Who's Your Favorite Author?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Infinite I
Favorite Book: How to Define Yourself
Currently Reading: Grace Revealed
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-infinite-i.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Re: Who's Your Favorite Author?

Post by Infinite I »

My favourite author is Dr Brian Weiss. I really loved his books. The first book I read of him was only love is real.
Riza29
Currently Reading: The Emperor's Blades
Bookshelf Size: 30

Post by Riza29 »

I'm a new member here and I would like to add my favorite author is Jojo Moyes. She's really a very interesting writer.
Mills_2012
Currently Reading: The Witching Hour
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Mills_2012 »

I'm a new member and I'm sort of just browsing around but I had to make a quick comment. I've always just picked books up without really caring about the Authors. I literally carry whatever book I'm reading at the time in my purse and whip it out when I go outside for a cigarette, when one of my friends are using the phone, when I'm bored of a group discussion and the list goes on. Anybody who knows me know me as a little book worm.
So now that I've just became a new member and I was trying to remember all the books I've read which I can remember lots of them just not the Authors. I guess people could say it was a book worth remembering if I can't remember who wrote the book but that's just it. I never even payed attention to that particular detail. As long as the words on the page bring a different reality, even if it's just for a little while then I'm content. Nothing really matters beyond that point.
mmccarty74
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mmccarty74.html
Latest Review: The Right to Nominate by Thomas E Peterson

Post by mmccarty74 »

I just finished reading a book called Writing Down The Bones: Freeing the Writer Within by Natalie Goldberg. This is a great book! I am going to look for more of Natalie's work because of the very Zen effect that this little book has had on me.
Laura Lee
Currently Reading: Holiday in Death 
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-lee.html
Latest Review: My ABC "Chair" Book by Barbara H. Hartsfield

Post by Laura Lee »

Vince Flynn (and Kyle Mills who took over after Flynn's death)
Nora Roberts (and her other pen name, J.D. Robb)
Kristen Ashley
Christine Feehan
Dan Brown
Laura Lee

“Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.”
― Groucho Marx, The Essential Groucho: Writings For By And About Groucho Marx
SoilantGreen

Post by SoilantGreen »

Pat Conroy has written some of my favorites. I'm also a big fan of John D. MacDonald and Ed McBain. I'm currently reading the Reacher series by Lee Child.

Some of my favorite reading though, is American history by Michael and Jeff Shaara or Ron Chernow.
Chirlerona
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chirlerona.html
Latest Review: Dynomike: What's Heartfulness? by Frankie B. Rabbit

Post by Chirlerona »

Stephen King - always and Dan Brown because I am reading The Lost Symbol at the moment. I would say J.K.Rowling but I am not sure, as I absolutely love Harry Potter books, but anything
else that she wrote did not have the same effect on me.
Sonassh

Post by Sonassh »

My the most favorite author is Dan Brown. I love his books so much. I can read these books over and over again. Everytime I feel something powerful when i read those books. That's amazing feeling. I also love the Rhonda Bern. Her books helped me understand what I should do with my life and how I can handle all my problems and reach my dreams. I read hero and now I'm reading magic.
Dayodiola
Favorite Book: King of thots
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dayodiola.html
Latest Review: Unchecked capitalism is killing us! by Earl Rynerson
Reading Device: Adobe

Post by Dayodiola »

Always the great non-fiction novelist, John Griaham. Love the guy, grew up reading all his books and the made the love of books stick forever.
Maya28
Favorite Book: The Bane Chronicles
Currently Reading: Tower of Dawn
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Maya28 »

Cassandra Clare, author of the Shadohunter books
kelseyjeananderson
Favorite Book: A Portrait of Mommy
Currently Reading: Hearts Set Free
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelseyjeananderson.html
Latest Review: Hearts Set Free by Jess Lederman

Post by kelseyjeananderson »

Shirley Jackson is my favorite writer, though she is is terribly underrated. You might even be saying, "who?" but you've probably read her most famous short story, "The Lottery" at some point, and The Haunting of Hill House was made into a TV series recently. She knew her craft, was a prolific writer, and like me, had four children to raise! Like many great writers, she died much too young.
Zion Mesa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zion-mesa.html
Latest Review: Business Basics BootCamp by Mitche Graf

Post by Zion Mesa »

I was going to say C.S Lewis, but if we can choose several then I'd also like to add Tolkien, Dickens, Rudyard Kipling, and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

If there's one thing in particular in my opinion that the English do well, it's writing. Every one these people has a style and a magic all their own. The world wouldn't be the same without them.
NovaFly
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-novafly.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by NovaFly »

Favrioutes right now: Terry Pratchett, Katherine Rundell, Ransom Riggs and Patrik Ness.
Kaelan Stormborme
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Kaelan Stormborme »

Mine would be Paulo Coelho and Mitch Albom. I don't read that much but my interest piques if it's their book. I really like their genre, some of which are philosophical fictions, and the way they build up the story is superbly done. It's also a huge plus for me that their wordings aren't deep so I don't go through the hassle of checking the dictionary from time to time.
Twylla
Favorite Author: Jude Austin
Favorite Book: Project Tau
Currently Reading: Intwine
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-twylla.html
Latest Review: Contagion Domination by William Nisol
fav_author_id: 165843

Post by Twylla »

Stephen King is my all time favorite. I have read all of his books, literally. But lately I have come to love Jack Winnick (East Wind, Date Farm). He novels are exciting and well written and the characters are very interesting and realistic.

Return to “Discuss Authors”