Dean Koontz

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Sun_shi_nii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sun-shi-nii.html
Latest Review: Walking In Blind: A Collection of Poetry by Kaviru Gayathri Samarawickrama

Re: Dean Koontz

Post by Sun_shi_nii »

Shadowfires is a good read. Try it.😊
A ray of sunshine to enlighten your day especially in the gloomest of days. :P :P :P
valenciablossum
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valenciablossum.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Post by valenciablossum »

I usually don't read authors like Koontz. I have very limited reading time so I avoid 'fast food' books (I like your analogy titan21!). One day my husband was listening to Winter Moon and I was hooked! I read the whole thing on my own and really enjoyed the ride! Great suspense and very engaging. I plan on reading more of his books when I have more time....someday....
Lindsey Klaus
Currently Reading: The Rogue Queen
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lindsey-klaus.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Lindsey Klaus »

The only book I've read by Dean Koontz is The Watchers. When I was 12 or 13, my big sis read me segments of it while I was sick, and I had to finish it myself. (That was also how she got me into It and The Princess Bride - latter of which I begged her to read to me all night because I needed to know what happened next) It's still one of my favorite books, though I've never gotten around to reading more of his stuff (which is weird, considering I enjoy Stephen King, Peter Straub, and James Patterson).

I loved the dog characters so much in that book. I just wanted to snuggle them- yes, even that one. The end made me tear up. Not to mention that I really, really loved both protagonists and rooted for them the entire time. When the dog steps in to help her at the beginning? I literally whooped out loud. Such an amazing book. Would recommend.
CinWin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 311
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cinwin.html

Post by CinWin »

If you like series, The "Odd" series is great. They are very light and funny, not heavy and weird, as some get.
----"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."----
bmfought
Currently Reading: Resisting the Bad Boy
Bookshelf Size: 418
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bmfought.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by bmfought »

I have many books of his on my bookshelf. That being said, I've only read one. The Voice of the Night. I was not impressed. I will have to give him another go, as I have lots of others from him. I read thrillers a lot so he has to compete with several other authors I like.
cassiekeech2019
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: -2
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by cassiekeech2019 »

There are so many great books by Dean Koontz. My favorite book which is a non-fiction is "Bliss to You:Trixie's Guide to a Happy Life."
rpayne111rp
Currently Reading: Catch-22
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rpayne111rp.html
Latest Review: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's by Mark L. Wdowiak

Post by rpayne111rp »

CinWin wrote: 07 Apr 2019, 14:40 If you like series, The "Odd" series is great. They are very light and funny, not heavy and weird, as some get.
Odd Thomas is my favorite character from any book that I've read. He is quirky and quick-witted. Some might suggest that he is a flat character, that he never changes, but I don't think that is exactly true. He is a reluctant hero. Dean Koontz is great. I've read many of his books. He really nailed it with Odd Thomas, though. These books have action, humor, and heartache. And, of course, the enduring struggle between good and evil.
CinWin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 311
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cinwin.html

Post by CinWin »

Have you had the chance to see the movie? It's very well done!
----"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."----
Gift25
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gift25.html
Latest Review: The Orb by Tara Basi

Post by Gift25 »

I found out about Dean Knootz around the same time I learned about Steven King. His books were often offered side by side, or at the end of a Steven King novel. He is the king of page tuners and cliff hangers. I loved reading along finishing a chapter wondering what would happen to the character next, only to begin another equally interesting chapter, with a completely different character. His talent in literary foreplay is unmatched. I also really enjoyed his dedication to research and the latest technologies in his novels. The first book I read by him was Dragon Tears. He was one of the first writers to add metaphysics to his stores in a really “regular life” sort of way. I haven’t read his books in quite a while.
Latest Review: The Orb by Tara Basi
Felicity Granger
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-felicity-granger.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Felicity Granger »

ODD THOMAS!! By far my favourite Dean Koontz. This may be because this was the first actual novel I read, not just by Dean Koontz but by any author and I've reread it many times over. It's honestly not the best book he's ever written, according to most, but the plot is very funny and touching. Guaranteed wonderful read. I think they have a movie adaptation of it too.
mddodgen
Favorite Book: Skills of the Warramunga
Currently Reading: It Strikes Again
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mddodgen.html
Latest Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by mddodgen »

I adore Dean Koontz, just look at my bookshelves. The last two books I read of his were great. I recommend "Intensity" and "The Face". Really fast reads.
valleystreamgirl
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by valleystreamgirl »

I’m a big fan of Dean Koontz. I’ve enjoyed many of his earlier books. I’ve missed a few of his latest works but my favorite has always been Intensity.
slj3988
Currently Reading: Lord of the rings
Bookshelf Size: 180
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-slj3988.html
Latest Review: Learn to Love: Guide to Healing Your Disappointing Love Life by Thomas Jordan, Ph.D.

Post by slj3988 »

I tried Dean Koontz with The Taking. After a whole chapter to say it was raining, I lost interest :lol:
Tavaiel26
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tavaiel26.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Tavaiel26 »

I know I really enjoyed "From the corner of his eyes" when I read it years ago, Now I only have faint memories of it, maybe it's time for a re-read.
edztan15
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edztan15.html
Latest Review: Sex Business Tokyo by Alta Eva Bourne

Post by edztan15 »

My introduction to Dean Koontz, and probably my favorite of his works, is "Life Expectancy".

Return to “Discuss Authors”