Stephenie Meyer or JK Rowling

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
HarleyQuinn2016
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harleyquinn2016.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Re: Stephenie Meyer or JK Rowling

Post by HarleyQuinn2016 »

This is an easy question to answer. JK Rowling is the better of the two. She created another world. Another world full of magic and make believe. The biggest difference being the two authors is their writing style. JK Rowling's writing is much more advanced than Stephanie Meyers'. When Rowlings writes, it grabs your attention and does not let go until the end.
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
IsabelMay
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3761
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-isabelmay.html
Latest Review: "Anna's Journey" by Gerald Miller

Post by IsabelMay »

Neither, unfortunately. JK Rowling is a bit better on the creative side, while Meyer wrote a more entertaining light read but nothing that hadn't already been seen.
Latest Review: "Anna's Journey" by Gerald Miller
Jhirsch1230
Currently Reading: Endymion
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jhirsch1230.html
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare

Post by Jhirsch1230 »

Perhaps the best young adult series ever written vs. a love affair between a vampire, a werewolf and a human? Yeah, I'll go with Rowling.
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare
Jauthor97
Favorite Author: J R R Tolkien
Currently Reading: From Drift to SHIFT
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jauthor97.html
Latest Review: "And The Little Hills Rejoice" by Barry Bennett Blander
fav_author_id: 2578

Post by Jauthor97 »

JK Rowling. Mainly because what she taught in her books are good. The strength that is found in true friendship. The love that is found in sacrifice. The choices that we make always have consequences.

Stephenie Meyer... while I honestly think her first book could have been amazing. I despise her books because what they teach is that A girl without a man is nothing. You are not happy or complete till you get a boyfriend. That is something I do not or ever will condone in a book.
Latest Review: "And The Little Hills Rejoice" by Barry Bennett Blander
Lest92
Currently Reading: Oil and Marble
Bookshelf Size: 199
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lest92.html
Latest Review: The Everywhere Spirit by Nicholas Applin

Post by Lest92 »

JK Rowling. She wrote the Harry Potter series with great intelligence, awareness, and creativity; she balanced humanity and fantasy brilliantly, created memorable characters and interspersed her complex plot with subplots that slotted in perfectly with the narrative arc.
Naval Aulakh
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naval-aulakh.html
Latest Review: "The Deserving" by Efren O'brien

Post by Naval Aulakh »

I would prefer J.K Rowling. No doubt that Stephenie Meyer is an amazing writer but still I love the Harry Potter Series by J.K Rowling :)
Live Life to the Fullest and Enjoy Reading!!
Latest Review: "The Deserving" by Efren O'brien
Fabian Omondi
Currently Reading: Vengeance (Tip of the Spear Book 2)
Bookshelf Size: 82

Post by Fabian Omondi »

I too go with JK Rowling because he never disappoints when it comes to the storyline.
Steph K
Currently Reading: The Hobbit
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-steph-k.html
Latest Review: Ever After by H M Irwing

Post by Steph K »

J.K. Rowling. Her books are better written. They are becoming modern classics. Twilight became a huge fad, but once those fans grow up a little bit, they aren't still re-reading the books. People in my generation re-read their Harry Potter books regularly, and rewatch the movies. They story stands the test of time, and still captivates people no matter their age.
Harmony Hills
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 0734">Anne of Green Gables</a>
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harmony-hills.html
Latest Review: "Alba" by B. E. Okoh

Post by Harmony Hills »

It's J.K. Rowling. How she managed to pull off seven books with unnoticeable inconsistencies is to be praised. :D Harry Potter is one of the books that you'll reread until you grow old without being bored!
“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” ― Neil Gaiman, Coraline
Latest Review: "Alba" by B. E. Okoh
ReviewerDiksha
Currently Reading: The Katharina Code
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reviewerdiksha.html
Latest Review: A Brighter Tomorrow by Lori Schneider, MD

Post by ReviewerDiksha »

JK Rowling, all the way. Her story is much more developed and the characters have much more arc than Twilight's. Twilight is okay, one time read. I don't think I will ever reread it. But Harry Potter. I have already read the whole series twice and I think there will be more rereads as the years pass by.
Jeyasivananth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 191
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeyasivananth.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by Jeyasivananth »

I like JK Rowling better because I love her tight structured plots, her nuanced humor and imagery.
Amanda Nixon
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-nixon.html
Latest Review: Saving Grace by Kathryn Garten

Post by Amanda Nixon »

JK Rowling for sure. I love Harry Potter and can't stand how weak Bella is especially in New moon
holsam_87
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 1691
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-holsam-87.html
Latest Review: Herai by Aaron D Key
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by holsam_87 »

J.K. Rowling is by far the better writer and not just because the Harry Potter series has a better storyline. The characters are for better role models and have much more relatable problems than anyone in Meyer's books does.

With the Twilight series, we have a main character that is not only a weak character, but a total Mary Sue. Plus there's the fact that having an overtly, stalker for a love interest is a good thing. Let's not forget the fact that Bella pretty much withdrew from the world, including her own family because she was obsessed with someone much older than her.
Samantha Holtsclaw

“We’ve all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That’s who we really are.”

—J. K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Latest Review: Herai by Aaron D Key
Misael Carlos
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Sins of a Master Race
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 213
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misael-carlos.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Misael Carlos »

I like Meyer better. She started it all. Her movie Twilight movies were in my opinion at par with her novels.
JuliaKay
Currently Reading: The Black Witch
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliakay.html
Latest Review: I Am Not Gog by Matthew James Hunt

Post by JuliaKay »

Oh, easily JK Rowling. Her stories are more complex and her writing is simply better. I found Stephanie Meyer's writing to be a little cliche.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one.”
― George R.R. Martin, A Dance with Dragons

Return to “Discuss Authors”