Rainbow Rowell

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
RoxieReads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roxiereads.html
Latest Review: Code Name Lily by Julien Ayotte

Re: Rainbow Rowell

Post by RoxieReads »

Although I haven’t read all of Rowell’s books, she always manages to leave me feeling warm and gooey inside. Her books are a pick-me-up like no other. Meanwhile, I am excitedly anticipating the release of Wayward Son!
~Roxie~
AnxiousSocks
Currently Reading: Ash
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anxioussocks.html
Latest Review: The Miller's Tale by Geoffrey Chaucer (Brian Lamont translator)

Post by AnxiousSocks »

E&P was pure magic, I loved it to bits. I loved Fangirl too (although it was a bit slow at times) and I read Carry On and I loved them all so so much.
Giselle abg
Currently Reading: City of Heavenly Fire
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-giselle-abg.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Giselle abg »

I’ve read Fangirl and I really liked this book a lot! The personality of the main character intrigued me and made me want to see if she was going to be ok.
Angela_2593
Currently Reading: The Way of Kings (The Stormlight Archive, #1)
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angela-2593.html
Latest Review: The Toki-Girl and the Sparrow-Boy Book 1 by Claire Youmans

Post by Angela_2593 »

I read Eleanor and Park a few years ago but I remember I enjoyed it very much and would definitely recommend it. Fangirl was sadly a disappointment for me, fortunately I read Carry On a bit later and it became one my favorite books! The only book I've ever reread, and did it twice. It was too cute and fun, I can't be more excited for Wayward Son.
tasneemharianawala
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by tasneemharianawala »

Angela_2593 wrote: 22 Oct 2019, 08:43 I read Eleanor and Park a few years ago but I remember I enjoyed it very much and would definitely recommend it. Fangirl was sadly a disappointment for me, fortunately I read Carry On a bit later and it became one my favorite books! The only book I've ever reread, and did it twice. It was too cute and fun, I can't be more excited for Wayward Son.
In my opinion Fangirl was amazing. It was a bit boring at first and the plot seemed cliché, but when i got to around the middle the story was awesome. The way she wrote Kath's kiss with Levi was so descriptive and well written I took a picture and sent it to everyone as an example of amazing writing. Though Fangirl doesn't have the titilating plot of Eleanor and Park I think solely because of the way it's written it's just as good.
Bea2wice-143
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bea2wice-143.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Bea2wice-143 »

Eleanor and park is one of my favourite and most unforgettable books. Other than the very pure and heartwarming romance between Eleanor and park, I liked how it broke the teen romance stereotypes and cliches about a popular girl and an attractive jock or the handsome jock and the average girl. The characters were so different but their chemistry and connection was unmatched.

I also loved how it tackled social problems like bullying ,racism, social abuse, family etc. I read it so long ago and my memory of it may be a bit vague but I wouldn't mind reading it all over again.

Return to “Discuss Authors”