Tracking the yearly reading challenge

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Vickie Noel
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 86063">Are you afraid of the dark</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 868
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vickie-noel.html
Latest Review: Modern Day Cowboy by Nathaniel Sheft
Reading Device: B01C9JZEBO

Tracking the yearly reading challenge

Post by Vickie Noel »

Hi,

Is it possible to have an indicator showing just how many books one has read out of their year's reading challenge? Much like how you have the feature, "You have read 9 out of 25 books ~36.0%" on Goodreads. I tried to see how far I'd gone with mine and only saw the stats for my 2017 reading challenge as well as the percentage of goal completion. As someone who isn't very mathematically inclined, I have no idea how many books made up for 295% of 20 books. I don't even know my progress report for 2018.

Could it be done?
Ahlily
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ahlily.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Ahlily »

I think it would be beneficial to have a way to easily access your goals in an easy to process format, especially since percentages can be tricky for some and are sometimes misleading. Having 50% read out of two books is far different than having 50% read out of 100 books.
Ahlily
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ahlily.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Ahlily »

Vickie Noel wrote: 23 Jul 2018, 00:36 Hi,

Is it possible to have an indicator showing just how many books one has read out of their year's reading challenge? Much like how you have the feature, "You have read 9 out of 25 books ~36.0%" on Goodreads. I tried to see how far I'd gone with mine and only saw the stats for my 2017 reading challenge as well as the percentage of goal completion. As someone who isn't very mathematically inclined, I have no idea how many books made up for 295% of 20 books. I don't even know my progress report for 2018.

Could it be done?
Based on your percentage and goal of 20 books, you've read 59 books. (295%/100% = 2.95. Multiply 2.95 x 20 = 59)
Vickie Noel
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 86063">Are you afraid of the dark</a>
Currently Reading:

Post by Vickie Noel »

Ahlily wrote: 23 Jul 2018, 15:59
Vickie Noel wrote: 23 Jul 2018, 00:36 Hi,

Could it be done?
Based on your percentage and goal of 20 books, you've read 59 books. (295%/100% = 2.95. Multiply 2.95 x 20 = 59)
Oh wow, thank you! Especially for the breakdown.... Now I have a reference anytime I need to calculate this myself :D. Meanwhile, that wasn't too bad for a goal completion if I do say so meself.. That's why I'd like to see just how far I've gone for 2018 without necessarily waiting for next year to see the total.
Stop waiting for what you WANT, start working with what you HAVE. --- Seth Cain
Never be bullied into questioning your own credibility. --- Vickie Noel
Vickie Noel
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Post by Vickie Noel »

Ahlily wrote: 23 Jul 2018, 15:57 I think it would be beneficial to have a way to easily access your goals in an easy to process format, especially since percentages can be tricky for some and are sometimes misleading. Having 50% read out of two books is far different than having 50% read out of 100 books.
Exactly the point!
Stop waiting for what you WANT, start working with what you HAVE. --- Seth Cain
Never be bullied into questioning your own credibility. --- Vickie Noel

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”