superhighway 2 by Alex Fayman

Post by Zilelabelle »

Ooo... my tastes are constantly shifting so it’s impossible to chose only one, but I can give you my current top five!

Robert Heinlein - The king of the thought experiment (in my opinion) has no quit in him. If he churned out a terrible book, he just eviscerated it, tore out the bits that don’t work and stuffed them into a new book. I admire his tenacity.

Mercedes Lackey - Because she’s been shepherding kids through the suckiness of childhood for generations.

Patricia Briggs - I love her characters and her worlds. I want to jump in and wallow around in them.

Karen Chance - She grabs ahold of me by the ears and doesn’t put me down until the book is over. If I’m having a terrible day, she’s my go-to author.

JK Rowling - I know, it’s cliche at this point, but I love her work and what she does as a person. She really tries to make a difference. Maybe it doesn’t always work, but who among us is perfect? My point is, she keeps trying.
Proudmom11292013
Favorite Author: Van Fleisher
Currently Reading:
fav_author_id: 96689

Post by Proudmom11292013 »

My favorite author is E.L. James I read all of the fifty shades of grey I haven’t read the newest one witch is fifty shades of grey told as told by Christian and fifty shades darker as told by Christian
Then I love richelle mead I read all the vampire academy all 6 books I also read bloodlines only the first book I still want to read the other books but once I read a book I somehow find myself reading more than one book. The author I’m currently reading is rachel caine. I also read some of meredith wild books also ellen schreiber there is some other authors but I don’t know who I would have to look on my tablet but currently it’s rachel caine. Where I’m staying at there is 9 kids total so it’s hard for me to read everyday unless it’s at night when there sleeping but by the time they go to bed I’m tired and worn out.
VictoriaMcMillen
Currently Reading: When Angels Play Poker
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoriamcmillen.html
Latest Review: The Making Of A Soldier by Adriene Odom

Post by VictoriaMcMillen »

I must say that J.K. Rowling is my favorite author. She deserves the credit; if not for her novels I would have possibly given up on reading for enjoyment in my teens. Reading the extensive Harry Potter series gave me the literary endurance and efficacy needed for the reading I had coming in college. Gratitude, for I would not know what I would do without a good book to escape to!
mari1121

Post by mari1121 »

My favorite author is Debbie Macomber with all her stories from cedar cove cause that was also a tv show on the Hallmark channel, and SHERRYL WOODS she also had a tv show on the HALLMARK channel Chesapeake Shores both of them have the same storyline about life, love and family.
mari1121

Post by mari1121 »

Another author that I like is Danielle Stelle she is passionate about her stories it has a passion no matter where her stories take place at it has love, romance, intrigue, the passion you can read her novels, some of her novels are of finding romance or starting over again with a career, you feel like you are in her novels when you read it.

Return to “Discuss Authors”