Who's Your Favorite Author?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
JennyorAlice
Currently Reading: Tales of the Cafe
Bookshelf Size: 151

Re: Who's Your Favorite Author?

Post by JennyorAlice »

My top five favorite (in no particular order) are.....

Wayne Hancock
J. K. Rowling
Joe Hill
Stephen King
C. S. Lewis

I'm sure there are others I probably like, I just can't think of their names right now.
Angela_2593
Currently Reading: The Way of Kings (The Stormlight Archive, #1)
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angela-2593.html
Latest Review: The Toki-Girl and the Sparrow-Boy Book 1 by Claire Youmans

Post by Angela_2593 »

Brandon Sanderson is my total favorite. He writes fantasy and the worlds he is able to create are breathtaking. They're incredibly well built as well as his amazing and unique characters. I have yet to read a book from him that I don't adore. The way your imagination flies when you are reading them is the best thing ever, it's so easy to get sucked in by the worlds he creates and the moment you stop reading it feels as if this world without magic and powers is actually the dream. He has created a gigantic universe throughout his many sagas and stand alones, all of them connected but with their own magical world. His big books may seem intimidating for some but I promise it is totally worth it.
Jennashby_87
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennashby-87.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: B07CZMMQPM

Post by Jennashby_87 »

Okay, so I have recently inherited my grandmas entire library so I have developed a love of Nora Roberts and Danielle Steele. I would consider these to be guilty pleasures! Haha I am also a huge Stephen King fan, but really who isn’t? I’m also a huge fan of all the classics as well. Other than that I suppose I am more about genre than I am about author. Also I am definitely always open to suggestions of anyone has any!
Rwill0988
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 499
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rwill0988.html
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg

Post by Rwill0988 »

My favourite author is Anne Rice. I've read all of the Vampire Chronicles and Mayfair Witch series. I started reading her books when I was a teenager and have enjoyed following the stories of her characters. I think that's why I love her writing. The detail and care she puts into creating a character. Each book brings new characters and different perspectives, while also being true to the stories and characters that have come before.
“Give me a man or woman who has read a thousand books and you give me an interesting companion. Give me a man or woman who has read perhaps three and you give me a very dangerous enemy indeed.” ~ The Witching Hour by Anne Rice
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg
Nichole Kurns
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Still Life
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nichole-kurns.html
Latest Review: Intricate Mandalas with Inspirational Quotes: by Big Initial Studios

Post by Nichole Kurns »

I have many favorite authors but the top one is Toni Morrison. I fell in love with her writing style after reading “ The Bluest Eyes”.
Nightingale494
Currently Reading: The Helion Depths
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nightingale494.html
Latest Review: Canaries Among Us by Kayla Taylor

Post by Nightingale494 »

My favorite author for the past two years has been Shayne Silvers. He writes The Templeverse series about a snarky wizard named Nate Temple. He also writes the Feathers and Fire series about a woman named Callie Penrose who fights and kills evil creatures. His third series that he co-writes with Cameron O'Connell is the Phantom Queen, about a woman named Quinn who is a black arms dealer of magical items. He recently brought out book one of a new series, but I can't recall the name of it right now. His books are very funny with a little seriousness thrown in.
LeDiplomatique
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lediplomatique.html
Latest Review: Basket of Brazilian Tales by Manfred u. Osterroht

Post by LeDiplomatique »

Jodee Neathery. I loved her philosophical sense of humor.
Nikolas Farmakis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nickolas-farmakis.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Nikolas Farmakis »

One of my favorite authors of all time is Charles Dickens, as he opens up a new world in his books, and he questions the way society deals with people. William Shakespeare and C.S. Lewis are also great authors though.
___kiru___
Currently Reading: Every Last Breath
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by ___kiru___ »

My favorite author is hands down
Dan Brown - author of The Da Vinci Code
I love all of his books the reason being his writing skills. From the prologue to the epilogue the story is gripping, mysterious and totally a one go read. The way he builds a plot is just great. Also the very first chapter has all the main characters in different scenes where my personal favorite being Robert Langdon the history teacher. Some of his books have maps according to the story which makes it so interesting to read.
My personal favorite book of his is The Symbol, a must read for every mystery/thriller book reader.
manishas30
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by manishas30 »

nalini singh. i love all her books.
Gbrooks_01
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 173
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gbrooks-01.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Post by Gbrooks_01 »

Another of my favorite authors is Harold Robinson. His style is similar to Sydney Sheldon's (who is also one of my favorite authors) in that they have similar gritty styles of writing which I absolutely love. I always appreciate a good satire.
Lisathereader76
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisathereader76.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Lisathereader76 »

Josephine Cox, my granny got me into her books and i've loved almost everyone. I like how she tells a tale and writes about her hoem town
Gbrooks_01
Currently Reading:

Post by Gbrooks_01 »

To me, one of the very best romance authors of all time is Karen Robards. I absolutely love her books. She has a corky, in-depth writing style that draws you in and her storylines are always intriguing and captivating. Her books are a page-turner and I would recommend her books to anyone, in the market for a good romance novel. :)
Gbrooks_01
Currently Reading:

Post by Gbrooks_01 »

Another of my favorite romance authors is Rebecca Brandewyne. That lady knows how to pack a punch in the romance department. Talk about passion, she knows passion! Read Dust Devil, one of my favorite Rebecca Brandewyne books and tell me more. Just beautiful! I read that book twice. :lol2:
WarholStyle
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by WarholStyle »

I have so many favorite authors but my top three are Janet Fitch, Augusten Burroughs, and Wally Lamb. Janet Fitch tells her stories with a powerful voice and the way she describes the scenes is visceral. Augusten uses a raw narrative to draw you in. And Wally Lamb is just brilliant in every way.

Return to “Discuss Authors”