Stephenie Meyer or JK Rowling

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
magnoparisi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-magnoparisi.html
Latest Review: The Warramunga's Aftermath of War by Greg Kater

Re: Stephenie Meyer or JK Rowling

Post by magnoparisi »

JK Rowling all the way. It's not even close.
ferry flawless
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferry-flawless.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by ferry flawless »

I'll always stick with J.K.Rowling because she is the author of my favourite novel Harry Potter.
Monet_va
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monet-va.html
Latest Review: Cowboys Don't Fly by John Steed

Post by Monet_va »

I'm surprised to see these two authors compared. In my opinion, they fall into different genres and tell two completely different stories. If I had to pick one, it would probably be JK Rowling, just because I believe she has a better writing style.
Jlprince26
Currently Reading: Cynthia and Dan
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jlprince26.html
Latest Review: A Kingdom Forgotten by Charles W. McDonald Jr.

Post by Jlprince26 »

JK Rowling for me. I feel like far more imagination went into her series Harry Potter, and imagination is what I love about books.
- "Our children learn from us, teach them well, teach them to read, let them be free, and most importantly let them be children." Jamie Prince
mariana90
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariana90.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Post by mariana90 »

There is absolutely no contest. JK Rowling for the win!!
Kaylee Elmer
Currently Reading: Then Comes The Flood
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaylee-elmer.html
Latest Review: A Life In Another Time by Dr. Wayne Woods

Post by Kaylee Elmer »

JK Rowling is my favorite! I feel like her books have more depth and substance. I like her books beyond the Harry Potter series, too.

I do like Stephenie Meyer too, though. Her stories are entertaining. I really loved The Host.
julieanazer
Favorite Book: Magic Shifts (Kate Daniels #8)
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julieanazer.html
Latest Review: Kiran by Ellen Steller

Post by julieanazer »

Haveing read the books, listened to the audio, and watched the movies for both these series, I have to go with JK Rowling. While both books have there ups and downs I felt that SM got really lost in the last book and it got a little to strange.
Latest Review: Kiran by Ellen Steller
chloee29
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by chloee29 »

Although I sometimes find myself immersed in the lusty world of teenage love in the Twilight series as a guilty pleasure, I believe I would always pick JK Rowling over Stephanie Meyer. Yes, Meyer has made some worthy creative contributions, and has generated a wide fan base, but I will always consider Hogwarts my home. Personally, I find that Rowling is much better at crafting an entire world in which one can escape, and much more loveable characters. Additionally, the plot is much more captivating to me, as well as the movie adaptations. In short, on any given day, I would choose Harry Potter over Bella Swan.
Gathoni1991
Currently Reading: Elf Accord
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gathoni1991.html
Latest Review: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016 by William H. Coles

Post by Gathoni1991 »

Stephanie Meyer. Am I the only one who was never crazy about Harry Potter? Just read them because of peer pressure.
SavannahJones
Currently Reading: I will make of thee a great nation
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-savannahjones.html
Latest Review: I Will Make of Thee a Great Nation by Val D. Greenwood
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by SavannahJones »

I much prefer J. K. Rowling. Not just because I love Harry Potter-though I definitely do! I wanted to read Twilight for years, but my mom said it was "inappropriate". (?) So, when I turned 17, I read Twilight anyway-and got grounded from going to the library for a month and got my phone taken away for two weeks. Twilight has just been ruined a little for me by that experience. Plus, Harry Potter has such an intricate and intriguing plot, and it's fit for all ages! Definitely a major Harry Potter fan (though I am Team Edward).
Kerry1551
Currently Reading: Wellness Toolbox
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kerry1551.html
Latest Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Kerry1551 »

Definitely JK Rowling, the Harry Potter books are my all time favourites! The depth of the characters and endless possibilities for future books are genius.

Stephanie Meyers twilight series was amazing but it doesn't have the same effect on its readers as Harry Potter.
klarrysah_223
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16

Post by klarrysah_223 »

Gathoni1991 wrote: 16 Jul 2019, 00:13 Stephanie Meyer. Am I the only one who was never crazy about Harry Potter? Just read them because of peer pressure.
You are not the only one.
I would say neither. Never really loved either series, and the movies did not help either one.
J_hagmaier
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by J_hagmaier »

I prefer Jk Rowling over Stephanie Meyer. While I have read both Twilight and Harry Potter I found Jk Rowling's characters to me more dynamic and transformed in ways I never would have thought of. I even ended up liking and feeling sympathy for characters I had originally disliked. Jk Rowling created not only a world but a legacy that is going to last a life time.
_l_e_x_y_22
Currently Reading: Drums of Autumn
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-l-e-x-y-22.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by _l_e_x_y_22 »

I love both of these authors so much, it's hard to choose. On one hand we have Stephenie Meyer who wrote very intruiging and interesting YA "romance" novels and on the other we have JK Rowling one of the greatest minds to bless YA fantasy. I would have to choose JK Rowling though. When I was very young I would watch the first Harry Potter movie whenever I could and when I found out they were books it became an obsession for me. As an 11 year old I would stay up past midnight to finish those books and even now I read them from time to time. That's not to say I don't enjoy Twilight anymore, because trust me I do, Harry Potter just has a special place in my heart and my childhood.
cassiekeech2019
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: -2
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by cassiekeech2019 »

I prefer Stephannie Meyer. I really enjoyed reading the Twilight series. I have read some of the Harry Potter books by J. K. Rowling, and they are good, but my vote is for Stephanie Meyer.

Return to “Discuss Authors”