If you could bring back an author from the dead

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
luvnatalia555
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luvnatalia555.html

If you could bring back an author from the dead

Post by luvnatalia555 »

Who would it be? I would choose Jane Austen so that she could write more books. I would LOVE to meet her! Also, I think it would be hilarious to see how she would adapt to modern day life. Do any of you have favorite authors that have passed away?
annabel42
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annabel42.html

Post by annabel42 »

Me too – I’d love to quiz her about society in her time - - - - I wonder if she’ll like today’s food? Today’s clothes? Women in trousers? In bathing suits? Women riding horses astride? Holding jobs? Women in politics? Having their own money? Driving? Have our attitudes toward romance changed that much? Politics? I wonder what she’ll make of our national concerns? And so much more. - - - How would she write books? - - - By the way, I’m fascinated bv time travel stories
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

It would have to be George Orwell - I'd want to ask his opinion of the post-1984 world
We fade away, but vivid in our eyes
A world is born again that never dies.
- My Home by Clive James
ralieber

Post by ralieber »

I would bring back Miguel de Cervantes. He wrote Don Quijote, my all time favorite book!
isabelleruth7

Post by isabelleruth7 »

I would have to bring back J. R. R. Tolkien- I would love to talk to him about his inspiration for his books such as Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit. Even just to converse with such a brilliant mind would be astounding!
margaridab98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-margaridab98.html

Post by margaridab98 »

Agatha Christie!!!!
milliethom
Favorite Author: Dorothy Dunnett
Favorite Book: Game of Kings - and numerous others.
Bookshelf Size: 15
fav_author_id: 27343

Post by milliethom »

I think I would pick Dorothy Dunnett, so she can explain to me how she went about doing the research for each of her very complex novels. I absolutely love her plots and characterisation - the latter in particular.
Salma Siddiqui
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salma-siddiqui.html

Post by Salma Siddiqui »

I have to agree with the Jane Austen comment! I wish she were here to see the way that rituals of courtship have become so informal. I would love to know her take on people freely dating, online relationships, and polyamorous relationships as well. I'm sure she would be shocked but she would offer some great advice to empower women in this age!
SidKayy_18

Post by SidKayy_18 »

Dr. Seuss. No doubt.
RussetDivinity
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-russetdivinity.html
Latest Review: "Heart of Flint" by Scott Stricklen

Post by RussetDivinity »

Lloyd Alexander. I love his work, and I wish there could be more of it. I might also choose William Shakespeare, just to see what he would do in a modern world.
Latest Review: "Heart of Flint" by Scott Stricklen
BookFever
Favorite Book: I could not possibly choose.
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookfever.html
Latest Review: "You, in Your Green Shirt" by Barbara Monier

Post by BookFever »

I don't say this to be cruel, but I would choose Randy Pausch. He was diagnosed with a terminal illness which sparked his writing of the book The Last Lecture. This was a man who was thoughtful, analytical, and able to be retrospective about things that would happen in the near future. I really respected and admired his idea to write the book and would love to have met such and bright and caring mind.
Latest Review: "You, in Your Green Shirt" by Barbara Monier
brandijohnosn84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brandijohnosn84.html

Post by brandijohnosn84 »

I would bring back V.C. Andrews
W J Gunning

Post by W J Gunning »

Emile Bronte, the most enigmatic of the Bronte sisters. Wuthering Heights her classic masterpiece has for me been a book that left echoes on my consciousness.
curlybookworm
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-curlybookworm.html
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by curlybookworm »

I'm not only fond of Jane Austen‘s wit and prowess, England’s literary genius. But her charm has lived throughout the century. I just want her resurrected if it's possible, to interview her about her choice of spinsterhood. My sister won a book, Becoming Jane, several years ago. I saw her movie, depicting her life. Yet, that isn't enough!

Pride and Prejudice, and Sense and Sensibility are two of my most-loved novels, she's scribbled. Her classic masterpieces were already made into motion pictures, yet the wonder of reading the novel, its vivid picture, well written were beyond compare!

Aside from her, I want my heroine to be brought to life. She America’s well-published Christian author, Ellen G. White. I'm more than blessed of her numerous books in various topics. I've got my inspiration from her to write and hone my writing craft! She wrote of life's reality, and more of the wonderful things that our Creator has done in my life. :)
suzy1124

Post by suzy1124 »

John Cheever...( the " Chekhov " of the suburbs )
" We don't see things as they are but as we are "

Carpe Diem!

Suzy...

Return to “Discuss Authors”