Secret bonus code won’t work

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Yssimnar
Favorite Book: Wives and Daughters
Currently Reading: No Man Knows My History
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yssimnar.html
Latest Review: Seer by Larry Austin

Secret bonus code won’t work

Post by Yssimnar »

My daily entry emails give me a bonus code, but when I enter the code it doesn’t work. The page will refresh and that’s it. I recently changed my official email address on my account and the secret code is being sent to the old address. Could this be my problem?
:wink:
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Yssimnar wrote: 02 Aug 2018, 20:45 My daily entry emails give me a bonus code, but when I enter the code it doesn’t work. The page will refresh and that’s it. I recently changed my official email address on my account and the secret code is being sent to the old address. Could this be my problem?
This is most likely the reason.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Yssimnar

Post by Yssimnar »

gali wrote: 02 Aug 2018, 23:02
Yssimnar wrote: 02 Aug 2018, 20:45 My daily entry emails give me a bonus code, but when I enter the code it doesn’t work. The page will refresh and that’s it. I recently changed my official email address on my account and the secret code is being sent to the old address. Could this be my problem?
Any idea how to change it? When I go into my profile, the new email is showing. Where else do I need to change it?
Yssimnar

Post by Yssimnar »

Update: I am getting the daily emails at my old email and my new email now. I will have to unsubscribe on my old email...
Yssimnar

Post by Yssimnar »

It is! I found the code in my new email spam box. Once I used it instead of the code from the old email address, it worked! Then in unsubscribed from the list on my old email because Scott says that unopened emails mess up his statistics in some way.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Yssimnar wrote: 04 Aug 2018, 14:51
It is! I found the code in my new email spam box. Once I used it instead of the code from the old email address, it worked! Then in unsubscribed from the list on my old email because Scott says that unopened emails mess up his statistics in some way.
:tiphat:
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
HollandBlue
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hollandblue.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by HollandBlue »

I've never had a problem with the BOTD bonus code and enjoy the opportunity to use it for an added entry point. Thanks for including it in the BOTD emails!
:techie-studyinggray: when I get a little money I buy books; and if I have any left l buy food and clothes
Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamas
(1466-1536)

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”