Who's Your Favorite Author?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Kansas City Teacher
Review Team Admin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kansas-city-teacher.html
Latest Review: Project: 211 by Sammy Maida

Re: Who's Your Favorite Author?

Post by Kansas City Teacher »

My favorite author is Max Lucado. He is a Christian author who has a way with words and a writing style like no other. Not only is he talented in this way, I emailed him once to ask him for some words of wisdom for someone who had lost a child (had no idea what to say). He ended up FedExing them his latest book, signed.
siusantos
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 182
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-siusantos.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer
Reading Device: B01FJT7N4W

Post by siusantos »

My all-time favorite author is Sidney Sheldon (bless his soul). I love his style of storytelling, he would in-depth with the main characters that it feels like you know them after you've read the book. And I like how he would always surprise you in the end with the twists in the plot.
So even though he would no longer make new novels, I would never tire of his books.
onlinenidhi
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by onlinenidhi »

I love the books of Khaled Husseini. The way he expresses the emotions, importance of relations along with the political and social conditions of Afganistan, you just feel the story as your own.He takes you along in the journey as the pages changes by.I would love to read more of his books.
Etiquette1
Currently Reading: Knight of the Black Rose (Ravenloft Books)
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-etiquette1.html
Latest Review: Ironbark Hill by Jennie Linnane
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by Etiquette1 »

I started reading at a young age and discovered just how many books were available to me. I was shocked and I found my way to books of all kinds. As a teenager I discovered Stephen King and the absolute shock and horror he can create is absolutely unreal. The Gunslinger series is excellent and Misery is one of my favorites. He just has a knack for making things so real that they become a part of you. I love that about his books. Dean Koontz is also an excellent writer. His Frankenstein series is a must read. I love the heart and care he puts into his characters. He is amazing at pitting good against evil in crazy, otherworldly ways.
Maralynx
Currently Reading: Castle in the Air
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maralynx.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Maralynx »

God, I really can't decide which author is my favourite, as I love reading and many author come to my mind when this kind of topic is mentioned. One of the writers I really respect and whose works I enjoy no matter the genre is Emile Zola. My favourite book of his is Nana, a story of a dying prostitute.
'A Hunter and a Doe,
A path with a secret covered,
Like ice, like ember,
They'll never be a pair.'- A Hunter and a Doe by Plavi Orkestar
Timinger47
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Timinger47 »

My favorite Author is... Krystal Shannon. I love all her books. They have you sitting on the edge of you seat. I most favorite book by her is... My Viking Vampire... It is and awesome book with great details and a very good story line. She is so great at what she writes. I thank her for all she does for us readers.
Rolyzzz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Rolyzzz »

My favorite author is actually tied between James Patterson David Baldacchi. Every time I read their books I get pulled in and can't put it down. I love trying to deduce who the killer or killers are and what their motives are.
Edouard nzambimana

Post by Edouard nzambimana »

Benjamin franklin. His ideas are more conving. Look for example THE WAY TO WORTH. How do you see the book?
Mrunal Tikekar
Currently Reading: Heartquake
Bookshelf Size: 289
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrunal-tikekar.html
Latest Review: Out of the Uniform, Back into Civilian Life: No Nonsense Veterans Benefits Guid by Jason Pike

Post by Mrunal Tikekar »

It is so hard to name just one. If I order authors by the age I began reading and appreciating them, it would be Enid Blyton, Sidney Sheldon, Jeffery Archer, Arthur Halley. Most recently I have loved reading Arundhati Roy and Kiran Desai. If I am reading marathi, then definitely Vishwas Patil.
Sam967

Post by Sam967 »

Stephen King
Jane Austen
Herman Melville
Nym182
Currently Reading: Harley Quinn
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nym182.html
Latest Review: Homecoming: The Unari Experiment Book 1 by Brian L. Harad

Post by Nym182 »

I am a big fan of Stephen King, Hunter S. Thompson, George R.R. Martin and John Irving! They all have very unique writing styles and I always look forward to reading one of their books!
pjjones6969
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pjjones6969.html
Latest Review: Looking Glass Friends by E L Neve

Post by pjjones6969 »

My favorite author of all is Dean R. Koontz, for his amazing literary grace in a horror/mystery genre. I have not really been able to find another author that writes so well, and yet still writes in the horror genre.... maybe Poe. Anyway, he is my favorite, alongside James Patterson, Stephen King, Janet Evanovich and Peter Straub.
Supersmilec

Post by Supersmilec »

Wendy mass
GC50
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gc50.html
Latest Review: Perfect Fairways... Hidden Lies by Robert Marier

Post by GC50 »

Wow, this is a hard question! There are so many authors that I like, but I think my favorite is Oscar Wilde, I strongly recommend reading The Portrait of Dorian Gray.
Areej Tahir
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-areej-tahir.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty

Post by Areej Tahir »

Such a difficult question!
I think I will go for Mitch Albom. His style is so simple, his stories are so strong and everytime he leaves me in tears.

Return to “Discuss Authors”