Stephenie Meyer - Twilight

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
phases
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Stephenie Meyer - Twilight

Post by phases »

I love these books as well. At first I wondered if it was a healthy relationship? Because it felt like a child/parent relationship instead of one on equal ground. But I realized that in ALL relationships have a struggle of some kind. I also realized the Bella character, even though a young teen, was more mature for her age. They fit. Love this series!
rueneyl
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rueneyl.html

Post by rueneyl »

Absolutely loved loved loved the books!

i understand Stephanie Meyer made a tonne of money turning it into a movie but sometimes i wish she didnt do it!

the characters the book felt so real to me, they were really brought to life

however the characters played on screen, especially Kristen Stewart- were so 2 dimensional, flat, cold, detached, unemotional, boring. i would go on but i think you get my point, another reason why good books should remain just that BOOKS!
sharylsdan

Post by sharylsdan »

My daughter and I have totally different views of the Twilight books. My daughter has read them all several times, I on the other hand muddle through once.
The story line was fantastic, the writing not so good. Especially for a little bit older reader. I had trouble with the repetitive "I love you....No you can't....I love you ....no you can't, lasting five pages of the book and then sixty pages later it is the same thing again. In all fairness by the last book I actually did settle into the writing (which got better) and actually enjoyed it. But then it seemed it got over too fast.
But it was a great storyline.
bettiekrueger

Post by bettiekrueger »

The first time I read the series I hated it. I had to force myself to finish it, but I joined a book club a few years later and we read it as a group and I caught the fever. My little sister on the other hand loved the books immediately and didn't care for the film adaptations at all.
nikhanjkanika
Bookshelf Size: 1

Post by nikhanjkanika »

destiny :D
Chilispree
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chilispree.html

Post by Chilispree »

The idea of putting Stephenie Meyer in the same category as JK Rowling is just sad. Meyer's characters were formed based on characteristics of self-sacrifice and undying love. None of them have real personalities or quirks, and their actions and thoughts are entirely predictable. The twilight series is garbage, but it's popular because it satisfies readers and leads them to feel a sense of accomplishment because they can read it so quickly.
booklovingolfer
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booklovingolfer.html

Post by booklovingolfer »

I could not get interested in the Twilight series, but then again I don't really care about reading about vampires.
crazy reader

Post by crazy reader »

Love this series! Although, I could not get past the first chapter of The Host. Why I accept to read about vampires and not aliens....a mystery
Singai Mumma81

Post by Singai Mumma81 »

I liked the book series very much and they very much kept me into it until i finished the whole series.
LarryWilto

Post by LarryWilto »

Team Bella! - John Oliver
xthelostnekox

Post by xthelostnekox »

Wow. She is seriously talented. lol imagine being like that.

Your dreams make you famous
ankop95

Post by ankop95 »

When the first book came out I will have to say I wasn't a big fan of vampires and werewolf novels, but for some reason I gave it a try anyway. And I'm glad I did because her style of writing is pretty good you get attached to the characters and story so quickly its amazing how she does it.
steinhm
Currently Reading: The Silent Boy
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-steinhm.html
Latest Review: "The Mysterious Bakery On Rue De Paris" by Evie Gaughan

Post by steinhm »

I read all of the Twilight books and I kind of wish I hadn't. At first I read them before anyone even knew about them and it definitely wasn't a thing and the movies were still a few years away from coming out, and I didn't mind the first one, but I'm sorry but a book that's main character almost kills herself because she can't have a book? Sorry, not for me.

I thought the books got worse and worse with each one and by the end I didn't have much respect for her as an author. Also-- SIX months??? How is that even real? I really struggle to believe that. I don't even think I could put out a decent short story in 6 months let alone a whole novel!

Has anyone here read The Host? It's also by Stephanie Meyer but much better!
Latest Review: "The Mysterious Bakery On Rue De Paris" by Evie Gaughan
LauraBambrey
Favorite Author: Lucy Robinson
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading: Breath of The Titans by Riley Amos Westb
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laurabambrey.html
Latest Review: "Empire" by Calvin Jones
fav_author_id: 3167

Post by LauraBambrey »

I haven't read these and have only seen snippets of the films - though I am very tempted to find out what all the fuss is about. thing is, I seem to have a bit of a childish reaction when something is mega-popular - I dig my heels in and refuse to look at it! My inner 3 year old I think!!

As for 6 months- maybe that's the case but what these authors often forget to mention is that they've been writing around the idea, dreaming up stories and living with it for years before it finally falls onto the paper.
Latest Review: "Empire" by Calvin Jones
CarolinaBookworm
Currently Reading: The Ruthless Realtor Murders
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by CarolinaBookworm »

I like the Twilight series myself. At first, I wasn't really interested in it. But people kept talking so much about it that I finally decided to give in, read the first book and discover what on earth in was all about: needless to say,the rest was history :D

Return to “Discuss Authors”