Author Appreciation!

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
gij316
Favorite Author: Thomas P Wise
Bookshelf Size: 2
fav_author_id: 31835

Re: Author Appreciation!

Post by gij316 »

A lot of my friends are authors, and I can tell you everyone of them would love to hear from a reader. They live for feedback.
brenniewinters
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by brenniewinters »

I love to read and as an author of over 100 books, I can say I am grateful to anyone who reads my books whether they like them or not. Time is important-mine and theirs. :techie-studyingbrown:
Terrie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Terrie »

Great article, Scott. I am one the few people who not only read more than one book a week, but I also leave author reviews. Yay, me! :lol: Why? Because I had a love of reading instilled in me by my mom, aunt, and teachers at an early age. I would say I am a voracious reader. Before I began writing and editing, I read an easy five books a week. And I write reviews because I understand how important they are to an indie author's livelihood. If I cannot help put the word out there about some amazing stories, who will. We should each feel that way about each book we read. That holds for excellent to mediocre to downright dreadful. :techie-studyingbrown:
Vermont Reviews
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 4468">Scam Prevention</a>
Currently Reading: A Roadmap To Career Success
Bookshelf Size: 507
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vermont-reviews.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Vermont Reviews »

I am really enjoying this site.
terrysqueen519
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-terrysqueen519.html

Post by terrysqueen519 »

:D Can I just give a shout out to Gillian Flynn and say that I can't wait for her to come out with another book. All three of her novels had me turning the pages and completely creeped out. I'm a huge fan and appreciate the work she has done. Gone Girl will forever be one of my favorites!!!
Vermont Reviews
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 4468">Scam Prevention</a>
Currently Reading: A Roadmap To Career Success
Bookshelf Size: 507
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vermont-reviews.html

Post by Vermont Reviews »

David Bowman wrote:I second this! There has been such a wide range of authors submitting their books to the review team that it has benefited both the community and the authors themselves for new recommendations and helping them becoming better writers. Big thanks to Scott and the team and just as important the authors who bring out their work into the community!
I agree

Vermont Reviews
Lfeazel16

Post by Lfeazel16 »

Juliet Marillier - Writer of the best books Ive ever read.
Rachel McClellan

Post by Rachel McClellan »

I can't tell you how much it means to me to receive an email from readers about my novels! I have received some of the sweetest messages along with some valuable critiques.
Leti

Post by Leti »

Has anyone read Allison Weir or Philippa Gregory? These women write wonderful historical novels.
HappyBanjoGirl

Post by HappyBanjoGirl »

I have two favorite authors; L.M. Montgomery and Louisa May Alcott. I love both of their writing because they have such depth to the characters they write. Often I will become distracted with the story that I forget that the characters are not real people. I also love both of these women's gift with painting a realistic setting for stories. They consistently captivate and realistically engage readers. I also love these women's writing because both of them stress how we can still find joy even in our difficult circumstances.
Ripley3131
Favorite Author: S.E. Sasaki
Currently Reading: reunion in death
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ripley3131.html
Latest Review: "Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited
fav_author_id: 21099

Post by Ripley3131 »

This is an awesome sight. So happy to have found it, and I am very thankful for every author. Without the author there would be nothing to read.
Latest Review: "Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited
danilizm7603
Currently Reading: The Hollow
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danilizm7603.html

Post by danilizm7603 »

Well
Said thank you
karolinka
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-karolinka.html
Latest Review: "Loose Threads" by J. O. Quantaman
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by karolinka »

I just checked out "Shop by Cover" feature, and it is really helpful, to see that book laid out in front of my eyes. Thank you, Scott, for creating a great site for readers and authors alike! I will definitely be buying a couple of books in the near future!
"How to be a writer. Step one: Write."
- A. Beauchamp.
Latest Review: "Loose Threads" by J. O. Quantaman
Btschimchim19
Currently Reading: Defender: A Scottish American Fairy Tale
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Btschimchim19 »

I. just bought one of the book of the day books from amazon, and truthfully, I didn't think the book will be that great but when I read it, it was so awesome!The authors here are awesome and pls continue striving!
christinac_2585
Currently Reading: City of Ashes
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christinac-2585.html
Latest Review: "The firstborn" by Helena K Workman

Post by christinac_2585 »

I found this site just this month and I just want to say how much I love it!!! Thank you Scott, members, and authors for all that you do. I feel like this a community I can come to and share my love for books because sometimes that is hard to find in the real world. Thank you again and everyone keep up the great work!
Latest Review: "The firstborn" by Helena K Workman

Return to “Discuss Authors”