who is your guiltiest pleasure author?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
the-quirky-ravenclaw
Currently Reading: A work in progress
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: who is your guiltiest pleasure author?

Post by the-quirky-ravenclaw »

Rachel Renee Russel
missbookworm

Post by missbookworm »

Another guilty pleasure author of mine is R.L. Stine. I remember reading his books as a preteen and teenager, the Fear Street series being my favorite, and the ones that I reread now. Sometimes I just like to read them for nostalgic reasons. The first is that I used to read them. The second is that they're set in the 90s (I think some were in the early 2000s, but I can't remember), so I'm reminded of stuff that was around when I was younger.
PyrateMommy355441
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pyratemommy355441.html
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by PyrateMommy355441 »

Dan Brown.
Kate_Guinn81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kate-guinn81.html

Post by Kate_Guinn81 »

I've felt a little bit of guilt reading Young Adult fiction, I guess because I stopped reading them when I was about twelve and I'm now a mother of two in her thirties. But I loved Suzanne Collins' Hunger Games Trilogy and James Dashner's The Maze Runner series. Favorite so far: Marissa Meyer's Lunar Chronicles.
MarkBrantingham

Post by MarkBrantingham »

When it comes to reading, I don't get the guilty pleasure thing. There's only stuff I like, and stuff I don't like.
WillWalter13
Currently Reading: The darkest part of the forest
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-willwalter13.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by WillWalter13 »

Sara Shepard. Her Pretty Little Liars books are like crack!
Jewels951

Post by Jewels951 »

Definitely Lora Leigh.
Love her books!
Wild Card was the first book I have ever read from her and it was epic!
Terer893

Post by Terer893 »

julia fierro, author of cutting teeth, shares her guiltiest pleasures & giveaway.

one of the most anticipated debut novels of 2014, cutting teeth takes place one late-summer weekend as a group of thirty something couples gather at a shabby beach house on long island, their young children in tow.
Arienettles
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by Arienettles »

Ann Brashares, especially The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants. The guilty part comes from the fact that I was a huge tomboy growing up and I'm generally not into things that are super girly, but these are the best. They're the kind of books that make you bawl, yet somehow feel better.
nextlinds25
Bookshelf Size: 52

Post by nextlinds25 »

AM Hudson and the Dark Secret Series........muahahahaha!
Kate_woodside
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kate-woodside.html

Post by Kate_woodside »

Shakespeare. Definitely Shakespeare. I uses to hate him until my last year of high school when I really started to understand his writing style. I have most of his collection now.
RussetDivinity
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-russetdivinity.html
Latest Review: "Heart of Flint" by Scott Stricklen

Post by RussetDivinity »

Mercedes Lackey, definitely.
Latest Review: "Heart of Flint" by Scott Stricklen
_hbanga
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 8">Perfect Chemistry</a>
Currently Reading: Save the Last Bullet for God
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hbanga.html

Post by _hbanga »

I would have to say Sophie Kinsella, although I do not feel guilty reading her work. She is honestly so hilarious and I connect with the main characters most of the time. My all time favourite of by her is I've Got your Number, I do not know if I have ever laughed as much as I have reading this book than any other one. Her books are light and silly and they just make you feel good once your done! Definitely one of my favourite authors.
pinkster4506
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pinkster4506.html

Post by pinkster4506 »

Nora Roberts and Julie Garwood. I once had a boss who called a book "Brain candy" not a book that teaches you something, but is simply 100% enjoyment and you don't have to think while reading it. There is just something about these two that gives me total Brain candy feels. I anxiously await their new releases each year. I own dozens of their books, and I re-read them constantly!
lmoses
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lmoses.html
Latest Review: "Incandescent" by Shannon Avangeline

Post by lmoses »

Right now, my guilty pleasure author is R.K. Lilley. She writes The Up in The Air series and Tristan and Danika Series, which exist in the same worlds, and I Love her alpha males!
Latest Review: "Incandescent" by Shannon Avangeline

Return to “Discuss Authors”