Dean Koontz

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
frik
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Dean Koontz

Post by frik »

I have read most of Koontz' s books, but over the years have lost interest. His later works I haven't read yet.
Dark Rivers From the Heart is my favorite.

sk
Col
Favorite Author: David Gemmell
fav_author_id: 3386

Post by Col »

Mine too! Roy Miro has to be one of the best bad guys ever!
proudmom25
Favorite Book: Hard to say so... MANY
Currently Reading: The Gift by Cecilia Ahern
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-proudmom25.html

Post by proudmom25 »

Wow I didnt see this thread I was about to start a topic about dean koontz and his odd thomas series was wondering if it is good and if it's worth it for me to start the whole series.I always complete a series boring or not i just prefer it not to be lol sio please let me know your thoughts boring, interestin?
~"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves".~
RuqeeD

Post by RuqeeD »

proudmom25 wrote:Wow I didnt see this thread I was about to start a topic about dean koontz and his odd thomas series was wondering if it is good and if it's worth it for me to start the whole series.I always complete a series boring or not i just prefer it not to be lol sio please let me know your thoughts boring, interestin?
I quite like his Odd Thomas series. The main character is really likeable in a sweet nerdy kind of way. The story progresses really well and the secondary characters (like the mute Elvis Presley) add the humour factor.
Stinkin' Fascist
Currently Reading: Game of Thrones

Post by Stinkin' Fascist »

Speaking of Odd Thomas!

From my movie screening e-mail:

In this supernatural thriller, set in a California desert town, a short-order cook with clairvoyant abilities encounters a mysterious man with a link to dark, threatening forces. The film is based on the popular book series by Dean Koontz.

Odd Thomas features Anton Yelchin (Star Trek and Like Crazy), Willem Dafoe (Spider Man and John Carter), Addison Timlin (TV's Californication) and Patton Oswalt (Young Adult).

I was supposed to go to the showing today, but anyways I'm excited and a little nervous of course about this film being made. All the same, I'm anxious to see it!
( ̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅ ♥ ̲̅]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅ )
StephenKingman
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephenkingman.html

Post by StephenKingman »

^ Wow theres a blast from the past, welcome back girl, you managed to drag yourself away from the PS3 eh. :wink:
You only live once.....so live!
Stinkin' Fascist
Currently Reading: Game of Thrones

Post by Stinkin' Fascist »

Haha yes, yes I did. Though I'm still catching up on my Skyrim haha. But I missed it here.
( ̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅ ♥ ̲̅]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅ )
StephenKingman
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephenkingman.html

Post by StephenKingman »

We missed you too, didnt know if you were in one piece or not, Laci will also be glad you are her buddy here as well. :D
You only live once.....so live!
mrjerseys

Post by mrjerseys »

The Husband was another good read
BryanMPorter

Post by BryanMPorter »

I wonder the same thing. A friend of mine keeps trying to get me to read his take on Frankenstein but I just haven't really sat down to read it.
RuqeeD

Post by RuqeeD »

I thought his Frankenstein series was pretty good but then after the third one (when by all intents and purposes it should have finished) he decided to crank another couple out (and I'm still trying to figure out why when imo it didn't add anything) and I still haven't read the last one even though I think I should - need the closure and all that :lol:
BryanMPorter

Post by BryanMPorter »

RuqeeD wrote:I thought his Frankenstein series was pretty good but then after the third one (when by all intents and purposes it should have finished) he decided to crank another couple out (and I'm still trying to figure out why when imo it didn't add anything) and I still haven't read the last one even though I think I should - need the closure and all that :lol:
I just think it would be weird for me, as I have read the original work my Mary Shelly, and by the end I completely detested the monster and pitied Frankenstein. I think the role reversal in Dean Koontz's books would be hard for me.
RuqeeD

Post by RuqeeD »

BryanMPorter wrote:
RuqeeD wrote:I thought his Frankenstein series was pretty good but then after the third one (when by all intents and purposes it should have finished) he decided to crank another couple out (and I'm still trying to figure out why when imo it didn't add anything) and I still haven't read the last one even though I think I should - need the closure and all that :lol:
I just think it would be weird for me, as I have read the original work my Mary Shelly, and by the end I completely detested the monster and pitied Frankenstein. I think the role reversal in Dean Koontz's books would be hard for me.
I haven't read Mary Shelly's yet although it's there sitting on my shelf begging to be read - I will get to it but I'm curious how I will approach it having read a completely different version but with the same basis. In Koontz you love the monster and absolutely loath Frankenstein - evil sadistic twisted thing that he is......
Hourglass
Favorite Author: Too many to choose
Favorite Book: I have many favorites
Currently Reading: Blood Song by Anthony Ryan

Post by Hourglass »

I liked the Odd series. One of favorites of his is Dragon Tears.
jasperellis

Post by jasperellis »

The Bad place is an awesome book isn't it?? Yes he did kill everyone in that book but the 2 main charactors (husband and wife). Well maybe not all of them but most all of them. Wouldn't it be fabulous if every marriage was as secure as theirs is. It is a good book.

Return to “Discuss Authors”