Stephen King

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
ebethina
Currently Reading: Homeport
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebethina.html
Latest Review: "Temptation Trials Part II" by B. Truly

Re: Stephen King

Post by ebethina »

I have never read any of his books. Lately thought I have been curious and a bit interested in the book "IT". I'm just nervous about giving it a try because it isn't something I would normally chose for me to read.
Latest Review: "Temptation Trials Part II" by B. Truly
Diana Welch
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Diana Welch »

I'm a big fan of Stephen King. I like "The MIst" which is very realistic. ;)
Neharajoria
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 26552">Not a Penny More, Not a Penny Less</a>
Currently Reading: Caraval
Bookshelf Size: 239
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neharajoria.html
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Neharajoria »

I have read Carrie, Salem's lot, Mr. Mercedes. I own and tried reading under the dome but it's just too long and the TV series put me off, I also tried reading IT but my coulrophobia didn't agree with the whole premise I think I read less than a third of it before completely giving up on it. Gotta say this though, Stephen King is so good he gets under my skin and ironically that's the reason why I have not read more of his work. Salem's lot is the creepist books I have read and I mean that as a compliment
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon
Jasel Anne
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Jasel Anne »

I'm a fan of Stephen King.
mrsflythe
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Post by mrsflythe »

I'm a King fan. It's a little harder for me to read him now with my son because when I start a book I like finishing same day. I think Misery is probably my favorite and second is Tommyknockers. I remember that chant freaked me out so bad!
melleigha
Currently Reading: 30th century:escape
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by melleigha »

I loved reading Green Mile and Carrie was pretty good. I think those are the only 2 I have read so far.
Cate Mbevi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cate-mbevi.html
Latest Review: The Attuned by Gary B. Haley

Post by Cate Mbevi »

I have read 'The Running Man" by Stephen King. I loved it.
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Post by Jackie Holycross »

fhs456 wrote: 24 May 2007, 16:11 Any King Readers out there? What is your favorite King book/series? Mine is the Dark Tower Series.
I have not finished that series yet, but it is amazing how it ties so many other of his books together.
JuliaKay
Currently Reading: The Black Witch
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliakay.html
Latest Review: I Am Not Gog by Matthew James Hunt

Post by JuliaKay »

I enjoy reading Stephen King. I think my favorite was Lisey's story: “I was lost in the dark and you found me. I was hot - so hot - and you gave me ice.” I just thought it was beautiful in a strange Stephen King way. I also enjoyed Misery and The Shining.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one.”
― George R.R. Martin, A Dance with Dragons
Aly88
Currently Reading: The Voice of the Night
Bookshelf Size: 23

Post by Aly88 »

JuliaKay that is absolutely one of my favorite quotes in Lisey's Story as well! I really enjoy Tommyknockers, Needful Things, and Desperation. .
elanaswanepoel12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elanaswanepoel12.html
Latest Review: The Easter Make Believers by Finn Bell

Post by elanaswanepoel12 »

When most of my friends were reading King in high school, I was reading Koontz. I just could not get into and finish a King book if my life depended on it. It moved too slow for my liking.
Only as an adult did I start appreciating his books and I still have a ways to go in reading them all. My favourites by far was The Stand and Desperation. I thought Cell was also pretty good. (The movie of it sucks big time.)
Have you read any of his son's books? Joe Hill's Noseferatu is amazeballs. When I read it, I didn't know who Jo Hill was, but something about the writing reminded me of King's. When he started making reference to Pennywise, I was like, hold up, have to Google this guy now. And that's how I found out King is his dad. His writing is pretty good.
Aly88
Currently Reading: The Voice of the Night
Bookshelf Size: 23

Post by Aly88 »

I haven't had the chance to read any of his kids' work. Heard great things about all of them actually, I'm excited to read Sleeping Beauties, the collaboration of him and his son Owen! Hoping someday soon I'll get to update about how awesome it is
Lgs1089
Favorite Book: The Buried Secrets of Peonies
Currently Reading: Of Illusions and Ink Spills
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lgs1089.html
Latest Review: Long Distance Flyer, G-EBFO. ISBN 978-1-78222-456-3 by Kenneth T Ward
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Lgs1089 »

I love Stephen King. The Shawshank Redemption is my favorite so far. However, I do have a problem with him refusing to let anyone edit his work. Kinda looks like he thinks he can walk on water.
L.G. Stewart
"Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together." :wine:
kjs237
Currently Reading: Sleeping Beauties
Bookshelf Size: 231
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kjs237.html
Latest Review: Roadmap to the End of Days by Daniel Friedmann

Post by kjs237 »

Stephen King is awesome. I do enjoy the horror novels like 'Salem's Lot and the Stand, but I think he's really at his best when he steps out of that box and writes something like Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption or The Body. When he writes a story with kids as main characters he makes them so vibrant and alive that I feel as if they were just like the friends I had from childhood. He can really get inside an 11 year old's head. If you don't like horror I would recommend 11-22-63. It's my favorite of his less scary novels and offers a different take on an old conspiracy theory. I will say that I haven't loved everything he has written. But, I can usually find something to like about any one of them.
Mely918
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mely918.html
Latest Review: I'm Going to Kill that Cat by F. Della Notte

Post by Mely918 »

I really like Stephen King books as well. The Green Mile is my absolute favorite. I also enjoyed reading Carrie, Misery, and Pet Sematary as well. I truly enjoy the psychological aspect he includes in his books. He has a very deep understanding on certain things that keep me thinking well after I've finished reading one of his books.

Return to “Discuss Authors”