Stephen King

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
catss
Currently Reading: Champion
Bookshelf Size: 25

Re: Stephen King

Post by catss »

I am one of Stephen King's biggest fans. I can't pick a favorite because I love them all, but some of my favorites are The Shining, The Green Mile, Pet Sematary, It, and Gwendy's Button Box. I especially like to read the book and then get the movie and watch it over and over again.
Bigwig1973
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Notes from Underground
Currently Reading: The Elements of Style
Bookshelf Size: 503
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bigwig1973.html
Latest Review: You, This Is Me...OVER?! by Clinton Beaudel Dooley

Post by Bigwig1973 »

I think the collection of short stories was entitled Skeleton Crew. I particularly liked the story, "Word Processor of the Gods". I also liked the short story "Thinner", but I think that was in the Bachman Books. Needful Things was especially interesting - almost a selling your soul type of undertone. It depends on why someone wants something - if a person is looking for clues regarding terrorism, etc. (Shopping for terrorist codes, weird), then it's a bit unkind to have been made to carry out Mr. Gaunts deeds. For instance, I picked up an ice cream maker, old, antique I assume, that is labeled "Challenger 33". Considering the space shuttle challenger. Did not know that brand of ice cream maker existed. Hopefully, Mr. Gaunt (and the band Good Charlotte making light of women on shopping sprees) would have taken the do gooders into account. Otherwise, the concept is fascinating.
"...I'd discuss the holy books with the learned man...and that would be the sweetest thing of all...would it foil some vast, eternal plan..." Hamick Fiddler on the Roof

La Belle Dame Sans Mercy, Merci, Maria - Chartier, Keats, Hamik?

Return to “Discuss Authors”