nicholas sparks

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
blueangel
Bookshelf Size: 0

nicholas sparks

Post by blueangel »

what can you say about Nicholas Sparks and his bestselling books?
what are your thoughts regarding a male author writing romance/love themed novels??
sjwert

Post by sjwert »

I have just recently finished reading Nicholas Sparks' "The Choice". The one thing I really love about his books, they are short and sweet. It doesn't take long to get through one of books and they always grab your attention first thing. I actually like having a male write romance novels because you seem to have more, should I say, "tenderness" in the novel. I'm not a big romance novel reader, because I don't like the trashy novels, but I believe Nicholas Sparks does a very good job relaying the sensitive side of the male perspective.

As for suggesting what to read there's a few that I have read that are really good

A Bend in the Road
The Choice
A Walk to Remember
The Notebook
Nights in Rodanthe

Personally, A Bend in the Road, was my favorite.
sharon.gmc

Post by sharon.gmc »

Nicholas Sparks is a genius because he is able to get into "feminine" feelings in his women characters. . . . I love A Walk to Remember. . .
klb512

Post by klb512 »

I highly recommend reading Three Weeks With My Brother.

Non-fiction, and a really amazing story.

After I read this I was then able to understand how
he can write with such emotion.
blue_doona32

Post by blue_doona32 »

I'm not sure i like it... i'm not a big "romance" person and even though his stuff is no where near danielle steele (yuk!), i still don't really care for it...
the difference between the right word and the almost right is really a large matter. It is the difference between the lightning bug and the lightning ~Mark Twain
teddybear45

Post by teddybear45 »

I fell in love with Noah and Allie's story in The Notebook.
Steffani

Post by Steffani »

I think my favorite book he wrote was The Choice, but then again I've read them all and love each of them. :lol:
Electronic Cigar

Post by Electronic Cigar »

A Walk to Remember is an amazing book. I could imagine my life if I hadn't read that book. It changed how I though about a lot of different things in my life.
sharon.gmc

Post by sharon.gmc »

He's a genius man. The greatest writer of love stories.
DreamWeaver121
Favorite Author: Jim Butcher
fav_author_id: 2907

Post by DreamWeaver121 »

One of the gretest writers ever. The notebook is one of the saddest yet most beautiful love stories of all time. I read it all the time and evry single time it makes me cry. :cry:
Life is not a bed of roses its a valley of thorns twisting and tearing into the strands of time. But, in the middle of every valley their is a river. If you find that river follow it. For it shall lead you to the sea. Then you will finally be free.
-MO
crawford

Post by crawford »

I am surprised that nobody has mentioned ¨Message in a Bottle¨. That is such a sad story it made me cry :(

I love his books, though I haven´t been so keen on his last couple of books.
Marissaann08

Post by Marissaann08 »

I just wanted to make this one for all the books hes written. I am obsessed with his books and just finished safe haven. it was really really good. What is your favorite?
Perrywinkle47

Post by Perrywinkle47 »

Yeah I have read great reviews of his work.. Haven't gotten a chance to read any as yet!
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

Like the curate's egg ... good in parts

I thought 'The Notebook' & 'Dear John' were very good but I didn't like 'At First Sight' & I found 'The Guardian' very predictable.
smellymonkey

Post by smellymonkey »

I read Dear John and i hated it to be honest but i would be willing to give him a second chance as he did write 'The Notebook' which is one of my favourite films.

Return to “Discuss Authors”