PayPal is currently the only method of payment. You need to put the email associated with your Paypal account on the Preferences tab of your Review Team Page.
If you want to change your email/username, just contact us via the Contact Form with the correct info. No need to open a new account just for that, NOR is it allowed.
It is against the rules to create duplicate accounts.
This includes accounts created due to incorrect email/username typo/etc.
If you need your email/username changed, use the Contact Form to provide the correct information.
Please note that creating duplicate accounts is not only against the rules, it can cause various problems with your account, such as not being able to link your PayPal to your account.
In other words, DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, create a duplicate account.
The method outlined on the ban notice is the only way to appeal a ban from the Review Team or the Shelves.
Comments copied from anywhere, whether from another members' post, or from off-site, are not allowed. Posting plagiarized comments will result in a warning, and possibly the banning of your account.
Copying comments on the BOTD's posts for the Giveaway will result in disqualification and a warning for a start. Repeating it will result in a ban from the site.
Issues with the Review Team are handled via the Review Team Page only, NOT via the Contact Page. If you need another copy of the review book, you should ask for it via your Update tab. If you want to quit the book or ask for an extension, you do so via your Update tab as well.
Please note that Amazon requires a reviewer to spend $50 in his account transactions for the last 12 months to be eligible to leave a review there. If you don't meet their requirements and can't leave an Amazon review, you should update your Preferences to reflect that.
If you clicked on the author option by error, you should choose the "I am not an author" option on the Contact Form page. This should remove you from the author group and reinstate your reviewer status.
C/T/M/H genre is Crime, Thrillers, Mystery, and Horror Books.
- Site rules can be found here:
Topic Creation Guidelines
Strict Anti-Spam Rules
Please note that these rules apply to all members, not just authors.
- Help with verifying your email (please follow the instructions from the first post of this thread):
If your email address is spelled wrong, please contact us with the correct email (via the Contact Form, a link to which is provided below), and an Admin will change it for you. If you want to change your username, please contact us with the new name, and an Admin will change it for you. After verifying your email, you need to click on the Recheck Score button to refresh the page.
- Site FAQs:
- If you are interested in the Review Team, the FAQs explain about the Review Team and how to join.
- Alternatively, if you wish to delete your account, but encounter an error when selecting that option on the Contact form (a link to which is below), the FAQs explain how to do so successfully.
- Messages sent from the Contact form go directly to the mods:
Please note that the reply will come in the form of a Private Message.
Sending another message because you've failed to check your PMs will result in a warning telling you to check your PMs.
Links and info for new Review Team members
Please note that the system is running on Eastern Time, so you should update the status of your review a day before the official deadline if you are in a different time zone. .
Soliciting views or comments from other members, via Private Messages, signatures, or asking for them in comments, counts as spamming and self-promotion and is against the rules.
Please note that repeatedly posting links to your review, even without explicitly making a request, also counts as spamming.
It is against the rules to create duplicate accounts. Accounts created for the sole purpose of commenting only on a Review Team member's reviews and boost his popularity are not allowed and will lead to the banning of those accounts.
Books on Bookshelves cannot be read or downloaded and are just for show. Your Review Team page explains where and how to get review books.
- Review Team page:
Review Team page
Please note, you should read all the information on the different tabs of this page before choosing a book to review.
- The entire book must be read to review it.
- If you cannot, or do not want to finish the book, you have the option to quit the book on your Review Team page. However, quitting an excessive amount of books will have a negative impact on your reviewer score.
- Review Approval, Publication, and Payment Timeframes:
New Review Approval, Publication, and Payment Timeframes
- Instructions for using the BBCode:
How to Bold and Italicize text.
- Instructions for using underlining, italics, or quotation marks for titles:
Use underlining, italics, or quotation marks for titles
- Instructions for formating paragraphs in reviews:
How to Format Paragraphs in Reviews.
- Commas and Coordinating Conjunctions (Full Guide with Examples and Sources):
Commas and Coordinating Conjunctions.
- Tips on writing good reviews - grammar, spelling, style:
Tips on writing good reviews - grammar, spelling, style.
- If you have a question or issue that pertains to the Review Team:
REVIEW TEAM AND REVIEW REQUEST ISSUES - Read this first
- If the previous thread does not help, this forum, Review Team Support, is where you should post (note: this forum is not for debates or complaints, but for seeking advice and answers to questions):
Remember to check for answers on your Review Team page before posting here.
If the review score tab says there's 1 reply on the review but you are unable to view it, there is NO comment. The reply refers to your review.
Your History tab will show you the status of the review as well as tell you whether the review was approved or rejected.
If you are trying to put in a status update and none of the other options on the Update tab apply, then just click on the "other error" option.
General Helpful Threads