who is your guiltiest pleasure author?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
lisalynn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisalynn.html
Latest Review: Sex on every Paige by Graham Spaid

Re: who is your guiltiest pleasure author?

Post by lisalynn »

Robert E. Howard, and subsequent authors who took up the mantle of the Conan books.
Artizi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-artizi.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Artizi »

I'd have to say, Sidney Sheldon. He's a good writer but the themes of his books are definitely not overly complex. I love them nonetheless.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies
CommMayo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-commmayo.html
Latest Review: Changed by Vicki Stiefel
Reading Device: B00G2Y4WNY

Post by CommMayo »

gen_g wrote: 10 Dec 2018, 03:32 I agree; I studied lit in Uni as well, and I definitely have my guilty pleasures. I think I would be missing out on a lot if all I read were literary works. I suppose mine would be the BDB series by JR Ward! I also enjoy Christopher Pike's older works, but alas they don't come by often.
I too have an English degree for my undergraduate studies...but there is nothing better than getting the latest Black Dagger Brotherhood book in from the library. Currently listening to The Thief in preparation of checking out The Savior. I can't freakin' wait!

Want some real guilty pleasure in a similar fantasy track, try Kresley Cole's Immortals After Dark series.
gen_g
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

CommMayo wrote: 15 May 2019, 13:07
gen_g wrote: 10 Dec 2018, 03:32 I agree; I studied lit in Uni as well, and I definitely have my guilty pleasures. I think I would be missing out on a lot if all I read were literary works. I suppose mine would be the BDB series by JR Ward! I also enjoy Christopher Pike's older works, but alas they don't come by often.
I too have an English degree for my undergraduate studies...but there is nothing better than getting the latest Black Dagger Brotherhood book in from the library. Currently listening to The Thief in preparation of checking out The Savior. I can't freakin' wait!

Want some real guilty pleasure in a similar fantasy track, try Kresley Cole's Immortals After Dark series.
Ooh, I just checked out Blood Fury from the library, but I have yet to read it - I'm sure it won't let me down!

I've heard of Kresley Cole, but haven't got a chance to read her books yet. I'll definitely check them out, thanks for the recommendation!
RoxieReads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roxiereads.html
Latest Review: Code Name Lily by Julien Ayotte

Post by RoxieReads »

Sara J Maas for me! I disagree strongly with some of the messages about relationships in her books, but I still can’t get away from her writing or storylines.
~Roxie~
lilywingz82
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by lilywingz82 »

I have a lit degree but my guilty pleasures are psychological thrillers and procedurals. Among my favorite authors in these genres are Gillian Flynn, Tana French, and Michael Robotham.
Mommabear1521
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Mommabear1521 »

I am a James Rollins fan. I have yet to read one of his books that I don't like. Before I even turn the first page I am hooked and will stay up late at night reading. There is drama, suspense, romance, twists and turns. There is nothing im don't love about his books.
Felicity Granger
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-felicity-granger.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Felicity Granger »

I've begun this unhealthy fujoshi journey, and got swept up in the Damon Suede books. Otherwise, I take up Penelope Douglas, Suzanne Wright and B.B. Reid, simply because of how utterly dirty they are.They are the ultimate guilty pleasure but I honestly can't say I'm feeling much sorrow about that.
Jennashby_87
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennashby-87.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: B07CZMMQPM

Post by Jennashby_87 »

I think it’s probably Stephanie Meyers. I don’t actually think she is a great author but I still enjoy reading her books anyways.
Maria Esposito
Favorite Book: The Panhandler and the Professional
Currently Reading: Live from Death Row
Bookshelf Size: 438
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maria-esposito.html
Latest Review: WHY ARE THERE MONKEYS? (and other questions for God) by Brooke Jones
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Maria Esposito »

Sister Soulja's novels - they are not well edited and she portrays women and relationships in a bit of a cliché way, but they're an absolute page turner.
slj3988
Currently Reading: Lord of the rings
Bookshelf Size: 180
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-slj3988.html
Latest Review: Learn to Love: Guide to Healing Your Disappointing Love Life by Thomas Jordan, Ph.D.

Post by slj3988 »

Stephenie Meyer. Everyone makes fun of me for shipping sparkly vampires :oops:
sevencrows
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sevencrows.html
Latest Review: Daisy's Run by Scott Baron

Post by sevencrows »

It's Sarah J. Maas, and this is my biggest shame -- though I get so angry at most of the things that happen and most of the things the characters do, I started the Throne of Glass series when I was younger and I became invested.
Namaste23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-namaste23.html
Latest Review: Did you know by Ashok Bhaskaran

Post by Namaste23 »

Debbie Macomber!!
edztan15
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edztan15.html
Latest Review: Sex Business Tokyo by Alta Eva Bourne

Post by edztan15 »

Dan Brown and Dean Koontz
Zoe Luh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zoe-luh.html
Latest Review: Moon Magic by Charli Elizabeth

Post by Zoe Luh »

Cassandra Clare. I love the Mortal Instruments series and it's spin-offs! Lol I even watched the Shadowhunters tv show even though it was objectively bad. But I'm really not that embarrassed by anything I read. If I enjoy it then it has value to me

Return to “Discuss Authors”