Your TOP-THREE Favorite Authors!

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
TinyPooky
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Your TOP-THREE Favorite Authors!

Post by TinyPooky »

Nora Roberts/JD Robb, JK Rowling/Robert Galbraith, and Cassandra Clare.
TracyW
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tracyw.html

Post by TracyW »

This is actually constantly changing for me over the years. Currently a little obsessed with romance and some paranormal novels.

Maya Banks
Kresley Cole
Linda Lael Miller
Emy Katherine
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 430
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emy-katherine.html
Latest Review: 9 Days of Piper Snow by Daniella Blechner
Reading Device: B07953N411

Post by Emy Katherine »

1)Colleen Hoover
2)Brittainy C. Cherry
3)Penelope Ward
Freida Livery
Bookshelf Size: 2897
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Freida Livery »

Daniel Silva (Gabriel Allon Series)
J R Ward (BDB Series)
Jim Butcher (Dresden Files)

These are the ones I find myself re-reading on a regular basis.
"Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like."
— Lemony Snicket
Nicole638
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Nicole638 »

Patrick Ness, R.J Palacio, Rachel Caine
lmoses
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lmoses.html
Latest Review: "Incandescent" by Shannon Avangeline

Post by lmoses »

This is really hard for me! I think my favorite authors change constantly. At this moment:
James Patterson
Randi Cooley Wilson
J.J. McAvoy
Latest Review: "Incandescent" by Shannon Avangeline
Jevans25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jevans25.html

Post by Jevans25 »

My top three favorite authors would have to be Lurlene McDaniel, Caroline B. Cooney, and R.L. Stine.
lily_kh87
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lily-kh87.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by lily_kh87 »

Franz Kafka
Agatha Christie
Paulo Coelho
barb429
Bookshelf Size: 176
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barb429.html
Latest Review: "Tears That Changed a Nation" by Charles L. Tucker
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by barb429 »

Stephen King, Neil Gaimen, Peter Straub
Latest Review: "Tears That Changed a Nation" by Charles L. Tucker
hamartia87

Post by hamartia87 »

In no particular order: J.K. Rowling, Rick Riordan, and Cassandra Clare. I have read all of their books more times that I can remember. When I have nothing to read, or am feeling a little down, then I pick up one of their books and crack it open. I never get bored re-reading them. And I love when they write new ones. I love how they all seem to never want to stop writing new books.
michaelf58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michaelf58.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by michaelf58 »

My top three favorite authors are James Patterson, Stephen King, and Janet Evanovich. :)
Beauty and the Books
Currently Reading: A Court of Mist and Fury
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beauty-and-the-books.html

Post by Beauty and the Books »

Only three? Wow. Well, that's pretty hard, but the first one that came to mind was Jennifer L. Armentrout, who also writes under the name J. Lynn. I love her character and she has such interesting stories. All of her girl characters are cute yet bad ass and sassy while remaining completely different. Her boys are dreamy and lovable. They're always my favorite book boyfriends.

Next would probably be J. K. Rowling. She is such a vivid writer that I always feel like I'm living inside her books.

Lastly would probably be Cassandra Clare. I love all of her shadow hunter series'. She wows me with how much she is doing with the one topic and yet her books haven't gotten boring. I love how different each series is and all her boy characters are lovable and easily make my book boyfriend list too. Her girl characters are each so different and unique in their own ways which I enjoy as well.
Nichol

Post by Nichol »

PashaRu wrote:Three of my favorites - Charles Dickens, O. Henry, Arthur Conan Doyle
This! :tiphat:
looks4stuff
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-looks4stuff.html

Post by looks4stuff »

Wow, this is a difficult question. Since westerns are my favorite I would say Zane Grey, then Graham Hancock and lastly Robert Ludlum.
lane_vespertine
Currently Reading: Ilium
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lane-vespertine.html
Latest Review: "Hell Holes 2" by Donald Firesmith

Post by lane_vespertine »

KiKiIsASweetie wrote:Stephen King. Octavia E. Butler. And Jane Austen.
I love it when I find someone who appreciates Octavia E. Butler as much as I do!
She is easily my most recommended author. It seems that anyone I talk to who loves science fiction has never heard of her, but she belongs in the cannon along with Isaac Asimov, Frank Herbert, and Philip K. Dick!
Whenever I do run into circles where she is given her due, it is because she is either a woman or black. This is completely justified as unfortunately both groups are underappreciated in the literary world. But I wish she could be appreciated and valued as not just a black woman but more simply as a really compelling and interesting author! Maybe with time this will happen.

Going back to my favorite three authors:

Octavia E. Butler- For all the reasons previously stated.

Frank Herbert- To be honest, this is only because of the first Dune book. I like the others just fine, but they can get a bit overbearing. The first book is one of the few books I ever reread. Normally, there are just too many unread books to waste time going back over the same territory again and again. But for Dune, I make an exception. The paradigm Herbert created is so complete and fascinating, I discover something new every time. Two years ago, I downloaded the audio play version of Dune on Audible.com, and this is now my preferred method of reading (or listening) this book.

Jack London- I have to include Mr. London. Yes, I know he was something of a faker, and that he never had any life experiences that came close to his stories. But, as a kid, he was the first author I encountered who seemed like he wrote books for ME! I felt like I was his only intended audience. Every single word caught me, tied me up, made me feel everything. I reread Call of the Wild whenever I go camping or hiking. It still gets me. Also, as someone who has made a habit of moving every year for most of his adult life, actual books are something of a hassle. I like them as much as the next person, but electronic books are much easier to ship and carry ;) Call of the Wild is my only proper paper book that HAS to come with me, and is best read when no electricity is present :D
Latest Review: "Hell Holes 2" by Donald Firesmith

Return to “Discuss Authors”