Young adult authors?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Jenevieve
Currently Reading: Carry On
Bookshelf Size: 13

Re: Young adult authors?

Post by Jenevieve »

I love YA books! I'm a big fan of Richelle Mead, Jacqueline Woodson, and Rainbow Rowell. I like Sonya Hartnett and Laura Ruby as well!
jer_steph82010
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jer-steph82010.html

Post by jer_steph82010 »

I'm about to turn 28 and love young adult books! I hardly read any others.
annieeb
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annieeb.html
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks

Post by annieeb »

It's hard for me to read anything other than YA. I think I started to love them so much because of amazing authors I discovered like Shannon Hale and Lauren Kate. They made me fall in love with the fantasy writing and the YA books they wrote.
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
gorgeousmay1417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gorgeousmay1417.html

Post by gorgeousmay1417 »

Yes!!
Cindy Miles wrote one of my favorite books: Forevermore
Kristin and P.C. Cast co-wrote the "House of Night" series
Melissa Grey is doing awesome on "The Girl at Midnight" series
Sandra Byrd with "Red Velvet" was very good and touching
Meg Cabot has A LOT such as: "Pants on Fire" "She Went all the Way" "Ready or Not" and many more
Jennifer Estep with the Mythos Academy series
Marlene Perez wrote the Nightshade Series
Lee Nichols with the Haunting Emma series
These are a few suggestions for YA authors and books
KacieLW
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kacielw.html
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller

Post by KacieLW »

I read YA books more than anything else. Ultimately I would like to write YA at some point because that's what I love reading the most. The older I get, I still enjoy reading these and although I have gotten into more adult books, I will still read more YA than adult.
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller
SarahNewtown
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarahnewtown.html

Post by SarahNewtown »

I am 28 years old and YA is my favorite genre. I am just getting back into it after a long break, though. I had the unfortunate misconception that I was "too old" for YA for a while. I've since smartened up. My favorite authors are Lois Lowry, J.K. Rowling, and Suzanne Collins. I am currently enjoying reading Amanda Sun's work and may add her to the list. I have quite a long must read list including the Across the Universe series, the Matched Series, the Selection series, and the Legend series. I have also thoroughly enjoyed The Uglies series and The City of Ember series in the past. I will admit that there are some popular YA series that I haven't been able to get into, even though I have tried. The Mortal Instruments, The Maze Runner, Delirium, and Insurgent to name a few.
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

My favorite right now is Jenny Han. I like Meg Cabot as well.

I'm going to have to start adding Jay Asher to my list too. I recently found out he writes graphic novels too. I love writers who don't stick to one genre or form.
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
bibliognost
Currently Reading: The Thinker's Way
Bookshelf Size: 135
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by bibliognost »

I came home from ALA Midwinter with about 50 YA books. I really enjoyed And Then There Were Four by Nancy Werlin. I was not familiar with her work, but the book did a great job of presenting diversity issues without telegraphing it. I'm going to look for more of her work.
milyjohnson
Currently Reading: Nimue
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by milyjohnson »

I like to read young adult novels too. I find those books to be just as interesting as books that are about adults.
catherinesomers
Favorite Author: Gillian Flynn
Bookshelf Size: 22
fav_author_id: 1801

Post by catherinesomers »

My sister is 28, I'm 22 and she is always telling me to read more "serious" kind of books, I just can't help it. Young Adult books, SOMETIMES, are the best thing that can happen to my day, plus I feel like I keep growing with them or am reminded about things that sometimes being the age that I am and with the responsabilities that I have, often seem to forget.
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

I am definitely past young but I totally enjoyed Harry Potter. In fact, I still read children's books whenever I get the chance.
ebethina
Currently Reading: Homeport
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebethina.html
Latest Review: "Temptation Trials Part II" by B. Truly

Post by ebethina »

I don't mind some of them. I don't really like young adult romance as most of the time they seem realistic. Except I will admit I did get into the Twilight Saga series which isn't something I would normally read but found myself not being able to put down.
Latest Review: "Temptation Trials Part II" by B. Truly
melleigha
Currently Reading: 30th century:escape
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by melleigha »

I am a big fan of them.
Placid Distortion
Favorite Author: Scott Westerfeld
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-placid-distortion.html
Latest Review: "My Author Is Dead" by Michel Bruneau
fav_author_id: 3521

Post by Placid Distortion »

Most of my bookshelf on this site is YA books simply because they were the among favorites and what I read most of when I was most active with reading, so they were the first that came to mind. I actually had to search my files to remember what non-YA books I've read simply so my bookshelf wouldn't look like that of a 15 year old. Scott Westerfeld has long been my favorite author to the extent that even as a young adult I sought out his older, non-YA works just to read them so I could say I had, and conversely, despite now being a mostly responsible adult, I still seek out his more recent works and try to keep up with his blog when I can or remember to. I've heard good things about Catherynn M. Valente and her wordy-titled fairyland series but have yet to getting around to reading them.
Latest Review: "My Author Is Dead" by Michel Bruneau
chrstnafd
Currently Reading: Out of Darkness
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by chrstnafd »

I think the reason why I like Young Adult is because it suits in my age and I think it has great climax and I find it enjoyable.

Return to “Discuss Authors”