nicholas sparks

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
KiraMa
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirama.html

Re: nicholas sparks

Post by KiraMa »

Nicholas Sparks is my opinion is one of the best romance novel authors. His writing is not only beauitiful but breathtaking as well. Most of his books are based on the same idea of two people falling in love, and you would think this is repetitive, but trust my words when I say it is not. He brings a new and daring twist to all his books! The way he writes about love makes we wonder if he has lived a life with so much love, or his books are just a mirror image of his fantasies. Either way his books are great reads and I would recommend them to anyone looking to escape this world for a while.
rtubbs77
Currently Reading: Patrick's Journey
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rtubbs77.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by rtubbs77 »

I cant speak from personal experience because romance novels are not my thing, but my sister on the other hand loves his work. And I will admit, from hearing her talk about him did make me look into The Longest Ride and I am guilty of finding it very very enjoyable. He knows how to pull you into a story, care about the characters, and in the end you dont want to see it over.
literarymama16
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-literarymama16.html

Post by literarymama16 »

Nicolas Sparks is an amazing storyteller! I have not read one of his books that wasn't emotionally captivating! His love stories are a beautiful place to escape. True love is something he brings to life in every story. The conflict and resolution in his stories are flawless. The Notebook, The Longest Ride, The Best of Me, and The Choice are my favorites.
Gypsyluna1

Post by Gypsyluna1 »

I love all Nicholas Sparks' books. He does such a good job of putting tons of feeling into his books. He does a good job of making it almost impossible to put any of the books down. I would have to say one of my favorites is The Longest Ride. It has just enough action and 2 very beautiful love stories.
Sarah G
Favorite Author: Brandon Sanderson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-g.html
Latest Review: Smith by Sam B Miller II
fav_author_id: 4040

Post by Sarah G »

I've only read a few of his books so far. They are very nice short love stories that don't get lost in the moment like most. You never feel bogged down with anything too 'lovey-dovey' which is definitely a plus point for me :D
The purpose of a storyteller is not to tell you how to think, but to give you questions to think upon
James Guevara

Post by James Guevara »

I have read about 6 books by Nicholas Sparks. What i really enjoy about them is that all of his novels take place in towns in North Carolina. His writing style is very nice and judging the books that I have read of his, he really understands the flow of a book because his books have very good flow and a good writing style. Even though he is male, he really does know how to pull at a reader's heartstrings. Most of his work is more adult romance, but yeah I would recommend The Notebook, The Lucky One, and Nights In Rodanthe.
Momma137
Bookshelf Size: 77

Post by Momma137 »

I have read every book he has written and my favorites are A Bend in The Road and A Walk to Remember.
crazyrussianmaria
Favorite Author: Margaret Mitchell
Currently Reading: Unearthly
Bookshelf Size: 414
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crazyrussianmaria.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 2998

Post by crazyrussianmaria »

My opinion about Nicholas Sparks is not a very favorable one. I have read two books by him, A Walk to Remember and The Notebook and they were mediocre at best. A Walk to Remember was by far better than The Notebook even though that didn't blow me away either. I think women write more heartfelt romances and this one was just a little too much for me, maybe a little too cheesy. I can't pinpoint the exact reason he's not my favorite but I've read better romance novels by other authors. I will read other books by him because I want to see if there's a better one.

Also, I thought the movie of The Notebook was much better then the book. I mean, the ending in the movie seems so much better to me than in the book. It kind of rubbed me the wrong way. Anyone else felt the same way?
"You still think love can save us. It's more killing than hate. Hate is so clean, so simple, like being in the ring. With hate, you just keep hitting; you hit until they stop hitting back. With love, they never stop."--- Colleen McCullough
marriedtoallen
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marriedtoallen.html

Post by marriedtoallen »

I absolutely love Nicholas Sparks, I would love to sit down with him for five minutes. Just to figure out where his inspiration comes from. I have so many favorites from The Choice, to A Walk to Remember.

He is a very talented man, and I hope that with him divorcing his wife that he does not lose the ability to write romance and sorrow.
cranej80
Currently Reading: love your life not theirs
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cranej80.html
Latest Review: "Food Gift Recipes From Nature's Bounty" by Lilly Robbins Brock
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by cranej80 »

teddybear45 wrote:I fell in love with Noah and Allie's story in The Notebook.
I completely agree. The way he writes his characters makes you love his stories even more.
Latest Review: "Food Gift Recipes From Nature's Bounty" by Lilly Robbins Brock
renaemcbrian

Post by renaemcbrian »

I read Nicholas Sparks when I want something with a lot of feels, but don't want to put any actual effort into reading. His books are good, but... I would honestly rather watch their adaptations. However, the fact that a man can write so many books that are in a genre that is typically read by women is impressive.
EmmaBookish
Currently Reading: First
Bookshelf Size: 379

Post by EmmaBookish »

the notebook is a really great movie, i think one of those cases where the movie is actually better than the book. The book was still good, dont get me wrong, but it was quite short and instead of going chronologically it focusses more on them in the aged home and has little flashbacks to their teenage years. a walk to remember movie was also good, so i am going to read that as well to see what it is like
cogarae
Currently Reading: Mary
Bookshelf Size: 297
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cogarae.html

Post by cogarae »

I read and finished the choice last month. I saw so Many bad reviews on it but I don't agree with them. I liked the book a lot.
Kaitlyn12
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 0">Lost</a>
Currently Reading: City of Bones
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlyn12.html
Latest Review: "Merikh's Daughter" by Gabriela M. Sanchez

Post by Kaitlyn12 »

I absolutely love Nicholas Sparks books! I feel he does an amazing job of writing romance novels. Sometimes, they don't seem like they could be realistic, but they are still wonderful books. I think the movie adaptations of his books are great, too. I always watch them when I am home alone because I always cry!
Latest Review: "Merikh's Daughter" by Gabriela M. Sanchez
Kimkay15

Post by Kimkay15 »

I haves loved every Nicholas sparks book I've ever picked up to read. I would say I can't just pick one to recommend reading. There's too many good ones. :)

Return to “Discuss Authors”