Is anyone a fan of Elizabeth Gilbert?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Aspen_Reads
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice+ The Notebook
Currently Reading: too many to count
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aspen-reads.html
fav_author_id: 2379

Is anyone a fan of Elizabeth Gilbert?

Post by Aspen_Reads »

I read Eat Pray Love a few years ago, and I have since then read a lot of her other works, I just find Elizabeth Gilbert to be so inspiring! Does anyone else feel the same? If so, what is your favorite Gilbert book?
"I was born with a reading list I will never finish." -Maud Casey
BookWorm95
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by BookWorm95 »

I read Eat, Pray, Love after watching the movie. This was a huge mistake because the book is 100% better than the movie! This is one of those situations where the book is great because of the author. Yes, it is an amazing story, but what hooked me was how Elizabeth Gilbert shows her personality and attitude. Her writing style and diction is what made me fall in love with her! I have read all of her published novels and I adore every one! Elizabeth Gilbert is who I strive to be as an author; fun, interesting and intelligent with her writing. :D
Dando
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dando.html
Latest Review: "The Broken Gift" by Daniel friedmann

Post by Dando »

I recently read Eat, Pray, Love and I really did not like it. I still really want to read The Last American Man!
Latest Review: "The Broken Gift" by Daniel friedmann
Brandi Noelle
Currently Reading: The Invention of Murder
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brandi-noelle.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by Brandi Noelle »

I read "Eat, Pray, Love" and found I really enjoyed being a part of such an inspiring journey. I am a happily married mom and I love my life, but it was the sort of book that made me wish I could have had an adventure like that of my own in my youth. One where I just dropped everything and did an international soul-search. I think the experience would have been amazing.
Amyb77
Favorite Book: Meditations to the other side
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by Amyb77 »

I am a big fan of Elizabeth Gilbert and Eat Pray Love
Sarah Starling
Favorite Author: Alix E. Harrow
Favorite Book: Starling House
Currently Reading: Love and Other Words
Bookshelf Size: 10084
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-starling.html
Latest Review: Cell Biology For Babies by Dr. Haitham Ahmed
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 176795

Post by Sarah Starling »

I enjoyed Eat, Pray, Love...but her whole life just screams "white privilege." I would rather reads books about cultures by people in the actual culture.
Lil Reads
Currently Reading: Chip’s World: Complex #31 and The Caretaker
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lil-reads.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is not what you think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by Lil Reads »

Brandi Noelle wrote: 24 Oct 2017, 16:33 I read "Eat, Pray, Love" and found I really enjoyed being a part of such an inspiring journey. I am a happily married mom and I love my life, but it was the sort of book that made me wish I could have had an adventure like that of my own in my youth. One where I just dropped everything and did an international soul-search. I think the experience would have been amazing.
I thought she had the experiences from "Eat, Pray, Love" when she was older, an empty nester who had lost her husband and her children were out on their own? Am I misremembering the promotional stuff?
:coffee3-smiley: :auto-mysterymachine:
Oyekunle
Currently Reading: God Will Never Divorce You!
Bookshelf Size: 29

Post by Oyekunle »

I Enjoy Eat,pray,love,but Her Whole Life Just Screams This Is One Of Those Situations Where Book Is Great Because Of The Author
Kia
Currently Reading: Damaged Goods
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kia.html
Latest Review: Wheel of Katarnum by James Calliotte
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Kia »

I adore Elizabeth Gilbert. I follow her on Facebook and she's always posting the greatest stuff. Currently I've only read Eat, Pray, Love (and watch the movie on repeat!) and City of Girls, but I loved them both. I'm eager to read the rest of her work as well.
"Yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it you can either run from it, or learn from it."- Rafiki
_Bokeh
Favorite Book: The King of May
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bokeh.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by _Bokeh »

Yeeesss! Why did I see this just now. I've read Big Magic and I really loved it, especially because it's helped me in my creative journey a lot. I'm yet to read Eat, Pray, Love but it's definitely on my bookshelf. She also has a Big Magic podcast.

Return to “Discuss Authors”