Pratrcia Cornwell’s “Unnatural Exposure”

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
TAToti_1012
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Icon Pratrcia Cornwell’s “Unnatural Exposure”

Post by TAToti_1012 »

Are there any Patricia Cornwell fans out there that read her Dr. Kay Scarpetta series? I recently read “Unnatural Exposure” and found myself disappointed. It was an odd feeling since I have always enjoyed her other books. After reflecting on the book, I found the reason was related to a topic in the book I kept thinking should have been more serious, or not an element of the story line. Dr. Scarpetta is exposed to a hazardous virus. She gets sick, the topic keeps coming up, but for her it’s not the virus, it’s just a cold or the flu. However, her assistant Winford not only became infected, but he died - and his illness and death were not a topic focused on, it seemed more like a byline. I found myself thinking that since it was someone she worked with and seemed to care about, his illness should have come up while she was still helping with the case. It should have been a driving factor as she tried to help track down where the virus originated and why. Why didn’t she check up on Winford and keep apprised of his illness? And since she didn’t have the virus, why keep bringing up how she was? Maybe instead of her, those moments in the story should have been about Winford?
Anyone want to share their thoughts on the book?

Return to “Discuss Authors”