Who's Your Favorite Author?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
ljfricker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ljfricker.html
Latest Review: Four Funny Potatoes! by Len Foley

Re: Who's Your Favorite Author?

Post by ljfricker »

There are so many amazing authors out there, but my favourite has got to be the late, great Sir Terry Pratchett. Most particularly, I love the Discworld series. Pratchett's work is full of satire, parody and complexity. His characters feel like old friends who I keep coming back to time and time again. It is the also only series of books that has got me so hooked that I have purchased many a franchise item including numerous board games. My husband is not a big reading and prefers true crime when he does read, but through playing the board games with me has become interested in the Discworld and has started borrowing my collection of novels. Success! :-)
Tahnyce
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Tahnyce »

There was a book series by this author named Maggie Stiefvater. Her book series is mainly for young adults (teenagers) but I would recommend reading!
moj8668
Currently Reading: Fawkes
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moj8668.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis

Post by moj8668 »

Ted Dekker is amazing! If you enjoyed his work, have you read Donita K. Paul or Frank Peretti's work?
[/quote]

I have not heard of Donita K. Paul. But I actually "discovered" Dekker's work because of a book he co-wrote with Peretti titled "House". I've read all of Peretti's novels!
Issa2507
Currently Reading: Bear Company (Dark Corps) (Volume 1)
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Issa2507 »

Well, there are a lot of awsome authors, Very populars ones like Stephen King, Isabel Allende, but for the moment I´m in love with to authors, Quil Carter and Jex Lane, they are very intense and they make me fall in love with the genre (m/m) hope you get curious and give them a try
Readerrid
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Readerrid »

John Green all the way :) The Fault in our stars is one priceless book ♡
Melissa VanCleave Plant
Currently Reading: Looking Glass Friends
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melissa-vancleave-plant.html
Latest Review: Heroes of Atlantis by Ryan Carriere
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Melissa VanCleave Plant »

My absolute favorite is James Patterson. I am so impressed with his range and his abundance of publications. He writes several books a year even prior to enlisting secondary authors. He has written books for children, young adults and adults. All of which I have enjoyed thoroughly.
spencermack
Favorite Book: A Loaf Of Bread
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spencermack.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by spencermack »

Matt Haig.

His twitter is full of political opinions, witty banter, and shockingly unintelligent accounts screaming at him through their keyboards, making brilliant entertainment.

Beyond his twitter account, Haig has produced brilliant accounts of the human essence. From The Humans (my favorite) to his recent release, Notes of a Nervous Planet Haig paints the human experience through fantastical characters and prose that flows like a calm stream.

If you want a connection to human life with humor and emotion, pick up a Matt Haig book. He's brilliant.
Tamorie Hargro
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Billy Summers
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tamorie-hargro.html
Latest Review: Teardrops by Helen Burger
Reading Device: B083JVJQH4

Post by Tamorie Hargro »

I'm not sure I have an absolute favorite author, but there are a few that I just keep coming back to, and I always expect amazing novels! Though recently when asked this question, I normally think Rainbow Rowell most quickly. I bought her novel Eleanor and Park back in high school and I've never been able to forget it! She also wrote Carry On, another of my favorites :)
J.K. Rowling - Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban wrote:Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light. 🔥
nativePlnt5+
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by nativePlnt5+ »

My favorite author is Jan Karon. She writes about different characters and quotes them in their very own words. When you hear their names you remember who they are because you feel like you know them personally. Her series of books relate to each other. I have read her series twice. I recently found a new book she had written and I was so happy because I thought she had stopped writing the series. There is very little cussing and no torrid love scenes just people living their lives and caring about each other.
Epiper35
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Epiper35 »

For me, deciding on a favorite authors is hard. I have a tenancy to choose authors and books based on my emotions, so my choices are all over the place.
Charley13

Post by Charley13 »

Baldachi
Paula45+

Post by Paula45+ »

Dean Koontz. Absolutely.
Evince
Currently Reading: House of Eire
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evince.html
Latest Review: The Buried Secrets of Peonies by Mernegar Dorgoly

Post by Evince »

Kahlil Gibran author of The Prophet
rinelle

Post by rinelle »

My favorite author is John Green. I’ve read all of his books and I love them so much!
jahagen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jahagen.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by jahagen »

My favorite author is definitely Leigh Bardugo. Her most recent works are diverse, her characters are marvelous, and her stories don't follow all of the normal things you can expect for fantasy books.

Return to “Discuss Authors”