Catherine Anderson Lovers

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
readerromance2003
Favorite Author: Christine Feehan
Favorite Book: Dark Magic
Currently Reading: Red
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readerromance2003.html
fav_author_id: 2573

Catherine Anderson Lovers

Post by readerromance2003 »

Does any one love Catherine Anderson Novels? If so post your favorite book or series or if you like all of her novels what has you hooked!

I love all of Catherine Andersons books. Her character's are always well developed and she is not afraid to go places that some authors are. For example, some of her books deal with main characters having physical and mental impairments. Instead of making them weak and ill she utilizes her writing talent to show how having an illness or impairment can be empowering and overcome with a positive attitude and excepting help from others when needed as well as excepting that they can be loved just the way they are.
Another tool she uses in most of her novels is she writes by linking a family series with another family series which showcases how marrying into a family just broadens the family scope when there comes a need for help, guidance, or support. She utilizes the historical past of the families to tie into the present western family and makes the reader want to be a part of the families even if it is just for a little while. :lol:
Beth E Stevens
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Beth E Stevens »

I have not read any of her books lately but I certainly did read many of her earlier books. Baby Love the Kendrick/Coulter/Harrigan series
lshepard
Currently Reading: Pearl River Mansion
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by lshepard »

I don't believe I have read any of Catherine Anderson books, but would like to learn what they are about. Would any one like to tell me about what she writes about?
Brandi Noelle
Currently Reading: The Invention of Murder
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brandi-noelle.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by Brandi Noelle »

I have always enjoyed Catherine Anderson's Coulter series. She is one of my favorite romance authors that I go to for a warm and fuzzy read.
Cate Mbevi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cate-mbevi.html
Latest Review: The Attuned by Gary B. Haley

Post by Cate Mbevi »

I read Phantom Waltz by Catherine Anderson. She picks a physically challenged woman and glorifies her. It changed all my perception of the physically challenged and on real love. It is my best romance novel. I am hunting for more of her books but I doubt if any could outdo Phantom Waltz
sara2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by sara2 »

I read "Baby Love" back in the 80's. I loved it, loved it. I was actually pregnant at the time which made for a very rich reading experience. Hormones you know. Flash forward 20 years and my daughter is pregnant. I want to share this wonderfully weird,smart, and funny book with her. We could not find it! At the time the internet is a baby too and not communicating as a full grown entity yet. But, we eventually found the novel and my daughter's experience was much like mine. She loved "Baby Love"and reading while pregnant added to the experience. Well, to understand exactly what I'm talking about you would have to be a fan just like the rest of us on this form. So get yourself a copy and be prepared for a baby bumpy ride of a story.
Laura Lee
Currently Reading: Holiday in Death 
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-lee.html
Latest Review: My ABC "Chair" Book by Barbara H. Hartsfield

Post by Laura Lee »

Oh, my goodness! I LOVE Catherine Anderson's tender love stories! If I had to rank my favorites, it would be:

1. Annie's Song
2. Baby Love
3. Phantom Waltz

If you love Anderson, you might also enjoy Julie Garwood's historicals and SOME of Christine Feehan.
Laura Lee

“Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.”
― Groucho Marx, The Essential Groucho: Writings For By And About Groucho Marx

Return to “Discuss Authors”