Is your favourite author from the first book you read and loved?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
63tty
Favorite Author: Tayma Tameem
Currently Reading: Killing Abel
Bookshelf Size: 349
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-63tty.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White
fav_author_id: 199293

Is your favourite author from the first book you read and loved?

Post by 63tty »

Does your favourite author happen to be the author whom the first book you read was by them and loved or not? If yes, has it changed or are they still your all-time favourite author?
“If love is the answer, could you rephrase the question?”
~Lily Tomlin
Rhainu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhainu.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Rhainu »

The very first book I really fell in love with was The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan when I was probably 13 or so. I’m probably a little too old for his works now, but six years later he’s still my favorite author!
Malve
Currently Reading: Onyx
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malve.html
Latest Review: Mysteries Of the First Instant by Daniel Friedmann

Post by Malve »

For a pretty long time my favorite author was Linda Chapman. I really loved her after reading "Sternenschweif" and "Stardust". However, that was when I was younger...by now I prefer John Green or Armentrout. 
elizabethhachet98
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by elizabethhachet98 »

Caroline B. Cooney! I bought some of her books again recently, and fell in love all over again.
Archaeoptery
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-archaeoptery.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Archaeoptery »

No. Rick Riordan is now my favorite author, Thought I will still collect books from my first one.
Hiruni Hansika
Currently Reading: The Midnight Library
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hiruni-hansika.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Hiruni Hansika »

No my first books are mostly Sri Lankan book. That is my country. My favourite author would be Stephen Chbosky. I read his book Perks of being a wallflower which is my all time favourite couple years ago.
CougarAP
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by CougarAP »

My favorite author is not from the first book that I read but rather from a story in a magazine that I read. That author is HP Lovecraft. Lovecraft is an author who creates amazing imagery and stories that flow better than many of today's horror/suspense big budget films.
Lynda Howard
Currently Reading: Gringo
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lynda-howard.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Lynda Howard »

Yes, Ken Follet Pillar of the Earth was the first book I read and fell in love with.
EternalD
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eternald.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by EternalD »

Obviously not. As a teenager, I liked books without the slightest depth. I wonder what I would have thought if I had read Crime and Punishment at age 12. As far as I can remember, the first book I truly loved was the first Harry Potter.
ronnieelectron
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by ronnieelectron »

The first book I ever read was while spending the long, dull summer months on a farm with no electricity, running water in the middle of nowhere--the furthest neighbor being a mile away--certainly insured there was nothing left to do except flip through all the books my foster father had stowed away. The first book by Louis L'Amour, Brand Of The Gun, still is a memory of the journey to his day. I read dozens of them, followed by Zane Grey, the cream of the genre in my opinion due to the great pedestal style characterization of the romances in all the books. The Hole In The Wall Gang, Riders Of The Purple Sage, and many others. Since then, various Sci Fi authors with Ray Bradbury topping the list, however, there are some one hit wonders that are amazing by somewhat unknown authors and obscure and unknown authors, a few of which I found on Zoetrope, Francis Ford Coppola's website and on the internet.

Return to “Discuss Authors”