Stephenie Meyer - Twilight

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Original Cyn
Favorite Author: Dean Koontz
Favorite Book: Intensity
Bookshelf Size: 0
fav_author_id: 2595

Stephenie Meyer - Twilight

Post by Original Cyn »

Has anyone read the post on Stephenie Meyer's site about how she got Twilight published, here's a blurb:
And that's how, in the course of six months, Twilight was dreamed, written, and accepted for publication.
6 MONTHS????

That's unheard of!!! And now its a multi-million dollar franchise? Some of these authors must live a charmed life, I've been doing this for years. Makes me want to bang my head against a wall.
AwayFromReality

Post by AwayFromReality »

I know, right? XD She said that she had no intention in becoming a writer, yet here she is.
Gosh, I wish I could get that lucky. Lol!
Angélique

Post by Angélique »

I'm very glad she became a writer :D
AwayFromReality

Oh, yes, I know, I am too. I loved Twilight. ^^
iselin

Post by iselin »

heard a lot of positiv reviews about this book, so I decided to start reading it tomorrow:)
AwayFromReality

Oh, awesome! I'm sure you'll like it! :)
You'll have to tell us on here what you think of it. ;)
Somusan

Post by Somusan »

I have done reading the series in English, and am now reading it in my language, Thai. I think they don't do a good job in translating it. I prefer English version, although I need to keep dictionary beside me always :oops:
lovethesuspense

Post by lovethesuspense »

Now she falls asleep on her bed made of money.....
untiedknot

Post by untiedknot »

cool
byersl

Post by byersl »

I have to admit...when the books first came out everyone I knew was reading it and was very hesitant to read the books and was even more hesitant to watch the movie when it came out. Howver when I saw the movie I became very interested to the story line and the characters so now I am starting to read the books. I am in the middle of Twilight and can already see many things that were left out. I am very excited to read the other books! :lol: Stephanie Meyer is such a good writer; once I start reading I can't put it down. How did she come up with the idea/concept of a vampire love story?
billrainier

Post by billrainier »

That one is really great, nice writer. Or better accidental writer.
KiiGlutton

Post by KiiGlutton »

I agree with all of you, she's great I love all the characters she creates in her books, I'm so glad she became a writer even if it was accidental! If you all haven't read The Host yet, I strongly recommend it! I read the Twilight series multiple times before I found this one and I think it instantly became my favourite!, It's very original and her writing is as perfect as Twilight was!
=] enjoy
sharon.gmc

Post by sharon.gmc »

Nice dream. Twilght is one of my favorite books of all time. :wink:
jennipoo7894

Post by jennipoo7894 »

I was very adamant that I wasn't going to jump on the bandwagon and read the series...then I saw the movie. I had to read the books after that. Just finished the last one a couple of nights ago. :)
Lucinda

Post by Lucinda »

Stephanie Meyer, bless her mormon socks, has tapped into the same vein that J K Rowling did. They both explore and exploit the mythicial, and paganistic rites that have been embraced by many authors before them. They tell stories that invite us to revisit and either question, or rejoice in our notions of the after life.
Nothing new.........but done well.

Return to “Discuss Authors”