My favourite author...?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
gran1990
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Currently Reading: Forever Twelve
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gran1990.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3251

Re: My favourite author...?

Post by gran1990 »

My favorite author is James Patterson. He has so many different series with different characters which are all different. He also has a passion for promoting young readers to read. He has several series written for junior high school students. I suppose being an English teachers for special needs students helps to make him special to me.
kathylapan
Favorite Author: Thomas Harris
Currently Reading: Near a thousand tables
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kathylapan.html
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0
fav_author_id: 2793

Post by kathylapan »

Thomas Harris.. Not only because he created Hannibal Lecter, but I love how he uses words. He uses words that mean something else entirely to give you a sense of how things are, like describing a cluster of (fake) framed diplomas on lecter's nemisis' wall with a term that describes a group of geese. Or describing lecter as having a bone saw voice.
Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light; I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night. ~ Sarah Williams
FoxyReader1988
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 19054">The Giver</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-foxyreader1988.html

Post by FoxyReader1988 »

Exaltseo wrote:my favourite author is Rabindranath tagore. what about u...?
Stephen King is my favorite author. The detail used in his books is remarkable.
zulito
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by zulito »

I very like Harlan Coben.He is my favourite writer.Also I like Mary Higgins Clark, but no all bokks.Sometimes she writes simple story.
Now I read JO NESBO, I liked his books.
MarkMueller
Favorite Author: Michael Connelly
Currently Reading: I Capture the Castle
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markmueller.html
fav_author_id: 3897

Post by MarkMueller »

My favorite author is Kinky Friedman. He is the funniest of the satirical novelists of the 20th and 21st centuries. For example one of my favorite Kinky Friedman quotes is from his novel, Elvis, Jesus, and Coca-Cola: “He looked like an accountant or a serial-killer type. Definitely one of the service industries.” I love his way with words!
Vogwenxtwin
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vogwenxtwin.html

Post by Vogwenxtwin »

Stephen King. I love the Dark Tower and have loved or liked to varying degrees everything else he has written. Sometimes it's hard to truly pick a favorite author though!
rose623

Post by rose623 »

Mary Higgins Clark :D
Your _A1_bookreader
Currently Reading: The Dancing Barber
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-your-a1-bookreader.html

Post by Your _A1_bookreader »

I'm a fan of Danielle Steel. After reading several of her books over the years, it's interesting to note that each read has a fresh voice. It is easy to fall in love with her characters and think about them after the last chapter has closed. I just began reading Pegasus, the historical accuracy and integrity is thrilling. I must go now so I can cuddle up with my latest Steel find.
Tea Time

Post by Tea Time »

G. K. Chesterton... but that might be because I'm reading one of his books right now. If I picked up A.A. Milne's Winnie-The-Pooh, instead, I might have to change my mind.
Fubbyy

Post by Fubbyy »

This can be a hard question to answer. It all depends on the genre I am reading. I love Arthur C. Clarke! The way he tells an epic tale of suspense and action but incorporates the human despair and love we all feel everyday is what keeps me coming back. If I am looking for some witty comedy and some butt kicking I go with Lee Child and the Jack Reacher series. He never fails to impress.
Shannon_Davies
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shannon-davies.html

Post by Shannon_Davies »

Jacqueline Wilson, Meg Cabot and Sophie mckenzie will always remain in my list from childhood.. current favourite.. I would have to say rainbow Rowell and Michael Grant - can't decide between them.
Timbets
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timbets.html
Latest Review: "Gates to Tangier" by Mois Benarroch

Post by Timbets »

I have so many authors it is hard to chose from. I like to mix it up a bit. So therefore, I have a hard time saying who my favorite author is.
Latest Review: "Gates to Tangier" by Mois Benarroch
Ali hamza
Currently Reading:

Post by Ali hamza »

Tobias Woolf. ...
George Saunders. ...
Jennifer Egan. ...
Lorrie Moore. ...
Joe Meno. ...
Junot Diaz. ...
Jhumpa Lahiri.
Zimall
Favorite Author: Atilla K. Zengin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zimall.html
Latest Review: The Sparrow by Denna M. Davis
fav_author_id: 156933

Post by Zimall »

J.k rowling and lincoln cole.
"All That is Gold Does Not Glitter
Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost"
Swat3737
Favorite Book: Mists of avalon
Currently Reading: Good Omens
Bookshelf Size: 631
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-swat3737.html
Latest Review: Sherlock and I A Memoir of Medical Mysteries in a US Rural Practice by Frederick Kassis, MD

Post by Swat3737 »

Gannon wrote: 07 Apr 2011, 01:31
Woodland Nymph wrote:Anne Rice, even though I've never been able to finish any of her novels outside of the Vampire Chronicles.
Hey there Woodland Nymph, I am exactly the same. I love the Vampire Chronicles, but do not like any of her other work. Actually I think the vampire chronicles start off on fire and get a little bit weaker with each new book. Still I believe they are way above all of the other "Vampire Literature".
I suggest you both try reading her “Mayfair Witch” books, they connect to the Vampire Chronicles and are beautiful
"One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Return to “Discuss Authors”