Who's Your Favorite Author?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
SJSharks
Currently Reading: Unshaken
Bookshelf Size: 18

Re: Who's Your Favorite Author?

Post by SJSharks »

Diana Gabaldon because her characters come to life, her writing is well researched and her books are thoroughly enjoyable.

Vince Flynn/ Kyle Mills because I love the Mitch Rapp series. We need more Mitch Rapps in this world.

J.K. Rowling for her imagination.
SLD
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by SLD »

I love John Grisham and Frank Peretti books.
Kansas17
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Kansas17 »

My favorite author begins and ends with John Steinbeck. His writing really intrigues me and the characters, oh the characters. East of Eden has to be my favorite of all his writings.
Breeze1505

Post by Breeze1505 »

There are so many excellent authors, it’s difficult to keep it to a few but I’ll try. For poetry, Pablo Neruda. I love Horacio Quiroga and Juan José Arreola for their short stories. All three I have read in Spanish. Sandra Cisneros made a big impression on me. I was able to go to a reading of House on Mango Street when I was in high school.

Ayn Rand, Stephen King, and J.K. Rawlings, S.E. Hinton and I can’t forget Mo Willems and Dav Pilkey.
Banjo4496

Post by Banjo4496 »

My favorite authors are James Patterson, Mary Higgins Clark and Patricia Cornwell
ojessee

Post by ojessee »

I could never pick just one favorite author. I tend to gravitate towards fiction, fantasy, and science-fiction, but that's still a very wide range of authors. The first author that really effected me personally was Stephen King. Being a newbie to King, I obviously read IT first. I sped through the novel and went straight to his collection of four novellas. My favorite book by him is 11/22/63 which combines my love for history, time travel, and the thrills of King's writing. The ending is totally King with it's immediate drop from the falling action; it leaves with that "are you kidding me?" vibe.
theozzy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by theozzy »

my favorite author so far is sarah ladipo manyika, she have taughted me many things from this one of her novels independence, where she said many things about love.
bobigator

Post by bobigator »

Walker Percy
fengaraki77
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fengaraki77.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by fengaraki77 »

The truth is that i started reading for real just 4 years ago. So i haven't read many books by the same author really. My favorite authors at this point are Stephen King, Ian Rankin, Jo Nesbo, Diana Gabaldon and Jorge Bucai.
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
Bunnygirl
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bunnygirl.html
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Bunnygirl »

Who is my favorite author?

There are so many fantastically amazing authors out there. Naming just one is so difficult. I think Steven King is an amazing author hands down on so many levels.
Yet in total I have read just about every book that Beverly Lewis has put out. Such a massive contrast can not be helped. Especially when mood can determine for many what book they chose to read.
I also love no matter my mood a great author by the name of Rhonda Dennis. She has an amazing series that once you start it you just can't stop. So for picking one author, I dought many readers can pick just one.
TheRedQueen22
Favorite Book: Fight or Flight
Currently Reading: Breaking Hollywood
Bookshelf Size: 176
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theredqueen22.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by TheRedQueen22 »

My favourite authors come from different genres (mostly)

Historical Romance - Judith McNaught
Highlander Romance - Maya Banks
New Adult - Samantha Young & Samantha Towle
Young Adult - Jennifer L. Armentrout
Paranormal Romance - Kresley Cole & Suzanne Wright
Nhorhata
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61

Post by Nhorhata »

My fav author is the late martha cecelia..i have read every single book she created.
Asen Stoyanchev
Favorite Book: Demon Freaks
Currently Reading: Sigrfried's Smelly Socks
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asen-stoyanchev.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Asen Stoyanchev »

Wow, I have so many authors that I want to hug because they literally immersed me in their worlds.
I will mention just a small portion here and now:

- Carloz Ruiz Zafon - his quadrilogy 'The Cemetery of Forgotten Books' is a groundbreaking achievement in the fiction writing.Period.
- Irwin Shaw - his book 'Young Lions' gave me goosebumps.
- Chris Carter - the Robert Hunter series are so thrilling that I remember my colleagues at work asking me if I am OK when I arrive at work in the mornings after an exhaustive Robert Hunter marathon.
- Jo Nesbo - he is the master of the complicated plots that don't contain any holes. What an inventive mind!
- James Rollins - he is one of the modern masters of the adventure genre, even though often the narrative is too naive. But still, sooo absorbing.
- Agatha Christie - well, everybody loves Hercule Poirot, right? :)
- Dan Simmons - 'Terror' terrorizes the mind in an unforgettable way and the sci-fi genre wouldn't be the same without 'Hyperion' .

I can continue until the end of the world, but I got a writer's cramp, so I gotta stop. Sorry :)
Asen Stoyanchev
Favorite Book: Demon Freaks
Currently Reading: Sigrfried's Smelly Socks
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asen-stoyanchev.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Asen Stoyanchev »

Banjo4496 wrote: 21 Feb 2018, 02:16 My favorite authors are James Patterson, Mary Higgins Clark and Patricia Cornwell
James Patterson is on my 'to read list'. I read only good stuff about his thriller-suspense creations. Patricia Cornwell is one of my favorite authors too. :techie-reference:
Jeyasivananth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 191
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeyasivananth.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by Jeyasivananth »

My favorite authors are Margaret Atwood, Doris Lessing, Thomas Hardy and Emily Bronte .

Return to “Discuss Authors”