Who's Your Favorite Author?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
tnteeple
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Re: Who's Your Favorite Author?

Post by tnteeple »

I'm new here and learning how to navigate this site. I love to read! I do not have a favorite author... I have binges of reading everything I can find at my local library and free online. I have escaped into books from an early age. I think all of us on here have read literally hundreds of books. I wish I had unlimited time to read and reply to the posts that piqued my interest. Here are a list of authors I have read and enjoyed...

Laurell K. Hamilton
Jodi Picoult
C.J. Cherryh
Stephen King
Dean Koontz
Dr. Seuss
Shel Silvertein
E.L. James
Margaret Atwood
Anne Rice

This is just 10 from the top of my head :D and I enjoyed them all for different reasons.
ifeoluwaolawole
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by ifeoluwaolawole »

Ted Dekker is hands down my favorite author of all time, me being someone who had always hated reading novels had an instant change of heart after reading Renegade and House. The paranormal plots, the suspense, I just couldn't get enough of those two then I checked out Sinner, which is also a great piece and shows how amazing and creative. I only have words of praises for him. I've since gone on to read Sanctuary, Skin, Outlaw, Forbidden and Mortal. He released a new book this year, The 49th Mystic, I sure will check it out as soon as I get the chance to.
Flames_
Favorite Book: Ice Planet Barbarians 1
Currently Reading: Trip to Adele
Bookshelf Size: 16

Post by Flames_ »

my favourite author of all time is Nora Roberts, followed closely by Bella Forrest and Ruby Dixon :tiphat:
Estherikuesan595
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Estherikuesan595 »

I love Ted Dekker too.I also love me some Lori Wick , Dee Hendersen ,Tamara Alexander, Melanie Dickerson,Karen Kingsbury.
20colnev
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by 20colnev »

I have many favorite authors that are very hard to choose from. One of my most favorite authors, though is Natasha Preston. She is the author of the "Silence" series and many other books. The series I just mentioned are very good books to read if you are interested in Realistic Fiction or like romance.
PlanetHauth
Currently Reading: Celebrity
Bookshelf Size: 766
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-planethauth.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by PlanetHauth »

J.R.R. Tolkien
Brandon Sanderson
Robert Jordan
J.K. Rowling
Russell Kirkpatrick
Madeleine L'Engle
Henry David Thoreau
Ralph Waldo Emerson
William Shakespeare

I'm sorry, but I can't be limited to just one authors :lol: Each of them has their own merits, and I like each for different reasons.
“Don’t adventures ever have an end? I suppose not. Someone else always has to carry on the story.”
-Bilbo Baggins
chupke07
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chupke07.html
Latest Review: Metaphase by Mitchel Street

Post by chupke07 »

Scott wrote: 01 Nov 2006, 18:39 Who's your favorite author? Why?

My favorite author is Henry David Thereau. I love Civil Disobedience. My favorite quotes are as follows:
I heartily accept the motto, "That government is best which governs least"; and I should like to see it acted up to more rapidly and systematically. Carried out, it finally amounts to this, which also I believe--"That government is best which governs not at all"; and when men are prepared for it, that will be the kind of government which the will have.
Under a government which imprisons unjustly, the true place for a just man is also a prison.
By far my favorite author is Chuck Palanhuik. I started with Fight Club and just connected to so many things. His writing is gritty and truthful, yet so unbelievable.
Sm-12
Favorite Book: The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A f*ck
Currently Reading: Dark Places
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Sm-12 »

My favorite author is Margaret Mitchelle for her undoubted masterpiece Gone with the wind.A classic tale of an era you live through larger than life characters.A negative protaganist with fallacies makes the character of scarlet ohara a favorite.
What I loved the most about the book was the depiction of war and its aftermath.
Civil war is best described in this book
rave_2
Currently Reading: A Word so Fitly Spoken
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rave-2.html
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg

Post by rave_2 »

I like some of the classic authors. Erin Hunter has some okay books, but she's not the best author. However, she was one of my favorite authors when I was younger.
Just reading... :techie-studyingbrown: :techie-studyinggray:
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg
its bri
Currently Reading: Fifteen Greek Plays
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-its-bri.html
Latest Review: Delightful Hands by Andrew Pace

Post by its bri »

I love Stephen King, Harper Lee and Lauren Oliver.
If you haven't heard of Lauren Oliver I highly recommend Replica.
Dael Reader
Currently Reading: The Story of Arthur Truluv
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dael-reader.html
Latest Review: Extraordinary Stories From Everyday People (and me) by Les Clark
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Dael Reader »

I often have different favorites at different times. However, the ones that have stood the test of my lifetime are Anne Tyler, John Irving, John Steinbeck, and Stephen King.
gkgurley
Favorite Book: The Two Towers
Currently Reading: A Darker Shade of Magic
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gkgurley.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by gkgurley »

I love everything Tolkien. More recently, I make sure to pick up every book Kate Morton comes out with. She's fantastic and blends so many genres together, I love all of her books. My favorite is The Forgotten Garden.
Bukari
Currently Reading: Everything Solid Has a Shadow
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bukari.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Bukari »

So far so good, my favorite author is William H. Coles because of his nice written books that are in the genre of other fiction.
"Ever Tried. Ever Failed. No Matter. Try Again. Fail Again. Fail Better." - Samuel Beckett.
Kirbylini
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirbylini.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by Kirbylini »

This is such a tough question. Patrick Rothfuss is my favorite writer because I love how well he paints the scene and the character development and interaction is amazing. But he only has a few books, so I can never decide if I should say Brandon Sanderson instead. I love everything I've read from Sanderson and he has so many books that that is quite the accomplishment.
Nmesoma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nmesoma.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Nmesoma »

My favorite is easily Jenny Nimmo, she made me fall in love with her characters. No other author have achieved that for me.

Return to “Discuss Authors”