Who was your favorite author in high school?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
BookHausJ
Currently Reading: Health Tips Myth and Tricks
Bookshelf Size: 667
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookhausj.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Re: Who was your favorite author in high school?

Post by BookHausJ »

Honestly seldom that I read book in high school. Only if there is upcoming exam for a certain subject. But even the name of the author of that book I hardly remember. Only when I reach 40 years start reading books. Late for me to realized the importance of reading bookssssss !!!
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs
kazira antonnette
Currently Reading: The Engine Woman's Light
Bookshelf Size: 58

Post by kazira antonnette »

i dont really remember the authors but i know the book titles.
Never again
The river between
shreds of tenderness
SPasciuti
Favorite Author: Marissa Meyer
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 46410">The Wendy</a>
Currently Reading: Cinder
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spasciuti.html
Latest Review: Samuel by Samuel kidstar
fav_author_id: 2388

Post by SPasciuti »

Christopher Paolini had my heart for the longest time. From grade school, actually, all the way into high school. I loved him for ages. I reread the Inheritance series so often and quickly. It usually took me about a week to finish the three books that were out.
scififantauthor
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by scififantauthor »

Tracy Hickman and Margaret Weis were my favorite authors in high school. I had to read a lot of the classics in honors and AP English classes, but the good'ol Dragonlance series kept me interested in recreational reading.
Mr Benji
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mr-benji.html
Latest Review: Dynomike: Pay It Forward by Frankie B. Rabbit

Post by Mr Benji »

I think that would be William Shakespeare because of his unique style of writing. I remember reading" Macbeth",'Othello'.
Yours sincerely,
Bok48.
scififantauthor
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by scififantauthor »

I love Shakespeare, as well. I just don't know if I would call him my recreational read. I was in theater in high school, and I played Romeo in Romeo and Juliet, Petruchio in The Taming of the Shrew, and Lord Banquo in Macbeth. I had to memorize a lot of lines. That may have slanted my take on Shakespeare. Though, I must admit, it probably made me a far better writer, and improved my reading comprehension ten-fold. I've only read a few of his plays of my own accord.
RebeccasReading
Currently Reading: I, Richard Plantagenet
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rebeccasreading.html
Latest Review: Man of the Sea by Nathan Kippley

Post by RebeccasReading »

same as my current favorite author---George Orwell!
Amystl26
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amystl26.html
Latest Review: The Sparrow by Denna M. Davis

Post by Amystl26 »

ylisa7 wrote: 31 May 2014, 05:27 There was more than one:

S.E. Hinton

V.C. Andrews

Paul Zindel

John Saul
I went through a V.C. Andrews phase myself. :)
Amystl26
Currently Reading:

Post by Amystl26 »

scififantauthor wrote: 24 Jan 2018, 13:32 I love Shakespeare, as well. I just don't know if I would call him my recreational read. I was in theater in high school, and I played Romeo in Romeo and Juliet, Petruchio in The Taming of the Shrew, and Lord Banquo in Macbeth. I had to memorize a lot of lines. That may have slanted my take on Shakespeare. Though, I must admit, it probably made me a far better writer, and improved my reading comprehension ten-fold. I've only read a few of his plays of my own accord.
My boyfriend is a huge Shakespeare fan; I have not jumped on that bandwagon yet! I did just finish reading Vinegar Girl: the contemporary version of The Taming of the Shrew, and thoroughly enjoyed it!
Amystl26
Currently Reading:

Post by Amystl26 »

SPasciuti wrote: 10 Jan 2018, 15:29 Christopher Paolini had my heart for the longest time. From grade school, actually, all the way into high school. I loved him for ages. I reread the Inheritance series so often and quickly. It usually took me about a week to finish the three books that were out.
I have had the Inheritance Series on my TBR list for years it seems like! I need to make this series happen in 2018! :techie-studyinggray: :techie-reference:
Amystl26
Currently Reading:

Post by Amystl26 »

Lg_99 wrote: 26 Dec 2017, 13:50 I used to love Suzanne Collins, The Hunger Games' author, simply because I was obsessed with the trilogy. Since I was not an active reader back then, I thought she was the best of the best. Oh, how wrong I was.
Haha, isn't it funny how our literary muscle grows?! When I look back on some of my favorite authors then (Dan Brown, James Patterson), albeit GREAT authors-- I had no idea what else was waiting for me... :techie-reference:
The BookWorm Nagham
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-bookworm-nagham.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by The BookWorm Nagham »

I was the kind of person (still am) who read everything they came across, but if had to choose I would say : Meg Cabot, J.K. Rolling or Jane Austen
Shakra
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reading Device: B00SZ59XFA

Post by Shakra »

I had a few favourites but one author stood out for me and I got that into his books that I bought as many as I could.

Darren Shan.

I think his books might have actually been what got me addicted to reading...
kimgfien
Currently Reading: The Expelled
Bookshelf Size: 26

Post by kimgfien »

Madeline L’Engle

Her Time Quintet series were charming and educational during a time that was chaotic and stressful for me with boyfriends, peer pressure, and teenage pregnancies being ever-present.

I still don’t have any children yet, but I’m a book devourer re-reading before “A Wrinkle in Time” movie comes to the big screen next month. I’ve already seen a few errors in the movie trailer that differ from the book. This will always ring true “never judge a book my it’s movie”
swirlofink
Currently Reading: 'Rosie, Bara, Gerry & Tom'
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by swirlofink »

I hate to admit this but mine was Cassandra Clare lol. And now I haven’t read a book from her in a few years

Return to “Discuss Authors”