William shakesphere

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
BeccaCaley
Favorite Author: To many
Favorite Book: I could not honestly say
Currently Reading: The Evolution of Mara Dyer
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: William shakesphere

Post by BeccaCaley »

I have read every single Shakespeare play/sonnet etc ( I have the complete works) he is one of my favourites! I have been trained in Shakespeare for drama and I think that he is just phenomenal!
Sketched_Out
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sketched-out.html
Latest Review: "Tribalism" by Clarence Mason

Post by Sketched_Out »

I don't really like his works but that may be due to how my school presented it
Latest Review: "Tribalism" by Clarence Mason
Jen319164
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jen319164.html
Latest Review: "Wishes" by Leila Virou

Post by Jen319164 »

His compositions can be argued but i feel Macbeth has the most classic fiction theme
Latest Review: "Wishes" by Leila Virou
mandap24
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mandap24.html
Latest Review: "Usu" by Jayde Ver Elst

Post by mandap24 »

I have yet to read all of his work (although I have a massive book with them all)
However, my favorite play would have to be Hamlet, closely followed by Macbeth
I honestly never cared much for Romeo and Juliet.
Latest Review: "Usu" by Jayde Ver Elst
dheyd
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dheyd.html

Post by dheyd »

I'm a fan of Shakespeare; more so his tragedies than his comedies. I also enjoyed reading his sonnets. However, I probably wouldn't have become a fan if I didn't have to read it for school - both in high school and college. Being able to discuss the characters and major themes allowed me to appreciate his work more. If I had to pick a favorite play, it would be King Lear.
RussetDivinity
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-russetdivinity.html
Latest Review: "Heart of Flint" by Scott Stricklen

Post by RussetDivinity »

I didn't really "get" Shakespeare at first because I likely didn't know how to read him, but now I really enjoy his plays, especially Hamlet. I've found that sometimes the plays make a lot more sense if you read them aloud, since they were meant to be performed rather than read like a book. You can get a much better feel for the language if you try speaking the lines.
Latest Review: "Heart of Flint" by Scott Stricklen
90skids
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-90skids.html

Post by 90skids »

He was, quite simply, a genius. There is no debate necessary.
sammisinmeiho

Post by sammisinmeiho »

i really enjoyed othello. i read it for my grade 11 english class and my teacher analyzed everything really well. i started to appreciate shakespeare after othello (:
kairkyn

Post by kairkyn »

Hamlet was always my favorite. I love the BBC audio recording of it too.
samantha13
Currently Reading:

Post by samantha13 »

What William Shakespeare did in Romeo and Juliet blows my mind I always love to read it because of the story behind it. I highly recommend reading this play.
Kinkini
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kinkini.html
Latest Review: The Embalmer by Vincent Zandri

Post by Kinkini »

As an English Post Graduate, I really couldn't afford to miss Shakespeare. The journey started in middle school. I began by reading the modern English translations and went on to read Elizabethan original versions of his poems and plays starting Grade 9. It goes without saying that I loved his comedies such as Merchant of Venice, Twelfth Night and As You Like It. However, what intrigued me more were his tragedies. Macbeth, Hamlet, Othello, King Lear, Julius Ceasar, Antony and Cleopatra, so on and so forth. Read them all. I can still go back and read them for my love of the old English Language, the Elizabethan and Victorian era, and Shakespeare's intelligent work.
Regards,
Kinkini
A Bookworm
DancingLady
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 108
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dancinglady.html
Latest Review: Believe What You Want To Believe by Alicia Kristine and George Williams

Post by DancingLady »

Best playwright ever, but I’m kinda biased since the Shakespeare festival is the reason both my jobs even exist.

While many others have written remarkable plays, what makes Shakespeare stand out to me is the wide range of excellence and the volume he was able to produce on that level.
Mekkinism
Currently Reading: Raven's Peak
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mekkinism.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by Mekkinism »

I'm a huge fan, although I get why people aren't into reading Shakespeare. To me, he's a master of presenting thoroughly flawed and compelling characters that you really empathize with. I think Shylock, heavy anti-semetic overtones aside, is one of the best villains of all time. When you understand that Romeo and Juliet was based off of other stories whose moral was that marrying for love is a really dumb thing to do and will generally ruin everything, and you see how he complicates that straightforward understanding without changing the essentially tragic nature of the story, it adds a lot more depth.

I think Measure for Measure is one of his more underrated plays, although I'm not a huge fan of its final act.
EricaWilson
Favorite Book: Slated
Currently Reading: Seven Minutes in Heaven
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ericawilson.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by EricaWilson »

MacBeth is absolutely amazing. I love all of the hidden meaning hidden within the play, as well as the reversal of gender roles and the theme of power over morality. I’m reading Hamlet right now, but can’t seem to get as into it.
nadzcabs
Currently Reading: The Crimson Heirlooms
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by nadzcabs »

william shakespehere worte alot of wonderful plays romeo and juliet is well known story for the plot lines of the play is still being revived till to this day of age like the remake movie of 2013. but the most captivating play he wrote was hamlet (well in my own opinion) the drama, the turmoil in hamlet's mind upon his father's death and the usepation of his uncle. and the plot twist it had me captivated that i wanted to finish reading it at once so i can read it again.i also watched the movies of hamlet though the movie lacked so plot twist that were in the original play. it is a very wonderful play to read

Return to “Discuss Authors”