Jo Nesbo

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
RobinCarvacci
Bookshelf Size: 0

Jo Nesbo

Post by RobinCarvacci »

I just started reading Jo Nesbo's works and I'm hooked. Brilliant. I recently started with The Redbreast, and almost done ready for the next. Friends suggested after a Stieg Larsson binge.
Jazminsdaddy

Post by Jazminsdaddy »

I have been meaning to read some Nesbo as well. I really liked the Larsson books.
RobinCarvacci

Post by RobinCarvacci »

Which follows The Redbreast ? I know some are not available here in US. I have to look and see what is next in the series. I think one or two, you can't find here unless you do ebay or purchase overseas, which I really don't want to do.

I'm about halfway through and really enjoying it!

Robin
Carrie R
Favorite Author: So many
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... d=19706">A Fine Balance</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of Eating Bull

Post by Carrie R »

Love his books! And I'm so glad the earlier Harry Hole novels are now in English and easily accessible to the rest of us. I think his are even better than Stieg Larsson's. They're making a movie on The Snowman now.
Official OnlineBookClub.org review of Eating Bull ~ March book of the month!

Review of The Seneca Scourge - Previous book of the month!
zulito

Post by zulito »

I am reasding now The Sniwman.I like this authors.
MarisaRose
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 665">Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban</a>
Currently Reading: The Family Upstairs
Bookshelf Size: 435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marisarose.html
Latest Review: The Magic Shard by eelonqa K harris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by MarisaRose »

I recently borrowed "The Bat" from the library and I wasn't thrilled with it. I found it was a little boring, a little convoluted at times. However, I've seen a lot of really good reviews for some of Nesbo's later books in the series and am wondering if I should give him another try? What are your thoughts on his other works?
evelyn-m
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by evelyn-m »

I really love Jo Nesbo, he is one of my favorite writers because all of his books have something new to keep you hooked even if the most of them are based on one character. I had the opportunity to see him up-close and he was really funny and pretty clever too.
aby johnson
Favorite Author: Matthew Tysz
Favorite Book: A Gentleman in Moscow
Currently Reading: A Gentleman in Moscow
Bookshelf Size: 243
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aby-johnson.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers
Reading Device: B07FQ4Q7MB
fav_author_id: 50532

Post by aby johnson »

Jo Nesbo is so awesome and i absolutely love his works. I have only read snowman and the bat so far but i loved both. Snowman blew my mind and I'm so looking forward to reading more of his works.
Smile, for better days are yet to come :D
Anna Bookowski
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anna-bookowski.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer

Post by Anna Bookowski »

I've read few books written by Jo Nesbo and I enjoyed them all. They have this specific scandinavian Noir quality which I really like. They're dark, they're twisted, they're well told. There're mix of mistery, detective stories, suspense and thriller with a characteristic dark note. Very addictive.

Return to “Discuss Authors”