F. Scott Fitzgerald

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
sydneyraine
Favorite Author: J.K Rowling
Currently Reading: Forever Twelve
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sydneyraine.html

Re: F. Scott Fitzgerald

Post by sydneyraine »

The only book I have read by him is The Great Gatsby, which I just read a few months ago and loved! I think I'm going to soon read some of his other books considering how much I loved The Great Gatsby. Any recommendations? :D
Rebelpoet
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rebelpoet.html

Post by Rebelpoet »

The great gatsby is overrated but I would recommend any of his short stories. In his books I think he rambles, which I love because I'm that kind of writer too!, but his short stories are really special.
FlorilegiumNYC
Currently Reading: M Train
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-florilegiumnyc.html

Post by FlorilegiumNYC »

I am reading his works now actually! Beautiful writing I think some writers are best at descriptive language. I have been a big fan of stories by Simon Van Booy who gives me that same impression. Most of his characters have very diverse plots and personalities yet you can tell when he throws in a beautiful thought or idea through the use of a character, it's him.

I appreciate these things because its actually just poetry being added into storytelling and for me, that never gets in the way of anything, only gives me a moment to stop contemplate the lovely sentence and appreciate that moment the writer had given me.
meigui22
Favorite Author: Tolstoy
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by meigui22 »

The Great Gatsby, Tender Is the Night are amaaazing!! also want to read This Side of Paradise
Jackie Perrotti
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jackie Perrotti »

Yes, I was forced to read The Great Gatsby in school and at first I found it just ehh, but the second time I read it I loved it. I am also reading The Beautiful and Damned now and it is a lovely read. I will admit that I got distracted by another book that a friend from Goodreads raved about, but from where I am in TBAD, Anthony Patch kind of reminds me of Holden from The Catcher in the Rye and that only keeps me more interested.
Brandi Noelle
Currently Reading: The Invention of Murder
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brandi-noelle.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by Brandi Noelle »

I loved Gatsby, as most do. But, I find the real life of Fitzgerald and his wife, Zelda, to be even more fascinating. Non-fiction books on them or fictional works based on their life are very interesting.
Kat Berg
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Raven's Peak</a>
Currently Reading: James Baldwin
Bookshelf Size: 223
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kat-berg.html
Latest Review: Why Am I Here by Melvin Bell
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Kat Berg »

There were a couple of times The Great Gatsby was a mandatory book for me, but I never could get into it. (I have no idea how I did well on the papers and tests, as I have never finished it.) It is sacrilege to say that do not care for F. Scott Fitzgerald where I live, but I find him dull. Maybe now that I am much older I should try it again...
melleigha
Currently Reading: 30th century:escape
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by melleigha »

Even my husband loves The Great Gatsby and he hates to read. F. Scott Fitzgerald is just a great writer all-around.
Insightsintobooks729
Currently Reading: Meet your soul
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-insightsintobooks729.html
Latest Review: "Discovering My Life's Purpose: From Tragedy to Triumph" by Bridgid Ruden
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Insightsintobooks729 »

I read The Great Gatsby in high school and have recently re read it as well as some of his other works, he's a great writer.
"I cannot live without Books" - Thomas Jefferson
Latest Review: "Discovering My Life's Purpose: From Tragedy to Triumph" by Bridgid Ruden
Tzara Drusak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tzara-drusak.html
Latest Review: Happy Healing by Dominique Bourlet

Post by Tzara Drusak »

I think my signature says it all.
And in the end, we were all just humans... Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness.

-F. Scott Fitzgerald-
DancingLady
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 108
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dancinglady.html
Latest Review: Believe What You Want To Believe by Alicia Kristine and George Williams

Post by DancingLady »

I can’t say his books are favorites but I did enjoy The Great Gatsby quite a bit. I thought it was a very good window into an era that was prettt unique in history as well as rather short. It seemed like a very different culture as well, though that could have been because I’ve never even visited the region where it takes place.
Corina Elena
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-corinaelena.html
Latest Review: Guilt by David Taylor Black

Post by Corina Elena »

I have actually recently purchased a copy of The Great Gatsby from Shakespeare and Company in Paris, just because Fitzgerald used to hang out there when he was writing and also because they put a really nice stamp on the books you buy from them. Yes, I really enjoy his writing, I love how he explores society and how he exposes his time period. It is very real and his flawed characters make it even more interesting.

Return to “Discuss Authors”