Books by Zak Bagans

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Lee1234s
Bookshelf Size: 0

Books by Zak Bagans

Post by Lee1234s »

Has anyone read the books by Zak Bagans? I am curious to hear opinions on the books to see if they are worth my time reading.
Jevans25
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jevans25.html

Post by Jevans25 »

I have read both books by Zak Bagans. I liked the second one "I am Haunted: Living life through the dead" way better than the first "Dark World". The first one I'd have to say was to slow paced for me. I know he was a first time writer and I think it showed. The second one was harder to put down and more interesting.
Brandi Noelle
Currently Reading: The Invention of Murder
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brandi-noelle.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by Brandi Noelle »

I did not realize he had written any books. I will have to check these out. I find his show "Ghost Adventures" to be a little cheesy at times, and I'm not sure how legitimate their findings are. I have, however, been to several of the locations in which they have featured on the show - not because of the show, but because I love visiting haunted locations. I do really enjoy the historical background Zak gives on all the places they film. I'm curious to see if his books are along the same lines.
mrsflythe
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Post by mrsflythe »

I've read them both. I think I liked I am haunted a little better. It's been a while since I have read them. One I got from the library and one I own so I may have to go back and read them. I also have Nick Groff's book which I liked a lot too.
Vscholz
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
Bookshelf Size: 816
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vscholz.html
Latest Review: Primrose’s Curse by Kiara Shankar, Vinay Shankar
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Vscholz »

Brandi Noelle wrote: 24 Oct 2017, 17:10 I did not realize he had written any books. I will have to check these out. I find his show "Ghost Adventures" to be a little cheesy at times, and I'm not sure how legitimate their findings are. I have, however, been to several of the locations in which they have featured on the show - not because of the show, but because I love visiting haunted locations. I do really enjoy the historical background Zak gives on all the places they film. I'm curious to see if his books are along the same lines.
His show is definitely one of my guilty pleasures. I love how everything is a ghost or a demon and how they ALWAYS find evidence. I prefer Ghost Hunters because they sometimes don't find anything and they approach each location with the idea that it isn't haunted rather than is.

I love scary stories and being scared. I may have known in the back of my mind that Bagans had at least one book, but it never occured to me to seek it out. I have read the books written by the Ghost Hunters team (two collections are general and one is more for kids) and I really enjoyed them. There's just something about curling up with a spooky book while you are at home alone.
As for you & your heart & the things you said & didn't say, she will remember them all when men are fairy tales in books written by rabbits. (Schmendrick the Magician)

Return to “Discuss Authors”