Caleb J. Boyer child prodigy?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Jlprince26
Currently Reading: Cynthia and Dan
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jlprince26.html
Latest Review: A Kingdom Forgotten by Charles W. McDonald Jr.

Caleb J. Boyer child prodigy?

Post by Jlprince26 »

The last book I read was written by Caleb J. Boyer. I had never heard of him prior to choosing the book "Island Games." I didn't read about the author until I finished the book. I was shocked to find that he was a 12 year old boy. I'm sure there have been other young authors but I personally had never encountered one and was thoroughly impressed. He was not only imaginative but inspiring as well. And at 12 years old I couldn't imagine what he has been through to feel the need to inspire others. Anyway my question is this..
Has anyone else read his book and what is your opinion on his age and the fact that he is already a #1 bestselling international author?
- "Our children learn from us, teach them well, teach them to read, let them be free, and most importantly let them be children." Jamie Prince
Kourtney Bradley
Favorite Book: Bridges of Madison County
Currently Reading: Layla
Bookshelf Size: 412
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kourtney-bradley.html
Latest Review: Dante's Demons by K.L. Barstow
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Kourtney Bradley »

I reviewed this one recently and was also completely blown away when I discovered his age. Absolutely impressive. Hopefully he continues to work on his writing in the future. It's truly a gift to be about to write so expressively at such a young age.
Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light. :techie-studyingbrown:
–Vera Nazarian
magnoparisi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-magnoparisi.html
Latest Review: The Warramunga's Aftermath of War by Greg Kater

Post by magnoparisi »

Some people mature faster than others. It's impressive indeed.
DC Brown
Currently Reading: Sold on a Monday
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dc-brown.html
Latest Review: The Byrds of Victory by James Robert Campbell

Post by DC Brown »

Jlprince26 wrote: 28 May 2019, 12:35 The last book I read was written by Caleb J. Boyer. I had never heard of him prior to choosing the book "Island Games." I didn't read about the author until I finished the book. I was shocked to find that he was a 12 year old boy. I'm sure there have been other young authors but I personally had never encountered one and was thoroughly impressed. He was not only imaginative but inspiring as well. And at 12 years old I couldn't imagine what he has been through to feel the need to inspire others. Anyway my question is this..
Has anyone else read his book and what is your opinion on his age and the fact that he is already a #1 bestselling international author?
I was completely blown away when I found out he was only 12 when he wrote the book. I thought the book was a great read for young adults, and I believe that was his target audience.
Jlprince26
Currently Reading: Cynthia and Dan
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jlprince26.html
Latest Review: A Kingdom Forgotten by Charles W. McDonald Jr.

Post by Jlprince26 »

I'm still in shock honestly. He really sent out a great message for his readers and I definitely think it will be great for young readers. Even me at 36 years old, it was something that while reading it I could put myself in situations and realize this kid is right! A kid! Giving great advice to the world! I'm amazed and totally loving it!
- "Our children learn from us, teach them well, teach them to read, let them be free, and most importantly let them be children." Jamie Prince
Kaylee Elmer
Currently Reading: Then Comes The Flood
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaylee-elmer.html
Latest Review: A Life In Another Time by Dr. Wayne Woods

Post by Kaylee Elmer »

I read Island Games and enjoyed it, though I found it repetitive. It was definitely impressive for a 12 year old. I work with middle schoolers and most of the ones I know would never have the attention span or motivation to write a book.
EternalD
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eternald.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by EternalD »

"Prodigy" is a strong word, but there is no doubt that he is a gifted young man. I agree with Kaylee123 that Island Games is a bit repetitive, though

Return to “Discuss Authors”