Anyone guilty of not remembering authors?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Anailak
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anailak.html

Re: Anyone guilty of not remembering authors?

Post by Anailak »

For me ts funny because I'll typically remember the author because if I liked a book enough to finish it I most definitely have to go find other books by the same author, however, some of my favorite books I have no idea what the titles were because he only time I ever really look at the title is when I first pick up the book. After that....never look at it again. I really need to start making a list of my favorites.
Xander_22
Currently Reading: The Brothers Karamazov
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-xander-22.html

Post by Xander_22 »

If I don't remember an author that most likely means either I read the book at a young age, or I wasn't the biggest fan of whatever I read by them.
rockandroll
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 772">Bleak House</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48

Post by rockandroll »

There is one book that I can't remember the name or the author. So disappointing. It's about an art heist. I'll have to continue to search for it.
Carmen
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carmen.html

Post by Carmen »

Frequently! And frustrating when you're a part of a conversation about great books, and you're giving a review until someone asks for the authors name. BLANK! Or if you really want to continue a series.
photomom312
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-photomom312.html

Post by photomom312 »

Unless it is an author that I feel I "must" continue reading I seldom remember who wrote the books. I have had a hard time with names my entire life and it just seems to keep getting worse.
lovehayleeg

Post by lovehayleeg »

Absolutely! That and the title of the book. I moreso remember the contents when I happen across a book that I've read in the past. However, I have gotten in the habit of keeping track of the authors that I do enjoy reading or listening to.
Kourtney Bradley
Favorite Book: Bridges of Madison County
Currently Reading: Layla
Bookshelf Size: 412
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kourtney-bradley.html
Latest Review: Dante's Demons by K.L. Barstow
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Kourtney Bradley »

I am so bad at forgetting the authors, and sometimes the titles of the books as well. I met an author years ago and he had written his story about how be became paralyzed from the waist down. I have tried and tried to remember what his name was and still can't.
Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light. :techie-studyingbrown:
–Vera Nazarian
glitchberry
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-glitchberry.html

Post by glitchberry »

I am so bad with names. Honestly I could love a book to death and I would forget the name of the author, and probably the title of the book unless it's right in front of me. Makes it a massive pain when I go to the library, find a book I love, have to return it, and then forget everything except the plot when looking for it again.
CrescentMoon
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crescentmoon.html
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey

Post by CrescentMoon »

Yeah, I do have trouble remembering authors. I actually tend to forget a lot of details, like the title as well. Usually the stories and plots stick with me if I liked it, but I'll have a lot of trouble remembering the author and the title. I do feel bad about it because the authors go through the trouble of writing such great books but I think the authors have done their job well when they write a story that can stick with a person.
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey
Cheese Priestess
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Cheese Priestess »

If I read a trilogy or a series of their work, I can obviously remember the author's name. I am guilty of forgetting author's names, but do remember a good story.
CaitlinE
Currently Reading: The Monstrumologist (The Monstrumologist, #1)
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caitline.html

Post by CaitlinE »

Alllll the time. I do the same with titles! I'm constantly having to google the plot of a book just so I can recommend it to someone else.
Aleah
Currently Reading: The Fault in Our Stars
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aleah.html

Post by Aleah »

All the time. It's really frustrating, especially when I'm trying to recommend a book or saga to someone. I tend to only remember my favourite authors.
jessicam65101
Currently Reading: bite me,your grace
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessicam65101.html

Post by jessicam65101 »

I am definitely like this. It is such a pain too. When I find a book I really like, I want to try other books by the same author to see if I enjoy them as well. But if I don't write it down, I will forget the authors name. In the end though, I just pick a book by a different possible favorite author! :D
Bluroostr1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluroostr1.html
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes

Post by Bluroostr1 »

I can usually remember the plot of my favorite books, including most often the titles, but the author usually eludes me until I pick one up again.
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes
Laney_O

Post by Laney_O »

I do this all the time actually. I keep on getting Ray Bradbury confused with George Orwell and it's super embarrassing. You have no idea how bad I blush whenever I am talking to my English teacher and I just casually say, "For a class book, I think we should read Death is a Lonely Bussiness by George Orwell". Then catch your mistake and realize you should probably get your facts straight.

Return to “Discuss Authors”