Favourite Jodi Picoult Books!!!

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
greenapplesea
Bookshelf Size: 0

Favourite Jodi Picoult Books!!!

Post by greenapplesea »

Hi everyone! :P

This is my first post here so I'm very excited and hope Jodi Picoult fans will post some opinions! :oops:

I was just wondering which of Jodi Picoults novels are your personal favourites? I'm currently reading Plain Truth- it's my fourth Picoult novel and feel that I'm starting to try and guess the ending based on her writing style and I really need to stop!!!! :cry:

Maybe I should take a breather in between each of her books and read something completely different?? :?:

What do you guys think?
And of course if you have any recommendations on her best books then I'd really appreciate it!!! :D
perksofbeingme

Post by perksofbeingme »

I love Jodi. I've read several of her books, The pact, plain truth my sister's keeper, vanishing acts, salem falls, the tenth circle, harvesting the heart, change of heart, nineteen minutes.... and i think that may be it. my fave was nineteen minutes, but be warned its very dark. What jodi books have u read?
How happy is the blameless Vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot. Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd.
Biblioklept

Post by Biblioklept »

I must admit I have never read a Jodi Picoult book because the people who have recommended her to me all read next to nothing but romance so I assumed that was her genre. I have since discovered that this is not so and have picked up 2 of her books in my travels and plan to read them soon.
Always read stuff that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it.
P. J. O'Rourke
jwalker73
Currently Reading: The Good Mother
Bookshelf Size: 291
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jwalker73.html
Latest Review: The Truth About Parallel Lines by Jill D. Block
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by jwalker73 »

I have enjoyed all her books. Nineteen minutes was very good.
CassyS
Currently Reading: Trauma Stewardship
Bookshelf Size: 814
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cassys.html
Latest Review: "A Good Boy" by Anthony Andre

Post by CassyS »

This is such a toss up for me! I love Jodi Picoult and have read all of her books. I have liked each of them, but I think my absolute favorites are Nineteen Minutes, My Sister's Keeper, Handle With Care, and Lone Wolf.
Latest Review: "A Good Boy" by Anthony Andre
EllieLieberman
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Drank the Moon
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellielieberman.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

Post by EllieLieberman »

I have not read many Jodi Picoult books, but I greatly enjoyed the book she wrote with her daughter, Between the Lines. It was unique and an excellent read. I recently got it back from lending out to a friend who enjoyed it as much as I did.
flaming_quills
Currently Reading: Americanah
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flaming-quills.html
Latest Review: Advent Of Silver by Atilla K. Zengin

Post by flaming_quills »

Nineteen Minutes was by far the best Jodi Picoult book I read. Everything from the writing style to the story and character arcs was on point. I enjoyed it so much that I went out and bought a copy despite owning the ebook.
tsh1001
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tsh1001.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by tsh1001 »

I have not read ANY Jodi Picoult, I am curious to... I'm just a little apprehensive because I'm afraid that I will be disappointed because there is so my hype about her..... like Nicholas Sparks.......
"I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."
Suzz48

Post by Suzz48 »

I love Jodi Picoult. I have read many of her books and have never been disappointed.
Carolreads30
Favorite Author: Adriana Trigiani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carolreads30.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon
fav_author_id: 8071

Post by Carolreads30 »

I must say that I have never read a Jodi Picoult book. I believe my friend just recently read one that she was telling me about. I will have to ask her, if I remember, the next time we talk.
lwahls2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lwahls2.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by lwahls2 »

Leaving Time is one of my absolute favorite Jodi Picoult books. She makes me want to go to a rescue sanctuary and save all of the elephants.The plot twists in her books are just wonderful. Always keep me guessing until the very end.
Laura Martin

“Because when you are imagining, you might as well imagine something worthwhile.”
― Lucy Maud Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Kansas City Teacher
Review Team Admin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kansas-city-teacher.html
Latest Review: Project: 211 by Sammy Maida

Post by Kansas City Teacher »

I love this author so much that I asked our librarian to order her titles so our high school students can read her. Lone Wold and the one about the elephants (don't remember the title) are my favorite. What you think will happen will not happen.
Leen282
Currently Reading: Live Your Life of Abundance
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leen282.html
Latest Review: Beautifully Scarred by Cewanda Todd

Post by Leen282 »

I read my sisters keeper several years ago, and I found it a superb book but very intense and emotional, I still get tears in my eyes when thinking about it. Are her other books also this intense?
cxsimpson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cxsimpson.html
Latest Review: How to Generate and Earn Royalty Income by Marina Peters

Post by cxsimpson »

My top 3 are My Sister's Keeper, The Pact, and Nineteen Minutes, but I have enjoyed most of her books. She does have a couple that have paranormal aspects and I have never been too interested in that topic.

Return to “Discuss Authors”